Members banned from this thread: ptif219 and bmanmcfly


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 123
Thanks Tree97Thanks

Thread: Just a few of the many reasons I know there is no god

  1. #61
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,451
    Thanks
    3181

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Link please.
    http://noosphere.princeton.edu/measurement.html

    I chose this one because it's related to Princeton. There are a lot of similar studies that have been made, but often they are dismissed as "woo woo"...

    This isnt like if people are thinking the random number generator will go all 1 way.

    When each pick is a 0 or 1, a string of 1000's of numbers will average out roughly 50-50 say +/- 5% type of thing... the results were small, + 10-15% one way or the other which makes it the small but since it's repeatable, it's a statistically significant result.

  2. #62
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,510
    Thanks
    31246

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You mean to be a pompous, arrogant, egotistical, elitist that belongs to an antisemitic political party?
    Since I am none of those things, you are just making things up again.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I have yet to see a single solitary fruit of the spirit in your posts. Not one. Not ever.

    As a non-believer you know nothing about the Spirit or me

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...5&version=NKJV

    1 Corinthians 2:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

    14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    The Drs best answer is "spontaneous remission" in those cases.

    It goes along with; often people winning the lottery wind up losing it all and then some. The money becomes more something of a test than a gift.

    Though, I didn't die in any sense, I was in a coma from a brain infection. In the coma I talked to a presence that I would call a guardian Angel, it told me that it was most important to remember that everything works out in the end.

    And as I said the last time, that advice has served me through a few points of desperation... I try to tell my wife That, she thinks it's hippie crap, and she got laid off from a not very good job, through her unemployment time I reminded her that everything was going to work itself just fine. She had 3 weeks left on EI when she got a phone call from a former boss asking if she was looking for work.

    It works the opposite way too, a guy who was a womanizer, now has to pay for 1 child he never sees, and last I talked to him a second on the way when he never held a job for more than a year.

    Even when he did have a job 60% was called for before the check was cashed.

    So, I mean whether it's simplifying things to a 10 commandments, or the don't be an asshole policy, things tend to work out better than the people that will double cross.

    That hurts you in ways you don't think, always wondering who now hates You, thinking everyone else is looking to get that edge on you...

    These are the subtle ways in which God acts. It's not just pray it away, it's more pray for calm but prepare for the storm.
    Pray for God's will because God answers prayer sometimes it is not the answer we want

  5. #65
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Since I am none of those things, you are just making things up again.
    You are so wrong

  6. #66
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,510
    Thanks
    31246

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You are so wrong
    Not at all. You merely define yourself with that terminology. In any case, you are driving the thread off-topic for no other reason than to assert your own self-righteousness - as you always do.
    Thanks from Friday13, NightSwimmer and Babba

  7. #67
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,059
    Thanks
    4355

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Not at all. You merely define yourself with that terminology. In any case, you are driving the thread off-topic for no other reason than to assert your own self-righteousness - as you always do.
    More lies and trolling since you started this

  8. #68
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,510
    Thanks
    31246

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More lies and trolling since you started this
    You started in with the same trolling and irrelevant nonsense you always do.
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #69
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,109
    Thanks
    17867

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Yes, better. It is an evidence-based approach that is not dependent on the behavior of people. Behavior of people indicates nothing about G-d.


    That would not make sense. But that behavior says nothing about the existence or nonexistence of G-d.


    We cannot know what "thoughts" accomplish, except insofar as human thoughts have not yet accomplished what those people want accomplished. We cannot know what "prayers" accomplish, because no one can know the mind of G-d (even assuming He exists). When you say they "accomplish nothing," you are really saying that what you wish done is not accomplished. That is reflective of human will (or lack of it) and is not related to G-d.

  10. #70
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,109
    Thanks
    17867

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Christian Scientists do not pray to ask for things. They pray to be more in tune with God and their spiritual self. I think that is cool. I try not to ask for things, but sometimes I do. I feel guilty when others are praying to live or to get food to eat, and my asks are trivial by comparison. Asking for my mother to live was probably the only legit ask I have ever made. A woman who oozed the love and teachings of Christ everyday with everyone.
    Thanks from Babba

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Reasons Why I Voted
    By RJohnson in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 28th March 2016, 07:22 AM
  2. 50 Reasons
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 15th December 2013, 08:04 AM
  3. So ,This Is One Of The Reasons
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 6th May 2013, 08:42 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed