Members banned from this thread: aboutenough, Rorschach and Rzhayutik


Page 419 of 421 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421 LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4207
Thanks Tree1751Thanks

Thread: The Christian Persecution Catalog

  1. #4181
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Thanks
    312

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    They make the same Availability Errors where they look at instances where a Christian was mistreated somewhere millions of miles away and think “oh, it is happening in other parts of the world so it must be happening here in the U.S.”
    I'm sorry that you need to bring up some obscure statistical principle to hide bald-faced hypocrisy. Your friend ian loves to bring up chrisitian persecution of jews in europe from as far back as the dark ages up to the holocaust and yet I have never seen you accuse him of availability error, now, have you?

  2. #4182
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Thanks
    312

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    No. The thread is making fun of false claims of persecution.
    Which you have actively participated in for the last 418 pages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Only by those who believe it is persecution to be denied political power over people not sharing your religious beliefs. That is not me, but rather the people falsely claiming persecution in order to gain power, sympathy and adherents.
    The person you are directing this argument at is already banned from this thread. Nobody is even arguing that point -- and still you have persisted in your ridicule.

    From somebody claiming christian persecution of jews in europe during the dark ages every chance he gets, do you think jews are still being persecuted in the us? Kinda fits that description, now, does it?

    Unmitigated hypocrisy.

  3. #4183
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,316
    Thanks
    32590

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Which you have actively participated in for the last 418 pages.
    Yes, I have actively participated in making fun of false claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    From somebody claiming christian persecution of jews in europe during the dark ages every chance he gets, do you think jews are still being persecuted in the us?
    What are you even talking about? Your question has no relevance to this thread, or any other discussion going on. Seems to me you are just irritated that some of us choose to call out false claims of persecution of Xians, which apparently happen quite a lot around here. You should see the stuff we miss ... just can't catch all of it.
    Thanks from boontito

  4. #4184
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Thanks
    312

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Yes, I have actively participated in making fun of false claims.
    But it is not a false claim. Christians are indeed being persecuted violently around the world. In this forum alone, christians are ridiculed for their beliefs. You might make an irrelevant legalese exposition on american jurisprudence by way of response, but it is a form of persecution nonetheless.

    Or do you want to argue the meaning of persecution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    What are you even talking about? Your question has no relevance to this thread, or any other discussion going on.
    You don't see the relevance? I am questioning your motives here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Seems to me you are just irritated that some of us choose to call out false claims of persecution of Xians, which apparently happen quite a lot around here. You should see the stuff we miss ... just can't catch all of it.
    When one ridicules christians this way in the public domain when a quarter of a billion christians are currently experiencing violent discrimination, one naturally questions the motive behind the ridicule.

    It is a question of common decency.

    Is that clear enough for you?

  5. #4185
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    95,469
    Thanks
    73065

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    But it is not a false claim. Christians are indeed being persecuted violently around the world. In this forum alone, christians are ridiculed for their beliefs. You might make an irrelevant legalese exposition on american jurisprudence by way of response, but it is a form of persecution nonetheless.

    Or do you want to argue the meaning of persecution?



    You don't see the relevance? I am questioning your motives here.



    When one ridicules christians this way in the public domain when a quarter of a billion christians are currently experiencing violent discrimination, one naturally questions the motive behind the ridicule.

    It is a question of common decency.

    Is that clear enough for you?
    Which is the exact purpose of this thread. There are legitimate cases of Christian persecution around the world that people should take seriously. There are also trumped-up nonsense claims by people who just want to portray themselves as victims or whine that they don't have more of a say than they should. The latter is worthy of being made fun of.

    In fact, the false claims of persecution undercut the legitimate claims. Which is a shame. The professional victims though don't care that they detract from cases of actual persecution. Because their game is not caring about that sort of thing. Their game is trying to gain people's undue sympathy or expanding their influence and power over those they see as having competing beliefs.

    When one blindly defends false claims of persecution this way in the public domain while there are actual examples of persecution going on around the world, not only of Christians but of those of all beliefs, one naturally has to question the motives.

    You're right, it is a question of common decency.

    Is that clear enough for you?
    Last edited by boontito; 13th July 2018 at 02:15 AM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Dangermouse

  6. #4186
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,316
    Thanks
    32590

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    But it is not a false claim.
    There is real persecution going on. Not every claim of persecution is valid. There are false claims of persecution, and it is those this thread makes fun of.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    Christians are indeed being persecuted violently around the world.
    Such actual persecutions are not the subject of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    You don't see the relevance? I am questioning your motives here.
    Yes, I know. You came into this thread for the purpose of making a personal attack. That is your motive.

    Also, see boontito's above response to your post.

  7. #4187
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Thanks
    312

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Which is the exact purpose of this thread. There are legitimate cases of Christian persecution around the world that people should take seriously. There are also trumped-up nonsense claims by people who just want to portray themselves as victims or whine that they don't have more of a say than they should. The latter is worthy of being made fun of.
    per·se·cu·tion
    ˌpərsəˈkyo͞oSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs.
    "her family fled religious persecution"
    synonyms: oppression, victimization, maltreatment, ill-treatment, mistreatment, abuse, ill-usage, discrimination, tyranny; More

    persistent annoyance or harassment.
    "his persecution at the hands of other students"

    How exactly can you call it a false claim when you yourself admit to indulging in persecution, hmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    In fact, the false claims of persecution undercut the legitimate claims. Which is a shame. The professional victims though don't care that they detract from cases of actual persecution. Because their game is not caring about that sort of thing. Their game is trying to gain people's undue sympathy or expanding their influence and power over those they see as having competing beliefs.
    Again, you admit to persecuting christians (by making fun of them) and assert that such a persecution is a false claim -- in the same breath. How does that go exactly, hmmm?

    duh?

    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    When one blindly defends false claims of persecution this way in the public domain while there are actual examples of persecution going on around the world, not only of Christians but of those of all beliefs, one naturally has to question the motives.
    Your hypocrisy is astounding.

    If the falseness of the claim is your point, then by all means -- argue its falseness. In fact, there is no more argument to be made since the person you are arguing with was already banned from this thread. But the ridicule goes on -- sans any argument.

    And now, you have the temerity to accuse me of being blind? By your own admission, you are making fun of christians who feel they are being harassed and ridiculed. Do you think that just because you hide behind freedom of speech makes your ridicule any less of a harassment???

    Here:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighti...#United_States

    There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any Constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting" words--those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

    — Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 1942[3]

    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    You're right, it is a question of common decency.

    Is that clear enough for you?
    Yes, it is quite clear to me that you and your cohorts lack common decency.

  8. #4188
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,162
    Thanks
    312

    From
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    There is real persecution going on. Not every claim of persecution is valid. There are false claims of persecution, and it is those this thread makes fun of.
    And you do not think that your ridicule is a form of persecution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Such actual persecutions are not the subject of this thread.
    Oh, I see.

    This thread is about persecution except that sort you and your cohorts are engaging in.

    duh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Yes, I know. You came into this thread for the purpose of making a personal attack. That is your motive.

    Also, see boontito's above response to your post.
    But of course. You and your cohorts are the ones engaging in ridicule for the past 418 pages and it is my motive that is in question.

    When was the last time you made an actual argument against a false claim, hmmm?

    When you post something without an argument against a false claim, can your really assert that your purpose for posting is to argue against false claims?

    Uhmmm....duh?

  9. #4189
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    95,469
    Thanks
    73065

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
    per·se·cu·tion
    ˌpərsəˈkyo͞oSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs.
    "her family fled religious persecution"
    synonyms: oppression, victimization, maltreatment, ill-treatment, mistreatment, abuse, ill-usage, discrimination, tyranny; More

    persistent annoyance or harassment.
    "his persecution at the hands of other students"

    How exactly can you call it a false claim when you yourself admit to indulging in persecution, hmmmm?



    Again, you admit to persecuting christians (by making fun of them) and assert that such a persecution is a false claim -- in the same breath. How does that go exactly, hmmm?

    duh?



    Your hypocrisy is astounding.

    If the falseness of the claim is your point, then by all means -- argue its falseness. In fact, there is no more argument to be made since the person you are arguing with was already banned from this thread. But the ridicule goes on -- sans any argument.

    And now, you have the temerity to accuse me of being blind? By your own admission, you are making fun of christians who feel they are being harassed and ridiculed. Do you think that just because you hide behind freedom of speech makes your ridicule any less of a harassment???

    Here:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighti...#United_States

    There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any Constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting" words--those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

    — Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 1942[3]



    Yes, it is quite clear to me that you and your cohorts lack common decency.
    How can you object to being made fun of when you yourself indulge in falsely claiming persecution?
    Thanks from OldGaffer and Ian Jeffrey

  10. #4190
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    95,469
    Thanks
    73065

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    LOL... Ridicule of non-persecution is not persecution.

    Some people need to portray themselves as helpless victims so badly that they'll go out of their way to actually prove the point of this thread they object to correct.
    Thanks from Dangermouse and Ian Jeffrey

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed