Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Thanks Tree29Thanks

Thread: The Two Commandments

  1. #21
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,408
    Thanks
    31188

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Is Killing Pregnant Woman a Double Murder? - ABC News
    Interesting a person will be charged for murdering a pregnant mother with two murders, but when she does it herself its only one.
    The choice is hers, no one else's.

  2. #22
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    24,998
    Thanks
    16878

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    That would depend on who you ask.
    Well, canít have one without the other, according to my church.

  3. #23
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,788
    Thanks
    12286

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    I have said over and over, Homosexuality is a sin, but I have to follow it up with the question to myself are My Sins any better than the sins of the homosexual, funny thing the answer is always NO.

    Now, Abortion is a different question you asked if it should be legal, Should Stealing be legal, Should Murder be legal The act of an abortion kills human life.. so that directly ends a life.
    Is lying a sin? How about adultery? Greed? Gluttony? Knowing that children are going hungry and starving, people living on the streets while you visit one of your 5 or 6 multi-million dollar mansions, brag about how rich you are and raise the membership fee at one of your clubs, from $100,000 to $200,000, to name ONLY a few things.

    The average tax cut for those who make under $100,000 annually, will be what? The average tax cut for the those who make $733,000 and up, will be what?

    https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/tax...ard/1513633344

    Tell us, in your estimation, who of the two income levels spoken of above, needs more of a hand up? Who, even if they got no tax cut, would still be WELL OFF????

    Is living high off the hog while children are going hungry, people are living on the street, parents and children are going without medical care, "pro-life" and saving lives", in your mind?
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 18th December 2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Thanks from Friday13

  4. #24
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,788
    Thanks
    12286

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    All sins matter to Christians and none should be condoned. The reason we speak out against Abortion and Same Sex Marrriage is America has made laws legalizing those sins and has the ability to fine or Sue a Christian if they disagree with them in their business. Government has become the bully that forces what others are to accept in what was a free society.
    I seem to remember "THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY" and THOU SHALT NOT COVET" as several of the TEN COMMANDMENTS. You claim sins should not be condoned. Did you read the OP? What does a large majority of White Christian Evangelicals, supporting Trump and all his sins, say about ONE, "condoning sins" and TWO, HYPOCRISY?

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/hypocrisy

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/narcissism

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/greed

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/gluttony

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/false_witness

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/adultery

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/revenge

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/false_teachers



    When it becomes obvious, that people trying to sell themselves as one thing, while they do the opposite in many cases, then people will ask, what's up with the non-alignment, with GOOD reason. If there is no credible response, one can only assume those selling themselves as something, then act in the opposite manner, are con artists, again, with GOOD reason.

    One of the first clues to con artistry when it comes to people who claim to believe in Christ's teachings, before one notices the above, is a lack of the following.

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/humility

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/introspection

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/honesty


    Sadly, it is the hypocrites who destroy the very thing they engage in hypocrisy at times, to "protect". Hypocrisy can be countered by humility, introspection and honesty to one's self. If one cannot be honest to themselves, why would they be honest to anyone else?
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 18th December 2017 at 04:27 PM.

  5. #25
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37,753
    Thanks
    35568

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    When it becomes obvious, that people trying to sell themselves as one thing, while they do the opposite in many cases, then people will ask, what's up with the non-alignment, with GOOD reason. If there is no credible response, one can only assume those selling themselves as something, then act in the opposite manner, are con artists, again, with GOOD reason.
    For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
    Thanks from Friday13 and KnotaFrayed

  6. #26
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,293
    Thanks
    2996

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    The choice is hers, no one else's.
    So murder is ok for a mother, but another person doing it is not. That fetus can be a life and a potential life all at once.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,293
    Thanks
    2996

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    I seem to remember "THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY" and THOU SHALT NOT COVET" as several of the TEN COMMANDMENTS. You claim sins should not be condoned. Did you read the OP? What does a large majority of White Christian Evangelicals, supporting Trump and all his sins, say about ONE, "condoning sins" and TWO, HYPOCRISY?

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/hypocrisy

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/narcissism

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/greed

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/gluttony

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/false_witness

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/adultery

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/revenge

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/false_teachers



    When it becomes obvious, that people trying to sell themselves as one thing, while they do the opposite in many cases, then people will ask, what's up with the non-alignment, with GOOD reason. If there is no credible response, one can only assume those selling themselves as something, then act in the opposite manner, are con artists, again, with GOOD reason.

    One of the first clues to con artistry when it comes to people who claim to believe in Christ's teachings, before one notices the above, is a lack of the following.

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/humility

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/introspection

    https://www.openbible.info/topics/honesty


    Sadly, it is the hypocrites who destroy the very thing they engage in hypocrisy at times, to "protect". Hypocrisy can be countered by humility, introspection and honesty to one's self. If one cannot be honest to themselves, why would they be honest to anyone else?
    You would have a good point if the Supreme Court ruled that all adulterers are a protected class and anyone that discriminates against them will be fined or sued. You are right about all those other sins, but there is no laws that protect the people practicing them on the books. The main issue is what the government is endorcing and punishing people from not following their laws.

  8. #28
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,408
    Thanks
    31188

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    So murder is ok for a mother...
    It is not murder, as a matter of constitutional law - something you do not comprehend.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    ... but another person doing it is not.
    ... if against the mother's will.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,293
    Thanks
    2996

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    It is not murder, as a matter of constitutional law - something you do not comprehend.


    ... if against the mother's will.
    So if a pregnant mother tells me to kill her unborn fetus its legal.

  10. #30
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37,753
    Thanks
    35568

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    So if a pregnant mother tells me to kill her unborn fetus its legal.
    Are you a gynecologist?

    If that's your way of asking if abortion is a legal medical procedure within the US, then the answer is yes. Abortion is legal in most of the civilized world, and it was quite prevalent within the US even before it was declared legal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Ten Commandments of Liberalism:
    By Rorschach in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 21st July 2015, 10:08 PM
  2. Ten Thousand Commandments
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17th May 2015, 02:41 PM
  3. The GOP ten commandments
    By zitiboy in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th August 2011, 01:14 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed