Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 481
Thanks Tree199Thanks

Thread: Speaking in tongues

  1. #61
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    58,767
    Thanks
    28771

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You never admit to anything you say even when I post it.
    You make claims about what I have said, then post my words that do not say what you claim. Either you cannot read and do not have a B.A. ... or you are just making things up out of thin air. Either way, you are lying and trolling, and have nothing of value to contribute.

  2. #62
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    58,767
    Thanks
    28771

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I believe it was G-d communicating with my spirit....
    And the actual evidence is ... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I had no idea what was said...
    Then how can you make a claim as to what it was?
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #63
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,105
    Thanks
    33522

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Not at all, something similar happened to me one night while I was going to bed. I never sought this gift or even desired it. It just happened and i had no control over it. I believe it was God communicating with my spirit after I was baptized. I had no idea what was said, but I felt a lot better after it happened. The speaking of tongues in the Book of Acts was the Disciples speaking foreign languages (they didn't even know how to speak) for the visitors from different countries so they could understand the Good news of Jesus Christ. The Gift of Speaking in Tongues
    Perhaps you were being probed by aliens. https://theportalist.com/bizarre-ali...uction-stories
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, Panzareta and Friday13

  4. #64
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,264
    Thanks
    2920

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    You make claims about what I have said, then post my words that do not say what you claim. Either you cannot read and do not have a B.A. ... or you are just making things up out of thin air. Either way, you are lying and trolling, and have nothing of value to contribute.
    You are easy catching the double talk, you just never admit you said what you said, probably cause its embarrassing. I understand and feel your pain.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,264
    Thanks
    2920

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Perhaps you were being probed by aliens. https://theportalist.com/bizarre-ali...uction-stories
    Filled with the Holy Spirit

  6. #66
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,264
    Thanks
    2920

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    And the actual evidence is ... ?


    Then how can you make a claim as to what it was?
    speaking in an unknown language was the evidence

  7. #67
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,105
    Thanks
    33522

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Filled with the Holy Spirit
    Yeah...

    Sha kia bah bah bah...

  8. #68
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,154
    Thanks
    3818

    The lengths you guys go to in order to misunderstand others is impressively ignorant.

    Let me try again. I think speaking in tounges is a scientifically understandable connection between the subconscious and the speaking circuits of a human being.

    It has parallels in a variety of cultural, psychological and musical forms which people embrace and enjoy because they connect to primal forms of expression and public celebrations.

    It is less than what some Pentecostals claim it to be, but more than what our local leftists will admit to.

  9. #69
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    58,767
    Thanks
    28771

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You are easy catching the double talk, you just never admit you said what you said, probably cause its embarrassing. I understand and feel your pain.
    You are double-talking, lying and trolling. I did not say what you claim, because you are simply unable to intelligently discuss the subject - or any other, for that matter.

  10. #70
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    58,767
    Thanks
    28771

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    speaking in an unknown language was the evidence.
    Not only is that not evidence, but even if there was a recording there would be no evidence it was an actual language. Given your history on PH, it is far more likely you were making it up and are deceiving yourself with paranoid delusions of grandiosity (along with your delusions of persecution).

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Politically Speaking...
    By Minotaur in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th December 2017, 11:02 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11th June 2016, 09:07 AM
  3. Speaking up.....More and more....
    By KnotaFrayed in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th March 2016, 11:11 AM
  4. Speaking of Stormfront....
    By Michele in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 30th December 2014, 07:36 AM
  5. Speaking of FP's................
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th October 2013, 04:20 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed