Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 203
Thanks Tree79Thanks

Thread: False Equivalence on Climate Change

  1. #21
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21,455
    Thanks
    19297

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Tell us what the global average temperature would be if humans didn't exist.
    Less that it is now. See how easy a fly is swatted?
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #22
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,463
    Thanks
    10872

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Your "argument" fails when you suggest that science claims only man's contribution causes warming.
    So what are the numbers?

    Apparently science has proven this so how did they prove it without getting the actual data?

    Do they know or not?

    1. Tell us what percentage of warming is caused by man.

    2. Tell us what the average global temperature would be if man didn't contribute to it.

    These are simple questions.

  3. #23
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,463
    Thanks
    10872

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Less that it is now. See how easy a fly is swatted?
    As I figured, you can't back up your claim.

    Lets see if any of you doomsday people can actually provide numbers to support your argument.

  4. #24
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,564
    Thanks
    4311

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    So what percentage of the warming is due to natural causes according to science?

    Or are you of the mindset that nature never contributes to warming?
    Ah yes, here it is, a lame attempt to parse the conclusions reached by science. Like a true PhD, you deny science in favor of mindless.right wing radio blather.


    What is my exact body temperature taken with a rectal thermometer right this second?


    What? You can't answer? Obviously them I am right about everything!

  5. #25
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,463
    Thanks
    10872

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Ah yes, here it is, a lame attempt to parse the conclusions reached by science. Like a true PhD, you deny science in favor of mindless.right wing radio blather.


    What is my exact body temperature taken with a rectal thermometer right this second?


    What? You can't answer? Obviously them I am right about everything!
    You aren't giving me anything to deny.

    You are claiming science proved it so show us the science.

    Unless you are admitting that science has no clue how much of the warming is man-made and how much is natural.

    Is that what you are claiming?

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,374
    Thanks
    8881

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Your "argument" fails when you suggest that science claims only man's contribution causes warming.
    He didn't suggest that. He asked for the percentage breakdown of MMGW vs natural. The fact your Cult can't answer that proves your Cult is full of shit.

  7. #27
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,564
    Thanks
    4311

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You aren't giving me anything to deny.

    You are claiming science proved it so show us the science.

    Unless you are admitting that science has no clue how much of the warming is man-made and how much is natural.

    Is that what you are claiming?
    Lie.


    C'mon Dr. Spookycolt. I never said.science proved anything. Why do you lie about it? Is it to save your precious Mermaids? Because of your claims that you use the women's restroom?


    Why can you not tell me what my body temperature is right this second?

  8. #28
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,564
    Thanks
    4311

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    He didn't suggest that. He asked for the percentage breakdown of MMGW vs natural. The fact your Cult can't answer that proves your Cult is full of shit.
    Spooky can not say what my temperature taken rectally is. Doesn't that make your cult full of shit? That you can't answer a made up, bullshit question literally pulled out of my ass?
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #29
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,900
    Thanks
    1182

    From
    California
    If humans had never existed, the carbon trapped in coal and oil reserves would still be trapped there. The hundreds of millions of cows would not exist. Massive deforestation across all continents would not have happened. The question is really kind of silly on the face of it because we already have millions of years of evidence when man did not exist or was unable to affect the climate. The data suggests that it started in the early years of the industrial age and continues today. If you accept that more carbon in the atmosphere increases temperatures then it is fairly simple to understand that more carbon means warmer temperatures.
    Thanks from Pragmatist and Friday13

  10. #30
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,463
    Thanks
    10872

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Lie.


    C'mon Dr. Spookycolt. I never said.science proved anything. Why do you lie about it? Is it to save your precious Mermaids? Because of your claims that you use the women's restroom?


    Why can you not tell me what my body temperature is right this second?
    Because I'm not making any claim about your body temperature.

    I can admit that I don't know.

    Yet you claim man-made global warming is real so prove it.

    We know what the average temperature right now is and you say science has proved that man has contributed to it.

    So by how much?

    If they don't know than how do they know man is contributing to it?

    is it 99%, 0.00000001%?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th August 2017, 07:00 AM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7th July 2016, 07:53 PM
  3. Climate Change
    By Loki in forum Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 29th August 2013, 11:22 PM
  4. Replies: 113
    Last Post: 24th October 2011, 10:12 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed