Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160
Thanks Tree134Thanks

Thread: You Mad, Bro?

  1. #151
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    28,928
    Thanks
    17308

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    PRETENDS to disbelieve his own eyes and ears.

    Actually disbelieving reality is a serious mental health crisis.

    A not-unimportant distinction.
    Forty years is a long time to disbelieve reality and countless Senate investigations.

  2. #152
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    28,928
    Thanks
    17308

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I know, and this forum is starting to resemble an asylum now that so many have walked off for their publicly stated reasons.
    I thought you gamers loved chaos?

  3. #153
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    38,933
    Thanks
    30378

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Ok, watched the whole video, and ya, somewhat insensitive... But what's the point you are trying to make?

    I don't see building a company and the sacrifices that comes with that really scales to the sacrifice of military service, but he had never talked about banning Muslims who live in the us, he was talking about not importing people from countries the us has been bombing and harbour terrorists according to one Obama made.

    So, I do hope your point was different than him coming across as insensitive. It's insensitive to refuse people onto the lifeboat of a sinking ship, but better to save as many as the lifeboats can carry than to overfill the boats and kill everyone.
    My point was this

    Well, the first one was a renowned fake story... If that's what they start with, they lack the credibility to move further.
    Yeah, NOT a fake story.

  4. #154
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50,191
    Thanks
    29212

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Forty years is a long time to disbelieve reality and countless Senate investigations.
    Now, now. Not every Trumpalompa is an elderly person.


    Lolol.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  5. #155
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,466
    Thanks
    2128

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    My point was this



    Yeah, NOT a fake story.
    It's still fake outrage... It falls under the appeal fallacies.

    I mean real as in something that is real; you know something bad like how he seems to have tried to pay off one of his ex-wives to have remained silent about abuse, that one I can't defend.

    Except, something like that relevant to the presidency... That's what I was referring to as real, not "media REALLY made an interview to make trump look bad"

  6. #156
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64,327
    Thanks
    29964

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    It's still fake outrage... It falls under the appeal fallacies.

    I mean real as in something that is real; you know something bad like how he seems to have tried to pay off one of his ex-wives to have remained silent about abuse, that one I can't defend.

    Except, something like that relevant to the presidency... That's what I was referring to as real, not "media REALLY made an interview to make trump look bad"
    Oh, you mean real as in you SAY it's real and not real as in it actually in fact REALLY happened?
    Got it.
    Thanks from Madeline

  7. #157
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50,191
    Thanks
    29212

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    "Appeal fallacies" apply to logic and debate.

    Not to scientific evidence or observable reality.

    Clarence Darrow could not make this not be Tuesday, or make it stop raining.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  8. #158
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    64,327
    Thanks
    29964

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    "Appeal fallacies" apply to logic and debate.

    Not to scientific evidence or observable reality.

    Clarence Darrow could not make this not be Tuesday, or make it stop raining.
    They think that randomly throwing around terms such as "appeal fallacies' makes them sound smart. *shrug*
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #159
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,466
    Thanks
    2128

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    "Appeal fallacies" apply to logic and debate.

    Not to scientific evidence or observable reality.

    Clarence Darrow could not make this not be Tuesday, or make it stop raining.
    Would you like to clarify what her argument was?

    Because it was "oh trump is bad because this family lost their son" so, it is an appeal to believe the argument because of the appeals to how that family feels.

    There was no real argument made, you seem to grasp the distinction, so maybe you can fill in for others failures to engage in debate on a debate forum.

  10. #160
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,466
    Thanks
    2128

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    They think that randomly throwing around terms such as "appeal fallacies' makes them sound smart. *shrug*
    You, on the hand, different story. God bless you.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed