Members banned from this thread: 5 stringer


Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 383
Thanks Tree82Thanks

Thread: Christian Victory Catalog

  1. #131
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanks
    316

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    This is a Strawman fallacy. Boonieís thread isnít making fun of actual persecution. Itís making fun of the Christian Right who falsely believe they are being persecuted. You are the quintessential one.

    As I explained to you, this is a Self-Refuting Idea. Persecution is a synonym for harassment. Itís where someone does something to you that you donít like, you ask them to stop and they keep doing it. If Christians are winning court cases in these instances you write of, then they are not being persecuted. Instead, a statist is penalizing someone for allegedly wronging a Christian, which is the antithesis of persecution.

    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Self-refuting_idea
    A quarter of a billion christians are being persecuted (sometimes violently) in predominantly muslim nations -- and north korea (which is predominantly atheist-communists). Granted that christians are not persecuted where you are currently typing this, do you not feel ashamed that you make light of christian persecution in a post that is read world-wide?

    But forget about personal shame. The fact that I need to point it out indicates that you have none.

    Does the fact that the jewish state of israel is one of the most powerful nation in the middle east and is being supported primarily by the most powerful christian (by population) nation of the world indicate that christians are naturally anti-semites?

    What is the extent of contempt required for the idiot that says this, hmmmm?
    Last edited by kingrat; 12th July 2018 at 06:46 AM.

  2. #132
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,857
    Thanks
    3058

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    It is hardly my fault that you are wrong, and continue to demonstrate you are wrong. You have no evidence for the position that I have ever thought Hillary Clinton was "a great Democrat." You made that up to begin with as a straw man to knock down. So not only are you making things up, but you are lying as well. Business as usual for you.
    Whom did you vote for in 2016? I rest my case

  3. #133
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,902
    Thanks
    32902

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Actions
    All you have are words, and none of them support your claim. You are lying and trolling (and attempting telepathy).

  4. #134
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,902
    Thanks
    32902

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Whom did you vote for in 2016? I rest my case
    You have no case. I have never said what you claim I said, and you have no evidence that I did. You are trying justify in retrospect yet another ill-written claim that you cannot back up with actual evidence.

    You are liar and a troll, and possibly - due to your autistic-style repetition of this same behavior - either possess a borderline personality disorder, or are just borderline insane.
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  5. #135
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,902
    Thanks
    32902

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    A quarter of a billion christians are being persecuted (sometimes violently) in predominantly muslim nations -- and north korea (which is predominantly atheist-communists).
    And the United States is not any of those countries.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    ... do you not feel ashamed that you make light of christian persecution in a post that is read world-wide?
    He does no such thing. He makes light of false claims of persecution.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Does the fact that the jewish state of israel is one of the most powerful nation in the middle east and is being supported primarily by the most powerful christian (by population) nation of the world indicate that christians are naturally anti-semites?

    What is the extent of contempt required for the idiot that says this, hmmmm?
    What are you talking about? Nothing you just wrote in this quote has anything to do with this thread.

  6. #136
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,857
    Thanks
    3058

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    All you have are words, and none of them support your claim. You are lying and trolling (and attempting telepathy).
    I see actions and they are way louder then words

  7. #137
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,857
    Thanks
    3058

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    You have no case. I have never said what you claim I said, and you have no evidence that I did. You are trying justify in retrospect yet another ill-written claim that you cannot back up with actual evidence.

    You are liar and a troll, and possibly - due to your autistic-style repetition of this same behavior - either possess a borderline personality disorder, or are just borderline insane.
    Liberals voted for Hillary even after Bernie departed. Either that or you are a Jill Stein (who’s that) supporter

  8. #138
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,902
    Thanks
    32902

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I see actions and they are way louder then words
    Now you claim clairvoyance in addition to telepathy.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Liberals voted for Hillary even after Bernie departed. Either that or you are a Jill Stein (who’s that) supporter
    And now you are changing the subject.

    As to both, quit lying and trolling.

  9. #139
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,857
    Thanks
    3058

    From
    Washington state
    I want to thank Liberals for teaching Christian lawyers how to win cases.
    Conservative Christians have significantly altered the way in which they engage in many culture war issues. The most current Supreme Court term epitomizes this fundamental shift: More and more often, conservative Christians are pitching arguments built on liberal legal doctrines — especially First Amendment precedents that emphasize broad individual rights.

    They are likely feeling some vindication. The court sided with conservative Christians today in National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra in supporting the free speech rights of anti-abortion clinics, and earlier in the term in supporting religious freedom (it also declined to hear a challenge to a restrictive abortion law in Arkansas).

    Today the court also decided in the conservatives’ favor in the Muslim travel ban case, Trump v. Hawaii — but the politics of this case may expose a glaring weakness in the right’s shift toward rights.

    In the previous generations’ culture wars, conservatives primarily emphasized common morality and maintaining order; liberals emphasized rights and equality. The right warned about too much “rights talk” and sought to protect the ability of religious conservatives to make religiously informed arguments about public morality.
    Now the right has joined the left in employing expansive individual rights claims, and it has sought to make its public and legal discourse free of religious talk. More than ever, conservative Christians now engage in politics on the terms of liberalism.

    This transition has played out very clearly in multiple cases this past year. In two cases, conservative Christian advocates leveraged the “compelled speech doctrine” to argue that government regulations that force their clients to engage in speech against their wishes were unconstitutional. Both cases were argued by the organization Alliance Defending Freedom, but they were supported at various stages by other evangelical and Catholic organizations.

    The most prominent of these two cases was Masterpiece Cakeshop, which argued that state nondiscrimination provisions requiring a cake baker to create a custom cake for a same-sex wedding forced the baker to produce artistic expression with which he disagreed. The second was the Becerra case, which dealt with a California law requiring anti-abortion crisis pregnancy centers to post a notice about the availability of state-funded, low-cost abortions and whether medical care is provided at the center, or to include disclaimers about their services if no medical care is provided. The centers argue that the law violates their First Amendment rights, and the court agreed in a 5-4 decision.https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/o...hristians.html
    Since courts don't uphold religious rights, they have gone at this like Liberals do. Concentrate on free speech and win cases.
    Last edited by aboutenough; 12th July 2018 at 05:19 PM.

  10. #140
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,857
    Thanks
    3058

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Now you claim clairvoyance in addition to telepathy.


    And now you are changing the subject.

    As to both, quit lying and trolling.
    I know one thing, you didn't support Trump. I know another thing, you are a liberal. i know another thing, there was only one option for the Democrat nominee and that was Hillary Clinton, unless you went with the Green Party and voted for Jill Stein like Michael J did ( I thanked him for that because that got Trump elected)

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Christian Persecution Catalog
    By boontito in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 4206
    Last Post: 15th July 2018, 10:11 AM
  2. Let's Catalog President Trump's Whining!
    By boontito in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 25th July 2017, 05:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1476
    Last Post: 7th June 2017, 09:39 AM
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 21st October 2014, 01:48 PM
  5. The Gay Persecution Catalog:
    By Rorschach in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th April 2014, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed