Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
Thanks Tree58Thanks

Thread: Trump Bible Leader

  1. #1
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45,290
    Thanks
    32181

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Thanks from Friday13, Monk-Eye and Davocrat

  2. #2
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,485
    Thanks
    24626

    From
    Vulcan
    Pretty damn offensive.

    Have you seen this, @Czernobog?
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #3
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45,290
    Thanks
    32181

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Pretty damn offensive.

    Have you seen this, @Czernobog?
    For some reason this came in my email, Ian. Maybe we should read more about what is going on.
    Thanks from Friday13

  4. #4
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall
    Attacking Christians holding Bible studies now?

    Wow, that is sad.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,916
    Thanks
    17392

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Attacking Christians holding Bible studies now?

    Wow, that is sad.
    Unsurprisingly, you, again, miss the point, and the concern. I don't care if you study the bible 16 hours a day - in the privacy of your own home. My concern is that Drollinger seems intent on moving beyond simple Bible Study, and wants to direct public policy in accordance with his particular interpretation of Christianity, and the Bible. And, here's the thing, even if I happened to agree with the social agenda that he wants the government to pursue, I would still have grave concerns. I do not want my government's public policies to be conspicuously driven by a religious agenda. We have a secular government, uninfluenced, for the most part, by religion, and I would really prefer that it remain so. We have historical records, and modern day examples of what governments that are actively theocratic, or even passively influenced by religion, are like, and those governments are never known for being particularly successful in protecting the rights of all citizens equally.

  6. #6
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Unsurprisingly, you, again, miss the point, and the concern. I don't care if you study the bible 16 hours a day - in the privacy of your own home. My concern is that Drollinger seems intent on moving beyond simple Bible Study, and wants to direct public policy in accordance with his particular interpretation of Christianity, and the Bible. And, here's the thing, even if I happened to agree with the social agenda that he wants the government to pursue, I would still have grave concerns. I do not want my government's public policies to be conspicuously driven by a religious agenda. We have a secular government, uninfluenced, for the most part, by religion, and I would really prefer that it remain so. We have historical records, and modern day examples of what governments that are actively theocratic, or even passively influenced by religion, are like, and those governments are never known for being particularly successful in protecting the rights of all citizens equally.
    This may come as a shock to you but many politicians already vote on issues based on their religion.

    They just aren't public about it.

    Most Christians also vote in line with their religious beliefs also.

    I swear, its true.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,916
    Thanks
    17392

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    This may come as a shock to you but many politicians already vote on issues based on their religion.

    They just aren't public about it.

    Most Christians also vote in line with their religious beliefs also.

    I swear, its true.
    Really? You're sure about that? Then can we assume that you are an aberration in your views on abortion? After all, we don't have a federal fetal personhood act. And Same-sex marriage? You are alone in your views? Because we don't have a federal ban. I could go on, and on. The fact is that, thankfully, most of our government representatives recognise that they are there to represent the majority views of their constituents, not vote their own conscience/beliefs, everyone else be damned.

    And I would kinda like to keep it that way. Religion has no business influencing how our government governs.
    Thanks from Hollywood and RedCloud

  8. #8
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    51,485
    Thanks
    24626

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Attacking Christians holding Bible studies now?

    Wow, that is sad.
    Obviously, you did not read even the first paragraph of the OP's article.
    Thanks from Davocrat

  9. #9
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,736
    Thanks
    26788

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Attacking Christians holding Bible studies now?

    Wow, that is sad.
    Is it really that hard to read the article?
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Babba

  10. #10
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,736
    Thanks
    26788

    From
    SWUSA
    Drollinger, who started putting together one-page Bible studies for California legislators more than 20 years ago,
    Everyone Drollinger reaches out to has the right to tell him, his group and Donald Trump to go fuck themselves. I would.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Report: Trump Cabinet members attend weekly Bible study
    By Czernobog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2nd August 2017, 07:04 AM
  2. The Satanic Bible vs. the holy bible
    By knight in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 26th March 2016, 08:07 AM
  3. At 23% Trump is again the GOP leader.
    By goldendog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th November 2015, 08:55 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th July 2014, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed