Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Faith For Power

  1. #1
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,153
    Thanks
    34131

    From
    Englewood,Ohio

    Thumbs down Faith For Power


  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,555
    Thanks
    11209

    From
    By the wall
    Evangelicals are just people, they can do things outside of God you know.

    Like watching sports, going on trips, voting.

    Why do you people assume people who follow God always do everything with God as their number 1 priority?

    It shows just how clueless you are.

    If you have to vote for someone that will directly impact your life, and you have two choices, you have to pick the lesser evil.

    Why do you assume they support everything Trump does or stands for?

    More Christian bashing from you.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24,491
    Thanks
    20603

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    There is no question that this movement has compromised themselves and they are losing young people for it.

  4. #4
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    58,842
    Thanks
    28829

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    More Christian bashing from you.
    "Bashing" her own religion? That seems unlikely?

  5. #5
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,288
    Thanks
    2921

    From
    Washington state
    this is a new one, now Liberals wonder why we vote for judge Moore after he was slandered with no real proof. You got Jones by peddling fake stories and Moore lost. Your way of winning election won even though it wasn’t done with positive ideas. That seems to be the only way Liberals can win elections, so eventuay people will catch on to that especially when you get exposed .

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,037
    Thanks
    35594

    From
    in my head

    Faith For Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Why do you people assume people who follow God always do everything with God as their number 1 priority?
    Because they claim to. We shouldn’t hold people to what they say about themselves?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks from OldGaffer and MaryAnne

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,555
    Thanks
    11209

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Because they claim to. We shouldn’t hold people to what they say about themselves?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't claim that.

    I don't watch a football game and wonder who God would want me to cheer for.

    I don't pick which gas station to fill up at according to what God would have me do.

    I don't pick tennis shoes based on what I think God would want me to wear.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,774
    Thanks
    8139

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Because they claim to. We shouldn’t hold people to what they say about themselves?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Christ told me As I go through life for me to tell people about him.

    Remember even Paul said there are times I don't do what I know I should do... and I do things I know I should not do.

    God's Response to him was "There is grace enough"

    Christians are not perfect (even though I have to admit there are those that do think they are)

    1 John says If you say you do not sin you call God a Liar.. but children of God have an advocate for them, Jesus Christ, who will say.. They committed the Sin, I have taken the punishment for them. their slate is clean..

    As I have always said, You have sinned, but how can I ever claim that your sins are worse than mine. I cannot. I know that I have an advocate to plead my case at the time of judgement.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,037
    Thanks
    35594

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I don't claim that.
    Then you aren't an evangelical Christian. It's to evangelicals that I was referring.

    I don't watch a football game and wonder who God would want me to cheer for.

    I don't pick which gas station to fill up at according to what God would have me do.

    I don't pick tennis shoes based on what I think God would want me to wear.
    I'm not sure God has an opinion on entirely transactional choices. But if he did, evangelicals would have to subordinate their own tastes to His.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,153
    Thanks
    34131

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    this is a new one, now Liberals wonder why we vote for judge Moore after he was slandered with no real proof. You got Jones by peddling fake stories and Moore lost. Your way of winning election won even though it wasn’t done with positive ideas. That seems to be the only way Liberals can win elections, so eventuay people will catch on to that especially when you get exposed .
    This is a Religious board. Your wrong headed opinion on why Moore lost shows you to be one of the Evangelicals the top post is about.

    Jones won because the voters in Alabama admire a man who prosecuted the KKK,went after the killers of those two girls killed in a Church

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 17th December 2016, 06:36 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11th December 2014, 04:30 AM
  3. The irrational faith in Science's incompatibility with Faith in God
    By kmiller1610 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 20th November 2014, 08:13 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 21st November 2011, 05:25 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th January 2007, 10:55 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed