Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113

Thread: A question for the Atheist

  1. #1
    BFSmith764

    A question for the Atheist

    If there is not God, then how did matter came into existence? How did matter came about for there to be a big bang?

  2. #2
    Morpheus

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by BFSmith764 View Post
    If there is not God, then how did matter came into existence? How did matter came about for there to be a big bang?
    Science hasn't figured it out yet. You're right as I understand it the big bang presupposes matter existed before the bang. Science still doesn't know everything (like your God does lol), but hopefully it will know close to everything one day.

  3. #3
    BFSmith764

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Science hasn't figured it out yet. You're right as I understand it the big bang presupposes matter existed before the bang. Science still doesn't know everything (like your God does lol), but hopefully it will know close to everything one day.
    It is sort of like a police coming upon a situation, where someone was murdered, but there two eye witnesses, but the police refuse to believe those who saw what happened, even though they are credible and upstanding citizens in the community.

    Detectives are then brought in to gather evidence; the evidence confirms what the eye witnesses said, but like the police officers they too refuse to believe the evidence.


    Since they refuse to listen to the only people that saw it, and reject the evidence found, they will never know what happened.

    This is the same situation that many scientists find themselves in.

  4. #4
    Morpheus

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by BFSmith764 View Post
    It is sort of like a police coming upon a situation, where someone was murdered, but there two eye witnesses, but the police refuse to believe those who saw what happened, even though they are credible and upstanding citizens in the community.

    Detectives are then brought in to gather evidence; the evidence confirms what the eye witnesses said, but like the police officers they too refuse to believe the evidence.


    Since they refuse to listen to the only people that saw it, and reject the evidence found, they will never know what happened.

    This is the same situation that many scientists find themselves in.
    I don't get it, the universe is billions of years old. No one was alive to witness its beginning.

  5. #5
    BFSmith764

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I don't get it, the universe is billions of years old. No one was alive to witness its beginning.

    God is His own eye witness and the inspired men and women whose experiences were recorded in the pages of the Bible have testified to us that the creator reviled Himself to them as the only God, who created all things. That Book also tells us that creation proves that the God of the Bible exist.


    Have you ever seen a car, a computer or a house making itself? The brain is far more complex that even the most powerful computer. I wonder what would people think of me if I genuinely believe and insist that the computer does not have an intelligent designer behind it? Have you ever seen something totally devoid of life reproducing life? Can a dead tree produce fruits? Does nature teach you that you can produce something from nothing? Where do we see in the universe nothing producing something? These are a few questions that the Atheist need to ask and answer for themselves when dealing with this issue. Creation proves that God exist, the same way technology proves that a designer behind what was made.

  6. #6
    johnflesh

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I don't get it, the universe is billions of years old. No one was alive to witness its beginning.
    Check this out.

    The universe is expanding continuously. If you look out to the edge of this expansion, as it is moving away from the center of the universe (not earth) you can see just what it is that created our universe.

    We are currently erecting new ways to view this 'edge.'

  7. #7
    BFSmith764

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by johnflesh View Post
    Check this out.

    The universe is expanding continuously. If you look out to the edge of this expansion, as it is moving away from the center of the universe (not earth) you can see just what it is that created our universe.

    We are currently erecting new ways to view this 'edge.'
    And what is it that you see?

  8. #8
    Morpheus

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by BFSmith764 View Post
    God is His own eye witness and the inspired men and women whose experiences were recorded in the pages of the Bible have testified to us that the creator reviled Himself to them as the only God, who created all things. That Book also tells us that creation proves that the God of the Bible exist.


    Why should I believe the Bible? Jesus was never referenced by a historian, and he is allegorical for the Sun. If you worship Jesus, you unknowingly worship the Sun...


    Have you ever seen a car, a computer or a house making itself? The brain is far more complex that even the most powerful computer. I wonder what would people think of me if I genuinely believe and insist that the computer does not have an intelligent designer behind it? Have you ever seen something totally devoid of life reproducing life? Can a dead tree produce fruits? Does nature teach you that you can produce something from nothing? Where do we see in the universe nothing producing something? These are a few questions that the Atheist need to ask and answer for themselves when dealing with this issue. Creation proves that God exist, the same way technology proves that a designer behind what was made.
    It was a progression, life started from a single cell organism, and advanced from there. You make it sound like humans came from nothing. We came from more simplistic lifeforms that preceded us...

  9. #9
    Morpheus

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by johnflesh View Post
    Check this out.

    The universe is expanding continuously. If you look out to the edge of this expansion, as it is moving away from the center of the universe (not earth) you can see just what it is that created our universe.

    We are currently erecting new ways to view this 'edge.'
    That is interesting, I won't be surprised if it still doesn't answer for us, how the universe truly began.

  10. #10
    TenGig

    Re: A question for the Atheist

    Quote Originally Posted by BFSmith764 View Post
    If there is not God, then how did matter came into existence? How did matter came about for there to be a big bang?
    Matter can come from energy. We don't know where energy came from, or if it has always existed.

    Where did God come from?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Would you pray for an atheist
    By Zaragunudgeyon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 4th December 2010, 07:08 AM
  2. Everyone Is An Atheist
    By TortoiseDream in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd July 2010, 12:33 PM
  3. Agnostic vs Atheist
    By saveus in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 5th April 2008, 07:54 AM
  4. Theist VS Atheist
    By Bishop in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 14th February 2007, 09:51 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed