Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 124
Thanks Tree87Thanks

Thread: Unfit To Serve

  1. #61
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36,339
    Thanks
    26379

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    If you had voted for BERNIE none of this would be happening. It's blue dog Democrats who are ultimately to blame, apart from the actual Republicans who allow control of their party to completely slip away.

    Trump is cartoonishly unfit, always has been, and his election is a SYMPTOM of the miasma that our political arena has become.

    The only good thing to come of all this misery is, the Religious Right has been exposed for the collection of lunatics they always have been, and hopefully, this is their death knell.
    I am not a blue dog Democrat,so do not use that name for me.

    Bernie is so far left I could never vote for him. I am a moderate democrat . But we are NOT blue Dogs!

  2. #62
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    43,171
    Thanks
    26771

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I am not a blue dog Democrat,so do not use that name for me.

    Bernie is so far left I could never vote for him. I am a moderate democrat . But we are NOT blue Dogs!
    But isn't that what "blue dog" means?

  3. #63
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36,339
    Thanks
    26379

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Bernie is a great guy, but he's no saint. OTOH, I can easily see him deciding the Democratic Party is still not fully committed to a progressive agenda. And they aren't.

    BOTH parties need to work at re-establishing their "minor leagues", so the young people can be taught to run for office and win, and govern well. Bernie SAID that would be his focus after the election, but so far, I see no evidence of it.
    Madeline,you do not understand Bernie is not,until he decided to run a Democrat. Then,when he lost because of his far right Socialist ideas. He lied about remaining a Democrat. Bernie,at this point is nothing in the Democratic Party. But for sure he is a sore loser because Democrats did not want his brand of socialism.

    Bernie does not get to tell Democrats what to do. He backed Ellison. Ellison did not win. Bernie is nothing now,but a publicity hound,just like Trump. Ellison really is a Democrat so he made it clear to his followers to follow Perez. Smart move for him.

    Bernie threatening to primary Democrats he does not like is the end for me.
    Thanks from the watchman

  4. #64
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36,339
    Thanks
    26379

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    But isn't that what "blue dog" means?
    No,it most certainly does not! A blue dog is as likely to go along with Republicans as Democrats.

    They are as bad as the far left radical. That describes Bernie.
    Thanks from Madeline

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    43,247
    Thanks
    8209

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    No,it most certainly does not! A blue dog is as likely to go along with Republicans as Democrats.

    They are as bad as the far left radical. That describes Bernie.
    Only on fiscal matters.

    They are the tea party lite group except they are socially opposite.

  6. #66
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    43,171
    Thanks
    26771

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Madeline,you do not understand Bernie is not,until he decided to run a Democrat. Then,when he lost because of his far right Socialist ideas. He lied about remaining a Democrat. Bernie,at this point is nothing in the Democratic Party. But for sure he is a sore loser because Democrats did not want his brand of socialism.

    Bernie does not get to tell Democrats what to do. He backed Ellison. Ellison did not win. Bernie is nothing now,but a publicity hound,just like Trump. Ellison really is a Democrat so he made it clear to his followers to follow Perez. Smart move for him.

    Bernie threatening to primary Democrats he does not like is the end for me.
    Replying to this deserves its own thread, so please be patient. I will ping you after I post the Op.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,248
    Thanks
    7688

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by AttusBlack View Post
    Anything is possible, its just extremely, highly unlikely.
    We live in times where unlikely is very possible.
    Thanks from Madeline

  8. #68
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,248
    Thanks
    7688

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by AttusBlack View Post
    Anything is possible, its just extremely, highly unlikely.
    You said "never."
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #69
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,248
    Thanks
    7688

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Nancy Reagan...but I don't think she was the only one.
    As you've probably already seen I was referring to Edith Wilson.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 26th February 2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #70
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    28,671
    Thanks
    26704

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    But isn't that what "blue dog" means?
    No. The term refers to conservative Democrats. The vast majority of Democrats currently holding office are ideological moderates.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump is unfit to serve.
    By thrilling in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16th February 2017, 01:17 PM
  2. How dangerously unfit for the presidency Donald Trump really is
    By CEngelbrecht in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd October 2016, 11:33 AM
  3. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 5th August 2016, 12:56 AM
  4. 'impeach hillary' petition: 'unfit, beyond vindication'
    By Different guy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 26th May 2015, 11:35 AM
  5. McCain is Unfit for Presidency
    By GraspingForPeace in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 1st February 2008, 02:47 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed