Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Is Comey A Criminal?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,344
    Thanks
    29707

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio

    Is Comey A Criminal?

    Comey acted as a kingmaker. He fixed an election -- a feat even Hoover never attempted, at least not so brazenly. He used information protected by law to accuse Hillary of wrongdoing, days before the election.

    His conduct violated FBI protocols.

    His motivations are unclear, but his conduct certainly seems like treason to me.

  2. #2
    Moderator libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,124
    Thanks
    2239

    From
    ohio
    What do we know about a Comey - Pence connection?
    Thanks from Madeline

  3. #3
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,093
    Thanks
    32577

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Comey acted as a kingmaker. He fixed an election -- a feat even Hoover never attempted, at least not so brazenly. He used information protected by law to accuse Hillary of wrongdoing, days before the election.

    His conduct violated FBI protocols.

    His motivations are unclear, but his conduct certainly seems like treason to me.
    How did he "fix" the election???

    While I was not thrilled that he dropped that no-burger bombshell days before the election - he had previously said that the Clinton investigation was closed, barring new info.

    I just don't get it. The guy was a federal lawyer for the DOJ in the 5th district of NYC (which is a big deal) before joining the FBI . Why is everyone now an armchair lawyer here claiming he broke laws?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,344
    Thanks
    29707

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    How did he "fix" the election???

    While I was not thrilled that he dropped that no-burger bombshell days before the election - he had previously said that the Clinton investigation was closed, barring new info.

    I just don't get it. The guy was a federal lawyer for the DOJ in the 5th district of NYC (which is a big deal) before joining the FBI . Why is everyone now an armchair lawyer here claiming he broke laws?
    Well, look at the election results. There's little reason to think Trump would have won if Comey had no spoken up about a nearly-fictitious investigation into allegations against Hillary he knew were baseless.

    If his conduct was motiveless, that was STILL criminal. Negligent misrepresentation and disclosure of confidential government information, in aid of a scheme to illegally influence an election.

  5. #5
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,343
    Thanks
    10858

    From
    By the wall
    Comey is as guilty as Russia is.

  6. #6
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21,408
    Thanks
    19237

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Trump is the one being investigated for obstruction of justice. Comey reassured him he wasn't, so it must have begun once he was fired.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,258
    Thanks
    26426

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Comey acted as a kingmaker. He fixed an election -- a feat even Hoover never attempted, at least not so brazenly. He used information protected by law to accuse Hillary of wrongdoing, days before the election.

    His conduct violated FBI protocols.

    His motivations are unclear, but his conduct certainly seems like treason to me.
    I don't like the reversal of discussing an investigation, but it was not an ordinary situation. He broke protocol...no law

    Comey is what we know as a boy scout. Law above politics. Trump and his supporters don't like him because the wanted Hillary prosecuted...no matter what.

    Comey has to look at the whole picture. Trump does not.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,258
    Thanks
    26426

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Comey is as guilty as Russia is.
    Wow. I sometimes wonder if you really mean what you post.

  9. #9
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,343
    Thanks
    10858

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Wow. I sometimes wonder if you really mean what you post.
    He affected an election.

    Just like Russia apparently.

    Maybe he was in cahoots with Russia?

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,344
    Thanks
    29707

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Trump is the one being investigated for obstruction of justice. Comey reassured him he wasn't, so it must have begun once he was fired.
    One criminal can testify against another. In this scenario, Trump's guilt is not proof of Comey's innocence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comey and 18 U.S.C. 641
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 14th June 2017, 06:47 PM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10th May 2017, 05:03 PM
  3. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 20th March 2017, 12:06 PM
  4. Comey said
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th March 2017, 11:37 AM
  5. Comey
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 1st November 2016, 09:04 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed