Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 141 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1703
Thanks Tree261Thanks

Thread: Atheist answer to the 10 Commandments: 10 Rational positions.

  1. #1401
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,369
    Thanks
    17649

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Because that’s all that matters. Revelation means truth revealed to one individual
    That's all that matters, if you are only talking about a personal religion that you keep to yourself, and are not interested in convincing anyone else of. But, you aren't. Not only do you want to convince others of the objective truth of your religious belief, you want to pass laws based on the morals of that belief. So, you're going to have to do better. If you have nothing else, then just admit that, and quit trying to convince everyone else that your personal delusions are relevant to anyone but yourself.
    Last edited by Czernobog; 2nd February 2018 at 08:27 AM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  2. #1402
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,369
    Thanks
    17649

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Can you prove you love a person?
    The difference is that I am not trying to force you, or anyone else, to behave hny differently because of my love for my wife. You keep acting like the only thing that matters is your personal opinion of your personal experiences, and we should all just leave you alone, and let you have your beliefs. And I would happily do so, if you would just stop trying to pass laws based on your religious beliefs, and quit trying to assert the object of your personal faith - God - as an objective reality.

  3. #1403
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,697
    Thanks
    4893

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Because thatís all that matters. Revelation means truth revealed to one individual
    Beliefs aren't truth and you don't get to use your beliefs to dictate truth.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  4. #1404
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,697
    Thanks
    4893

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Did Federal Government then confess a state religion?
    Regardless of whether it did or didn't, it was still a group of Christians' intentions to install a theocracy. State, county, municipal or Federal, the government is the government.
    Last edited by Michael J; 2nd February 2018 at 06:35 AM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  5. #1405
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,697
    Thanks
    4893

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Still no state religion, still a secular government
    That doesn't mean it wasn't Joe Kennedy's intention to bring a sectarian religion into a government administration.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  6. #1406
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,697
    Thanks
    4893

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The truth revealed is from proof. Belief without proof is baseless
    Belief isn't belief with proof. You can't believe something if you have proof of it.

  7. #1407
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,369
    Thanks
    17649

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The truth revealed is from proof. Belief without proof is baseless
    To what truth are you referring? Your personal truth? Or objective truth? Because if it is the former, than you are quite right. Your "revelation" is more than sufficient. You are free to delude yourself however you would like. However, if you are suggesting the former, then sorry, no matter how many times you repeat it, your wilful delusions regarding some personal experience is insufficient evidence to prove anything objectively.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  8. #1408
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,574
    Thanks
    26159

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The truth revealed is from proof.
    No, it is not. That does not even make sense. Your personal belief about a "revelation" you claim to have had has nothing to do with proof. You said you could prove G-d exists, yet you have provided none. All you have done is state your belief and call it proof.

  9. #1409
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,823
    Thanks
    31757

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    So far America has never been a Theocracy. We did come close though when the high school football coach was praying after the games
    I stated, "theocracy is a shitty way to govern."
    You, in your post #1375 , responded by saying, "How would you know, hasn't happened ever?"

    I just gave you seven CURRENT examples of theocracies.

    Now, do you think the government of ANY of those countries is admirable? Did I say ANYTHING about America? Now, did you or did you not dispute my claim that "theocracies are a shitty way to govern?"
    Try to focus on what is actually being said here.

  10. #1410
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,697
    Thanks
    4893

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    America has religious roots, it would be difficult to hide that
    So just because religious Freemasons founded the U.S., the state must now adopt religious mottos that put words in atheists' and agnostics' mouths? That logical fallacy is called an Appeal to Tradition. Look it up.

    You give more and more evidence that you are a clerico fascist. You believe atheists must be wiped out because you think they're responsible for the rise in the national crime rate, and the state must adopt shit-brained religious mottos that exclude atheists.

Similar Threads

  1. Rational reason to believe in God?
    By Communist Rationalist in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 26th July 2013, 10:01 PM
  2. Ask the Last Rational Man
    By JayMick in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 3rd February 2012, 05:41 PM
  3. Is there a Rational Ground for Morality?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th April 2009, 01:20 AM
  4. Belief in God is rational
    By Vetruvius in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 18th February 2009, 08:56 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed