Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: The Last Temptation of Christ

  1. #21
    Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,042
    Thanks
    168

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    More ignorance. Christians trust and fully believe God. God declares that the Jews are his chosen people, Christians have strong feelings about Jews because Jesus was of Jewish lineage. Christians do not persecute Jews, there are some (just like in every other situation) that pervert their faith and do terrible things.

    You chose to paint all Christians in a certain manner...I suppose you would take offense if I painted all Liberals as murderers because one chose to shoot conservatives practicing softball...
    If you do not like being branded, stop flying the cross.

    All who contribute to a vile religion must take the heat for their immorality. You trying to forgive the few good does not work when they support such a vile religion.

    Regards
    DL

  2. #22
    Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,042
    Thanks
    168

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Hardly - God knew his heart and what he would do...He did not make him do it, he allowed it for a much grander purpose.

    The word says "God hardened Pharaohs heart...He did not force his heart to do anything, he simply put him in a place and circumstances where his already bitter and nasty heart would respond exactly the way God knew it would.

    It's described best this way...a pond in late spring with ice still melting at sunrise, the same sun that melts the ice, hardens the clay, based upon their existing characteristics.
    IOW. Your prick of a God created the circumstances where he would murder the innocent first born of Egypt.

    And you adore such a prick.

    Good for you.

    Regards
    DL

  3. #23
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,282
    Thanks
    1221

    From
    Maryland USA
    My personal favorite is Jesus Christ, Superstar. Beyond the music, I think it asks some relevant questions? Why didn't he wait until our current mass communication abilities? If it was pre-determined that Judas would betray him and Peter would deny him, how can they be blamed for their actions.

    The first time I saw a production of it, I actually went with some Jewish buds. One of them had invested in the production and we had great seats. With my buds, religion and money had something less than a direct connection. One of them asked me--Now who exactly was Mary Magdalene? I told them that she was a hooker that Jesus pickup. Their response was--are you serious? I said, I don't know for sure, that I wasn't there, but that's what I have been told. A bud suggested that if she was a hooker, wouldn't she know how to love him.
    Thanks from Tedminator

  4. #24
    Member Gnostic Christian Bishop's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,042
    Thanks
    168

    From
    Canada
    Almost all of anything having to do with women has been taken out of scriptures.

    A misogynous Christianity would have it no other way.

    Regards
    DL

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,985
    Thanks
    15106

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    My personal favorite is Jesus Christ, Superstar. Beyond the music, I think it asks some relevant questions? Why didn't he wait until our current mass communication abilities? If it was pre-determined that Judas would betray him and Peter would deny him, how can they be blamed for their actions.

    The first time I saw a production of it, I actually went with some Jewish buds. One of them had invested in the production and we had great seats. With my buds, religion and money had something less than a direct connection. One of them asked me--Now who exactly was Mary Magdalene? I told them that she was a hooker that Jesus pickup. Their response was--are you serious? I said, I don't know for sure, that I wasn't there, but that's what I have been told. A bud suggested that if she was a hooker, wouldn't she know how to love him.
    Speaking of which; LToC has a great sountrack by Peter Gabriel..


  6. #26
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,199
    Thanks
    316

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Then stay on the wrong track.

    Regards
    DL
    So, does free will exist?

  7. #27
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,199
    Thanks
    316

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    The "betrayal" is the central device in the plot, to move the story along. It doesn't work otherwise.
    What doesn't work?

    If, for argument's sake, jesus was not crucified, and that he died at a ripe old age, does that make his theological and moral teachings wrong?

  8. #28
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,199
    Thanks
    316

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    There is, however, a long history of Xians having done so.
    Same can be said about jews persecuting other people, including christians.

  9. #29
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,199
    Thanks
    316

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Almost all of anything having to do with women has been taken out of scriptures.

    A misogynous Christianity would have it no other way.

    Regards
    DL
    Such ignorant nonsense.

    Where in the new testament are women treated as second-class citizens, hmmm? In biblical and talmudic times, women are second-class citizens -- by law. And still, it is christianity that is to blame.

    duh?

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,853
    Thanks
    9436

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    IOW. Your prick of a God created the circumstances where he would murder the innocent first born of Egypt.

    And you adore such a prick.

    Good for you.

    Regards
    DL
    Quit being a jerk.

    Seriously, go play outside, it's nice out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jesus Christ
    By Cotton2226 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 7th August 2016, 07:42 AM
  2. Would you believe in Christ and God if this happened to you?
    By Oberdan in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 5th March 2009, 06:08 PM
  3. Passion of the Christ
    By Zaragrunudgeyon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 8th June 2007, 09:18 PM
  4. If you do not believe in Christ, please do not read this.
    By Sicilianx91 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 1st May 2007, 05:33 PM
  5. Why cant I find Christ?
    By Terri321 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 18th March 2007, 10:20 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed