Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57
Thanks Tree55Thanks

Thread: Middleton Councilman Proposes No More Narcon

  1. #51
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,351
    Thanks
    15810

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    It is flooding Ohio. I thought this was a hospital-only drug, like the general anesthesia drugs?

    HTF are Cleveland gang members getting it? They certainly aren't knocking over 18 wheelers.

    It seems like the source has to be at the factory.....which would make the manufacturer complicit.
    In our new documentary, “Death by Fentanyl,” we investigate the rise of fentanyl in all its forms, and we examine how one of the deadliest drug epidemics in American history just got worse.

    This documentary began with a trip to Sinaloa, Mexico days after drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s escape from prison. While REPORTING ON THE HUNT FOR THE WORLD’S MOST WANTED MAN, we heard about illicit drug labs in the heart of El Chapo’s territory that were making a drug so dangerous dealers were calling it el diablito -- or the little devil.

    El diablito was fentanyl-laced heroin.

    Three weeks before El Chapo was re-captured, we returned to Sinaloa to meet with heroin producers who were mixing the drug into their product.

    “There’s almost nobody making pure heroin anymore, because el diablito is so much stronger,” one trafficker told us. His family sourced the precursor chemicals from China, he said, and paid a Colombian chemist $50,000 to teach them how to cook up fentanyl.

    While the majority of the fentanyl causing overdoses across the U.S. is from this illegal stockpile produced by Mexican cartels, a portion of it also comes in legal pharmaceutical forms, according to the DEA.

    Death by Fentanyl
    Thanks from Madeline

  2. #52
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50,191
    Thanks
    29212

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    O.....thanks for the data.

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50,191
    Thanks
    29212

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    In our new documentary, “Death by Fentanyl,” we investigate the rise of fentanyl in all its forms, and we examine how one of the deadliest drug epidemics in American history just got worse.

    This documentary began with a trip to Sinaloa, Mexico days after drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s escape from prison. While REPORTING ON THE HUNT FOR THE WORLD’S MOST WANTED MAN, we heard about illicit drug labs in the heart of El Chapo’s territory that were making a drug so dangerous dealers were calling it el diablito -- or the little devil.

    El diablito was fentanyl-laced heroin.

    Three weeks before El Chapo was re-captured, we returned to Sinaloa to meet with heroin producers who were mixing the drug into their product.

    “There’s almost nobody making pure heroin anymore, because el diablito is so much stronger,” one trafficker told us. His family sourced the precursor chemicals from China, he said, and paid a Colombian chemist $50,000 to teach them how to cook up fentanyl.

    While the majority of the fentanyl causing overdoses across the U.S. is from this illegal stockpile produced by Mexican cartels, a portion of it also comes in legal pharmaceutical forms, according to the DEA.

    Death by Fentanyl
    This just keeps getting more hopeless.

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12,646
    Thanks
    8304

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    A local, small city is on track to spend $100,000 this year on the life-saving drug Narcon, used to quickly reverse the effects of an opioid overdose.

    This councilman proposes that, in the case of anyone who has overdosed twice before, the dispatcher should refuse to send out an ambulance.

    I understand his fears, because this epidemic is a threat to the financial stability of every city in Ohio. But I think this approach is the wrong one. It amounts to an execution, performed by a dispatcher on a cold record that is too likely to be wrong. It changes the dispatcher's job into one so stressful, few people could bear to carry it out.

    Worse, it blames the addict. IMO, the first line of attack must be towards doctors that script oxycotin to non-terminal patients. The federal government must withdraw oxycotin from the market, and states should sue the manufacturer for the damages it has caused.

    What do you think?

    Two strikes and you're dead, I guess that's this county's policy.
    Last edited by Eve1; 3rd September 2017 at 07:50 AM.

  5. #55
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50,191
    Thanks
    29212

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Two strikes and you're dead, I guess that's this county's policy.
    Well, like I said. Hopefully he just said it to grab attention to the issue.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    97,897
    Thanks
    4490

    From
    Vancouver
    Yeah I agree with the OP. And my city is ground zero for this problem as well. With safe injection sites, narcan, now a permanent police "command centre" at the strip, thousands of people in weekly rotation through cells and the court system - I can't even imagine what drug addiction is costing.

    I've posted about this before. People who have been convicted of 50 to 200 offences because they have no way to sustain themselves except crime - should be housed indefinitely - against their will - until they have the means to feed and house themselves without commuting a crime.

    I font mean a proson. I mean a recovery clinic. But they are not leaving, ever, until they have gone x months in a row clean, have housing lined up, have a source of income secure to maintain that housing. If they can do that in 6,8,12 ,300 months, or never, that's fine. But that's when they can leave.

    People who "prefer to be homeless" have to eat and shit and wash. If they've found a way to do that without committing property crime or dealing or joining - then God bless. But that case is so rare it's not even worth considering. Junkies on the steeet have to steal enough property each day to eat. Obviously. There's no other possibility.

    So releasing them back onto the street is aiding and abetting that theft. If a junkie with 250 criminal convictions for theft and B&E is released after 2 days in cells and then steals by bike. As far as I'm concerned the provincial court stole my bike.

    That guy had literally no possibility except to reoffend. And they released him anyway.
    Last edited by Dr.Knuckles; 4th September 2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Thanks from Madeline

  7. #57
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50,191
    Thanks
    29212

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Knuckles View Post
    Yeah I agree with the OP. And my city is ground zero for this problem as well. With safe injection sites, narcan, now a permanent police "command centre" at the strip, thousands of people in weekly rotation through cells and the court system - I can't even imagine what drug addiction is costing.

    I've posted about this before. People who have been convicted of 50 to 200 offences because they have no way to sustain themselves except crime - should be housed indefinitely - against their will - until they have the means to feed and house themselves without commuting a crime.

    People who "prefer to be homeless" have to eat and shit and wash. If they've found a way to do that without committing property crime or dealing or joining - then God bless. But that case is so rare it's not even worth considering. Junkies on the steeet have to steal enough property each day to eat. Obviously. There's no other possibility.

    So releasing them back onto the street is aiding and abetting that theft. If a junkie with 250 criminal convictions for theft and B&E is released after 2 days in cells and then steals by bike. As far as I'm concerned the provincial court stole my bike.

    That guy had literally no possibility except to reoffend. And they released him anyway.
    SOMETHING's gotta give.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Councilman: ICE conducting 'actions' in Austin
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th February 2017, 07:23 PM
  2. Cleveland Councilman Promises to Riot
    By Madeline in forum Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18th May 2015, 12:56 PM
  3. Baltimore Councilman smack down of Fox News
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th April 2015, 04:19 PM
  4. Kate Middleton pregnant
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 8th December 2012, 06:42 AM
  5. councilman arrested for peeing on constituents
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th November 2008, 07:24 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed