Members banned from this thread: Rorschach and Rzhayutik


Page 350 of 359 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3582
Thanks Tree1467Thanks

Thread: The Christian Persecution Catalog

  1. #3491
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,787
    Thanks
    2768

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Biden obsesses about polygamy and pedophilia like you do?
    He may. Democrats need a new policy that can start this train going again. It's like they are lost with no vision. This is why I suggested Polygamy or Pedophillia , they could use your parties help in being the next Gay or Abortion rights.

  2. #3492
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,787
    Thanks
    2768

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    That doesn't mean Christians are disadvantaged under gays. Christian schools probably make more than $135,000.00 every month, and you're complaining that gays won a small amount of hefty settlements when Christians discriminated against them. I'm sure Joel Osteen, the Trinity Broadcasting Network and the rest of Christian mass media make at least 10 times that much.



    No gay sued a Christian for not being gay.



    Gays are still a small minority of the American population, and the ones with common decency are entitled to respect. Christians still make up a majority of America's population.



    Nope, it's still perfectly legal for Christians to choose not to be gay for religious purposes, and it more than likely will still be in another ten years.
    I was sued for not being Gay, so I proclaimed i was gay and the judge cheered. Just kidding. You just made the most asinine statement I've every heard

  3. #3493
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,118
    Thanks
    4724

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I was sued for not being Gay, so I proclaimed i was gay and the judge cheered. Just kidding. You just made the most asinine statement I've every heard
    You just made another asinine Argument by Assertion:

    Premise 1: You just made the most asinine statement I've every heard.
    Premise 2: You just made the most asinine statement I've ever heard.
    Premise 3: You just made the most asinine statement I've ever heard.
    -------
    Conclusion: You just made the most asinine statement I've ever heard.

    If you had a dime for every time you make logical fallacies, you'd be richer than Bill Gates.

    The same goes for the number of times you change the subject when I or anyone else catch you lying.
    Last edited by Michael J; 2nd August 2017 at 04:40 PM.

  4. #3494
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,787
    Thanks
    2768

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    You just made another asinine Argument by Assertion:

    Premise 1: You just made the most asinine statement I've every heard.
    Premise 2: You just made the most asinine statement I've ever heard.
    Premise 3: You just made the most asinine statement I've ever heard.
    -------
    Conclusion: You just made the most asinine statement I've ever heard.

    If you had a dime for every time you make logical fallacies, you'd be richer than Bill Gates.

    The same goes for the number of times you change the subject when I or anyone else caught you lying.
    "No, it's still legal to not be gay", is one for the next dumb and dumber movie.

  5. #3495
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,118
    Thanks
    4724

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    "No, it's still legal to not be gay", is one for the next dumb and dumber movie.
    No, the next Dumb and Dumber (titles are supposed to be capitalized) movie will be about this Christian Persecution Complex thread and your inability to understand your own words.

    You said Christian beliefs are going to be criminalized over the next decade. Christians choose not to be gay because their religion tells them not to be gay. So if Christian beliefs are to be criminalized, it follows that Christians won't be allowed to choose not to be gay.

  6. #3496
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49,110
    Thanks
    23132

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    ... it follows that Christians won't be allowed to choose not to be gay.
    I would be surprised if he did not believe that.
    Thanks from Michael J

  7. #3497
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,118
    Thanks
    4724

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    I would be surprised if he did not believe that.
    I would be surprised, too. He makes the same Texas Sharpshooter fallacies where he selectively grabs handfuls of data that confirm his whackadoodle prejudices and paranoid, asinine conclusions and conducts research around them. So it's no surprise that he thinks the state will somehow force Christians to be gay.

    Have you ever noticed something about those New World Order conspiracies? It's always the same malevolent end. It's only the actors that change. First the conspiracy theorists were saying that about the Jews. Then they were saying that about the communists. Now most of them are saying that about the Illuminati and the Masons.

    But to make everything weirder and weirder, now Sparky up there thinks it's the gays and the atheists. Look up in the sky, Ian. See those black helicopters? The Masons and the Illuminati aren't flying them. The gays and the atheists are.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  8. #3498
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,787
    Thanks
    2768

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    No, the next Dumb and Dumber (titles are supposed to be capitalized) movie will be about this Christian Persecution Complex thread and your inability to understand your own words.

    You said Christian beliefs are going to be criminalized over the next decade. Christians choose not to be gay because their religion tells them not to be gay. So if Christian beliefs are to be criminalized, it follows that Christians won't be allowed to choose not to be gay.
    Making Christians a hate group has already been attempted ABC, NBC under fire after smearing Christian organization as a ?hate group? | Fox News

  9. #3499
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49,110
    Thanks
    23132

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Making Christians a hate group has already been attempted.
    Your link does not support that thesis. Aside from the fact that the link is to an opinion, the misnamed ADF bills itself as a religious freedom group, not a Xian organization. But even if that is what it really is, it does nothing to establish that anyone is trying to make "Xians" - i.e., all of them - a hate group, and the SPLC has done no such thing, either. You are making things up. Again.

  10. #3500
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,118
    Thanks
    4724

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Making Christians a hate group has already been attempted ABC, NBC under fire after smearing Christian organization as a ?hate group? | Fox News
    LOL! That whole link is just a bunch of sadistic trash talking. Do you know a single thing about the Southern Poverty Law Center? Thank them for putting the Ku Klux Klan in their place back in the 70's and 80's.

    Your error in reasoning in this case is an Association fallacy. Just because that organization were to be labeled as a hate group, therefore all Christians are to be labeled as a hate group. That's like saying "Martin Luther King was a Baptist. Martin Luther King was a civil rights leader. Therefore, all Baptists are civil rights leaders."

    Association fallacy - RationalWiki

    You also make a Strawman fallacy where you misrepresent the information. See Ian's post 3,499.

    Do you remember what I explained to you about your Texas Sharpshooter fallacies? Your arguments go like this:

    1) Start with an Argument by Assertion: Christians are being persecuted.
    2) Gather up random data and pretend that it supports your "hypothesis."
    3) Ignore information that proves atheists have never once violated the Establishment Clause nor prevented free religious expression in the private sector nor persecuted any Christians.
    4) Conclude with your original Argument by Assertion.
    Last edited by Michael J; 13th August 2017 at 09:51 PM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed