Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 111
Thanks Tree124Thanks

Thread: Bernie Introduces Bill To Authorize Americans To Buy Rx Drugs From Canada

  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    25,618
    Thanks
    20437

    From
    Behind the Redwood Curtain
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I was just thinking about the many bus loads that were taken to Canada for Seniors to buy from Ohio.

    Keep in mind Ohio is on the border line. There have been many articles written about this.
    There were also bus loads going to Mexico.
    Thanks from Madeline and Friday13

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    25,618
    Thanks
    20437

    From
    Behind the Redwood Curtain
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Where are the so-called conservatives on this? Surely they would side with the people instead of corporations.
    If not the people, surely they'd side with the free market, right.
    Thanks from Madeline, chaos and Friday13

  3. #23
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,058
    Thanks
    21387

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    It is a CRIME for any American to bring Rx drugs into the country from Canada, even for their own consumption.

    https://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transpa.../ucm194904.htm
    Veterinarians are also upset about this because many pets require the same drugs as humans and people don't always have pet insurance. Not affording the necessary drugs can cause an owner to euthanize their pet.
    Thanks from Madeline and Friday13

  4. #24
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13,740
    Thanks
    10977

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    HRC would never, ever have acted to reduce Big Pharma's profits. They realize just how ANGRY Americans are. We have Medicare Part D because that was the booby prize for prohibiting Americans from buying drugs in Canada. We MIGHT have got a few breadcrumbs from HRC III, is all.

    ATM, people are scandalized by the cost of the EPI pen, etc. so the moment is ripe to leverage consumer anger to get this bill passed -- but it will be tough. Big Pharma is the absolute worst at lobbying, bribing and retaliating as to Congress critters.

    Big Pharma cannot price gouge in Canada because they have universal care.
    You are wrong of course but in fact Hillary didn't win so I am discussing the plan I prefer since it is American manufacturers and if you didn't hate Hillary so much you'd be able to see how simple this has always been to fix.

    In fact I noticed below how you blame Democrats when in fact Republicans are fully in control of the House and Senate and the Presidency so imo it is blowing hot air to pretend that anyone is holding this in their hands BUT Republicans at this point. Put aside political leanings and you get a better glimpse of how these issues are best resolved. Too few did that during the election and now have to catch up.
    Thanks from MaryAnne and Friday13

  5. #25
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    35,821
    Thanks
    26047

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Well, that's better than Obama did. He worked to actively protect them from attempts to reign in their obscene price-gouging.
    Who was in Congress in 2015? And,the ACA bill helped close the Bush donut hole.
    Thanks from Friday13

  6. #26
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    35,821
    Thanks
    26047

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    There were also bus loads going to Mexico.
    Yes,there were

    .Buying or Importing Prescription Drugs: Laws and Regulations

    Patients cross borders for online deals on medications
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #27
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,189
    Thanks
    2113

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    TBH...I always thought Americans could purchase drugs from Canada. They just could not use their insurance.

    https://www.canadadrugs.com/
    The Canadian government also passed a law against sales out of country. That wasn't due to any Bigevilepharma lobbying, it was due to the lack of a database to register whether the prescriptions were actually from a doctor and a part of a new computer linked tracking system to combat opioid abuse and such.

    On a side note, in Alberta, pharmacies are obligated by law to offer patients a generic if available, and in BC the generic must be given unless the doctor has a compelling reason to demand the name brand.
    Thanks from Madeline and Friday13

  8. #28
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,189
    Thanks
    2113

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Where are the so-called conservatives on this? Surely they would side with the people instead of corporations.
    I know two conservatives that claim the only reason new drugs are ever discovered is because Bigevilpharma gets all those ludicrous profits from you. If they didn't charge that much and have ever extended patent protection, there would be no more pharmacological advances, the earth would stop rotating, socialists would take over the world and other plagues and apocalyptic events would occur.
    Thanks from Madeline, chaos, labrea and 1 others

  9. #29
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    41,043
    Thanks
    25746

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    You are wrong of course but in fact Hillary didn't win so I am discussing the plan I prefer since it is American manufacturers and if you didn't hate Hillary so much you'd be able to see how simple this has always been to fix.

    In fact I noticed below how you blame Democrats when in fact Republicans are fully in control of the House and Senate and the Presidency so imo it is blowing hot air to pretend that anyone is holding this in their hands BUT Republicans at this point. Put aside political leanings and you get a better glimpse of how these issues are best resolved. Too few did that during the election and now have to catch up.
    I hate her because she is the handmaiden of the 0.01%. It's not personal, as in, she is not my former mother in law or anything. The difference between Ds and Rs on Big Pharma is exactly fuck all.

    That's why it takes a Progressive to propose this legislation. Someone who doesn't owe his soul to them.

  10. #30
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    41,043
    Thanks
    25746

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    I know two conservatives that claim the only reason new drugs are ever discovered is because Bigevilpharma gets all those ludicrous profits from you. If they didn't charge that much and have ever extended patent protection, there would be no more pharmacological advances, the earth would stop rotating, socialists would take over the world and other plagues and apocalyptic events would occur.
    Yes, that is a popular flavor of kool aid.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10th June 2015, 11:09 AM
  2. Replies: 169
    Last Post: 19th December 2013, 01:26 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd August 2011, 01:51 AM
  4. Congress introduces Bill for Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st December 2009, 10:50 AM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18th April 2008, 10:39 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed