Members banned from this thread: aboutenough and Mister B


Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 197
Thanks Tree115Thanks

Thread: Pulse Shooting Survivor Claims He Is No Longer Gay Supports Event Former Homosexuals

  1. #31
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,390
    Thanks
    7407

    From
    10 years later
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The Intent of this thread is to show their is a cure for Homosexuality, its Jesus Christ.
    Jesus Christ had other things on his mind like, oh, I don't know, dying for your sins by being nailed to a cross.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,561
    Thanks
    4718

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    The Intent of this thread is to show their is a cure for Homosexuality, its Jesus Christ.
    Homosexuality isn't a disease or an ailment. So no cure for it is necessary. And believing in Jesus isn't going to make those "unwanted sexual attractions" go away either.

    They might refrain from acting on those impulses so as to conform to some religious principle or commandment. But they are still gay whether they want to pretend they aren't or not. So even if I were to accept your premise nothing is being "cured" anyway.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 2nd May 2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Thanks from DemoWhip, Friday13 and Ian Jeffrey

  3. #33
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,830
    Thanks
    3054

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    I was born left handed in a right handed world. I assure you that I didn't choose to be left handed. So how do I get Jesus to cure me and make me right handed.
    You need to be ambidextrous, meaning learn to use both hands equally.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,310
    Thanks
    8303

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    I am left handed as well. My Mom tried to "cure" me by putting socks on my left hand so I would not use it. Didn't work. I remember when people thought left handed people were special needs and they treated it like that, including teachers.
    My mother put socks on my hands to discourage other things.
    Thanks from HCProf, Friday13 and TheWahoo

  5. #35
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,830
    Thanks
    3054

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Homosexuality isn't a disease or an ailment. So no cure for it is necessary.
    Apparently this Pulse survivor thought it wasn't good for him and he changed. He feels better now.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,830
    Thanks
    3054

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by steezer View Post
    Jesus Christ had other things on his mind like, oh, I don't know, dying for your sins by being nailed to a cross.
    Absolutely right that's why the Pulse survivors prayers were answered

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,561
    Thanks
    4718

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Apparently this Pulse survivor thought it wasn't good for him and he changed. He feels better now.
    As I added in my last post Aboutenough, believing in Jesus isn't going to make those "unwanted sexual attractions" go away.

    He might refrain from acting on those impulses so as to conform to some religious principle or commandment. But he's still gay whether he wants to pretend he isn't or not. But hey, if adhering to the tenants of the Old Testament and refusing to act on his natural impulses makes him "feel better" then more power to him I suppose. I certainly don't object to an individual perusing the kind of lifestyle they want for themselves.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,830
    Thanks
    3054

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    There is not cure for being gay because it is not something that can be "cured". I only wish I could look in the mirror and denounce my age. LOL It would go like this: "I am 25 and sticking to it"
    Apparently the Pulse Survivor disregarded those words and was cured. I find it interesting the article claims he can't do that because its against science. Never have seen science prove a person is Gay yet, let alone prove a Gay person can be straight again.

  9. #39
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,830
    Thanks
    3054

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    As I added in my last post Aboutenough, believing in Jesus isn't going to make those "unwanted sexual attractions" go away.

    He might refrain from acting on those impulses so as to conform to some religious principle or commandment. But he's still gay whether he wants to pretend he isn't or not. But hey, if adhering to the tenants of the Old Testament and refusing to act on his natural impulses makes him "feel better" then more power to him I suppose. I certainly don't object to an individual perusing the kind of lifestyle they want for themselves.
    He felt those sexual desires with other men was perverted, so he changed. I have a friend that did this ten years ago, so its no uncommon.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25,098
    Thanks
    24167

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You need to be ambidextrous, meaning learn to use both hands equally.
    So you recommend bisexuality. It certainly doubles your chance of a date.
    Thanks from BDBoop and Blueneck

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. San Bernardino survivor caught up in Vegas shooting
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th October 2017, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 4th May 2017, 09:53 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th November 2016, 03:38 PM
  4. Boston Bombing Survivors Visit Pulse Shooting Victims
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th June 2016, 03:44 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th June 2016, 08:40 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed