Members banned from this thread: sec


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
Thanks Tree36Thanks

Thread: The New Witch Hunt-From Salem 1692 to the Hysteria Over Gay Rights and Marriage Today

  1. #11
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    63,175
    Thanks
    43497

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    More homosexual victimization. This is getting old.
    Yes. It will continue to be pointed out until it's no longer a problem.

  2. #12
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40,580
    Thanks
    35388

    From
    Inky's Playhouse
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressivePatriot View Post
    The New witch Hunt is Real!

    Cruz, Huckabee And Jindal Will Join Pastor Who Wants Gays Put To Death
    Submitted by Brian Tashman on Thursday, 10/29/2015 12:40 pm

    The organizer of the “National Religious Liberties Conference” in Des Moines, Iowa, announced today that Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal have committed to speaking at the summit, which will take place next month. One speaker at the conference, Iowa radio host Steve Deace, has said that Ben Carson has also RSVP’d for the event, although Carson’s name was not included in today’s press release.

    Kevin Swanson, the conference’s chief organizer, is a far-right pastor and host of the “Generations Radio” program, on which he has frequently claimed that the government should put gay people to death, warned that the Girl Scouts and the movie “Frozen” turn girls into lesbians and blamed natural disasters on gay people and women who wear pants.

    - See more at: Cruz, Huckabee And Jindal Will Join Pastor Who Wants Gays Put To Death | Right Wing Watch
    I read that earlier, quite worrisome.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    29,339
    Thanks
    25045

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    More homosexual victimization. This is getting old.
    How is it victimization to recognize the perpetrators.

    That doesn't make sense. That would only make sense if gay folk live a discriminated free life here in America. Are you claiming that?

    Are you claiming that is is not lawful for a homosexual person or couple to be discriminated against in employment and housing without any legal recourse? Is that a phantom 'victimization' you claim they do not endure?

    denying reality is not a good life practice.
    Thanks from BDBoop

  4. #14
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    51,700
    Thanks
    9472

    From
    By the wall
    If you are discriminated against because of your race or sex that is something out of the persons control and very serious. Gays choose to reveal a behavior which they could avoid to do. If I walk around cursing at everyone I would probably be discriminated against also but that would be a choice I made. Quit flaunting homosexuality and offending those who do not like it and there will be no discrimination.

  5. #15
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40,257
    Thanks
    24947

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Slightly off-topic... about 18 years ago, I found on eBay a book about witchcraft - published in the U.S. in 1698. Being relatively poor at the time, I nervously bid about $125 on it. I was nervous because if I actually won, I'd have to justify the purchase to my wife.

    If the book had sold for $130 or so, I'd have been pissed. Fortunately, I was totally outclassed; the book went for over $500.

  6. #16
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    51,700
    Thanks
    9472

    From
    By the wall
    Do you happen to have the information on it, I would love to try and squire a copy for myself to add to my library.

  7. #17
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    63,175
    Thanks
    43497

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    If you are discriminated against because of your race or sex that is something out of the persons control and very serious. Gays choose to reveal a behavior which they could avoid to do. If I walk around cursing at everyone I would probably be discriminated against also but that would be a choice I made. Quit flaunting homosexuality and offending those who do not like it and there will be no discrimination.
    So, you essentially want gays back in the closet just so you're not uncomfortable.
    Thanks from Cicero

  8. #18
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    51,700
    Thanks
    9472

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    So, you essentially want gays back in the closet just so you're not uncomfortable.

    I am not uncomfortable with gays nor would I discriminate against them but many people are and do. If I were gay I would keep my mouth shut about it to avoid the potential problems. My best friend is gay but you would never know because he doesn't throw it in everyone's face that he meets. You ask him and he will tell you but he is not going to offer it up on his own.

  9. #19
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    1069

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I read that earlier, quite worrisome.
    What is almost more worrisome are the attitudes-ranging from disbelief and indifference to outright hostility-which likely reflect that of the wider community.
    Thanks from BDBoop

  10. #20
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,706
    Thanks
    1069

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I am not uncomfortable with gays nor would I discriminate against them but many people are and do. If I were gay I would keep my mouth shut about it to avoid the potential problems. My best friend is gay but you would never know because he doesn't throw it in everyone's face that he meets. You ask him and he will tell you but he is not going to offer it up on his own.
    OK, then you keep your mouth shut about everything that you are....stifle to very essence of your being so as others are not offended. Do not be seen in public with your heterosexual/ opposite sex partner. Do not put pictures of your straight family on your desk at work. When speaking of your partner, be careful to only use gender neutral terms so as not to arouse suspicion that you are heterosexual. Get over it dude! Gay folks just want to live their lives like everyone else. You best friend is gay?? Sounds like horseshit to me.
    Thanks from Babba

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16th October 2015, 10:05 PM
  2. Hillary Clinton email witch hunt getting surreal
    By GoaTlOver in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13th September 2015, 09:39 AM
  3. A Shameful Climate Witch Hunt
    By B04 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th February 2015, 07:47 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th May 2014, 11:26 AM
  5. and yet the right claims it isn't a witch hunt...
    By Cicero in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 9th June 2013, 04:58 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed