Members banned from this thread: 5 stringer


Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 261
Thanks Tree71Thanks

Thread: Christian Victory Catalog

  1. #121
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    95,469
    Thanks
    73065

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Probably to you, I can change my mind in an instant. Sound familiar?
    Yes. You've always gone whichever way the wind blows.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  2. #122
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,316
    Thanks
    32590

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    See, my prediction came true once again.
    It is hardly my fault that you are wrong, and continue to demonstrate you are wrong. You have no evidence for the position that I have ever thought Hillary Clinton was "a great Democrat." You made that up to begin with as a straw man to knock down. So not only are you making things up, but you are lying as well. Business as usual for you.

  3. #123
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,736
    Thanks
    2907

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The Christian president want to enable emergency conditions to get those coal producing Christians back to work !
    Now, new workers can get black lung.
    Those Christians are Winners !
    Hate is deep with this one...

  4. #124
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    5236

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    No, just Christians winning cases, no paranoia at all, just more victories.
    You say Christians are being persecuted (concept A) and are winning court cases (concept B). That is a Self-Refuting Idea because concept B refutes concept A and concept B is contingent on concept A. If Christians were being persecuted, they wouldnít be winning court cases.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and boontito

  5. #125
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    5236

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Hate is deep with this one...
    One’s emotions are not germane to his or her argument’s merits. If a hateful person said Winston Churchill was Prime Minister of England during World War 2, he or she would still be right.

  6. #126
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    5236

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Coming for the guy that never thinks he is wrong LOLOL. Classic nonsense
    When did Ian say he was never wrong?

  7. #127
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    5236

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I expect Boon's thread to end because the purpose of it is to mock Christians as though they are never being attacked.
    This is a Strawman fallacy. Boonieís thread isnít making fun of actual persecution. Itís making fun of the Christian Right who falsely believe they are being persecuted. You are the quintessential one.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    This thread needed to be started to show they have been attacked and they are fighting back and winning cases now.
    As I explained to you, this is a Self-Refuting Idea. Persecution is a synonym for harassment. Itís where someone does something to you that you donít like, you ask them to stop and they keep doing it. If Christians are winning court cases in these instances you write of, then they are not being persecuted. Instead, a statist is penalizing someone for allegedly wronging a Christian, which is the antithesis of persecution.

    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  8. #128
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,755
    Thanks
    3051

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    You say Christians are being persecuted (concept A) and are winning court cases (concept B). That is a Self-Refuting Idea because concept B refutes concept A and concept B is contingent on concept A. If Christians were being persecuted, they wouldnít be winning court cases.
    This thread is simply showing the victories Christians are having in court cases. The other thread is available for those to whine about those victories

  9. #129
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,755
    Thanks
    3051

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    This is a Strawman fallacy. Boonie’s thread isn’t making fun of actual persecution. It’s making fun of the Christian Right who falsely believe they are being persecuted. You are the quintessential one.



    As I explained to you, this is a Self-Refuting Idea. Persecution is a synonym for harassment. It’s where someone does something to you that you don’t like, you ask them to stop and they keep doing it. If Christians are winning court cases in these instances you write of, then they are not being persecuted. Instead, a statist is penalizing someone for allegedly wronging a Christian, which is the antithesis of persecution.

    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea
    Why did Jack Phillips win his case? Religious harassment by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission. Go ahead, ignore that fact, it won his case

  10. #130
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,755
    Thanks
    3051

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    When did Ian say he was never wrong?
    Actions

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Christian Persecution Catalog
    By boontito in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 4206
    Last Post: Today, 10:11 AM
  2. Let's Catalog President Trump's Whining!
    By boontito in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 25th July 2017, 05:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1476
    Last Post: 7th June 2017, 09:39 AM
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 21st October 2014, 01:48 PM
  5. The Gay Persecution Catalog:
    By Rorschach in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th April 2014, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed