Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 41 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1703
Thanks Tree261Thanks

Thread: Atheist answer to the 10 Commandments: 10 Rational positions.

  1. #401
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,574
    Thanks
    26159

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That's usually what's behind the "put god back into schools" or government idea. They don't mean just any god.
    Indeed, they do not mean "G-d" at all.

    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
    Thanks from Dittohead not!

  2. #402
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,076
    Thanks
    2831

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Of course you will engage in a hostile discussion with me and everyone else. As a self-admitted drug addict, you can't control your impulses, and your impulses tell you to attack anyone who doesn't believe Christians are a a master race.
    Same with you, its against my principles to get involved in hate speech. The staff does nothing about it, so I choose to not engage.

  3. #403
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,076
    Thanks
    2831

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    So in other words, you are making up a conspiracy theory. Political Science Professor Michael Barkun found conspiracy theories to involve a plot of evil doers who conspired to achieve a malevolent end. In logic, however, conspiracy theories are fallacies because they appeal to hidden knowledge. Nothing can be argued about hidden knowledge simply because it is hidden.

    You say Jews are part of a conspiracy to deny Christ was the messiah. By that, you assume the Jews already knew that he was the messiah. That reveals your fallacy of assumption. Jews couldn't have known he was the messiah because Jesus Christ wasn't the messiah. There is no archaeogical evidence of his tomb, and there is no way to prove the witnesses to his resurrections' claims. The Annals of Tacitus briefly mentions his crucifixion, but the lack of Christ's body and tomb doesn't corroborate the book and makes it look like the small passage about Christ is a forgery just like Josephus' passage is. The Holy Bible is a secondary source that people who claimed to have known Jesus wrote by memory. Several decades after the events allegedly took place, they sat down and wrote down what they were trying to remember about Jesus Christ.

    Next you are going to quote the Holy Bible to prove Christ's resurrection, but the book doesn't prove itself. You are only making a circular argument: The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ is the messiah, and Jesus Christ is the messiah because the Holy Bible says he is.
    All prophecies in the Tanakh point to Jesus as the Messiah, but Pharasee’s due to their hard head religious ideology decided Jeremiah was wrong about the New Convenant and they have been trying to make that case for over 2000 years.

  4. #404
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,076
    Thanks
    2831

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    I didn't ask if it was illegal. I asked if it was wrong. Allow me to be more clear. You, and I, seem to agree that murder is immoral. Now, did you require the 10 Commandments to understand that Murder is immoral, or did you already know, innately, that murder is an immoral act?



    "...God was kicked out of schools..." Really? When that happened, did the students in those schools sudden;y become non-Christians? Did they stop attending church with their families? Did they stop getting "moral teachings" from their churches, and families? You make this statement, as if removing religious teachings from secular public schools ended all religious teaching everywhere. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. Here are q fact about mass shooters that you may not be familiar with: out of ov3er 160 mass shootings in the last decade over 85% of the shooters professed to be Church-Going Christians. Now, to be clear, no study links a causal link between Christian belief, and gun violence. That wasn't the point. The point is that the shooters were Christian, they still go to church. They still get "moral teachings" of the church.

    Your suggestion seems to imply that without religion being taught in secular, public schools that American children are no longer getting any moral teachings. However, as there are still churches, and still families, and as the majority of mass shooters still claim to adhere to Christianity, your suggestion seems flawed, at best.
    your lovely government kicked God out of schools , so they felt like they would be politically correct. Would the law teach me murder is wrong? No, but God saying it would definitely get my attention. The law has done very little at stopping murders, just look at Chicago.

  5. #405
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,574
    Thanks
    26159

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    {I}ts against my principles to get involved in hate speech.
    And yet you engage in it in your very next post (see below).

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    All prophecies in the Tanakh point to Jesus as the Messiah, but Pharasee’s due to their hard head religious ideology decided Jeremiah was wrong about the New Convenant and they have been trying to make that case for over 2000 years.
    A repeat of the same old hate speech against Jews you have engaged in for years now. We know our religion and our texts better than you do, and have done nothing of the nature you describe. You are lying and trolling again.

  6. #406
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,076
    Thanks
    2831

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Indeed, they do not mean "G-d" at all.

    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
    Yes they do. You think if people know God it will be big trouble for secular government, because they have done a good job of preventing people from learning about God.

  7. #407
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,076
    Thanks
    2831

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    And yet you engage in it in your very next post (see below).


    A repeat of the same old hate speech against Jews you have engaged in for years now. We know our religion and our texts better than you do, and have done nothing of the nature you describe. You are lying and trolling again.
    that is in no way hate speech, its the truth. Because your people deny Jeremiahs prophecy and I point that out, you hate that.

  8. #408
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,574
    Thanks
    26159

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    your lovely government kicked G-d out of schools , so they felt like they would be politically correct.
    No such thing occurred. You are making things up out of your own personal ideology. Read Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 (1962), for a change, rather than excoriating something you have not even read, much less understand. I have even given you the link in the unlikely event you decide to read for a change, instead of parrotting the same old uninformed opinions over and over again (like you do with the law and the Tanakh).

  9. #409
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,574
    Thanks
    26159

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Yes they do.
    No, they do not. They - including you - mean their particular religion. You cannot kick G-d out of anywhere, so your complaint makes no sense. But you can sure keep the government from endorsing a religion, and that is what ruffles your feathers.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    [The government has] done a good job of preventing people from learning about G-d.
    No, it has not - nor has it even tried. It merely minds its own business, and the Establishment Clause provides that religion is not the government's business.

  10. #410
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,574
    Thanks
    26159

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    that is in no way hate speech, its the truth.
    Hate speech is exactly what it is, accusing Jews of lying about our own books. I know what you really think of Jews because of what you are willing to believe about us, this big National Conspiracy to deny your fake messiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Because your people deny Jeremiahs prophecy and I point that out, you hate that.
    No, we do not. You are lying and trolling again. I have demonstrated this over and over again, yet you persist in your antisemitic claim that Jews are lying about our own religion and books.

Similar Threads

  1. Rational reason to believe in God?
    By Communist Rationalist in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 26th July 2013, 10:01 PM
  2. Ask the Last Rational Man
    By JayMick in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 3rd February 2012, 05:41 PM
  3. Is there a Rational Ground for Morality?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th April 2009, 01:20 AM
  4. Belief in God is rational
    By Vetruvius in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 18th February 2009, 08:56 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed