Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 153
Thanks Tree70Thanks

Thread: Schumer, Pelosi & Clinton Attack Universal Health Care

  1. #41
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,023
    Thanks
    14406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I can't disagree with her on this.

    She is correct on all her points although I do disagree that we need universal health care but that's an ideological difference.

    I also don't think it will ever pass because of the cost and the socialist stigma associated with it.

    However she is correct that it is being blocked by prominent democrats who have sold out to corporate America.

    I also believe she is correct that now is not the wrong time, there would be plenty of support for it by the people.

    I can't honestly say its the wrong time in fact I would say the opposite, now would be the perfect time because it highlights the failings of Obamacare.
    That is what she needs to understand - it won't be passed in Congress. Has nothing to do with Democrats. It has to do with the majority leadership.
    The Democrats knowing this are focused on securing Obamacare though as always most prefer Universal. You didn't help much as you gave her more delusions that this congress will pass it. Just tell her as that is the only issue: Obamacare can be removed and won't be replaced by Universal Healthcare in this Congress.

  2. #42
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    That is what she needs to understand - it won't be passed in Congress. Has nothing to do with Democrats. It has to do with the majority leadership.
    The Democrats knowing this are focused on securing Obamacare though as always most prefer Universal. You didn't help much as you gave her more delusions that this congress will pass it. Just tell her as that is the only issue: Obamacare can be removed and won't be replaced by Universal Healthcare in this Congress.
    It wouldn't be this congress, it would be the next one.

    There isn't time to get it done with this congress.
    Thanks from Minotaur

  3. #43
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,023
    Thanks
    14406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    it won't happen and again, like abortion and gay marriage, this will be a wedge issue in 2018; now, maybe you believe Washington should be burned to ground, because purists, who are one inch away from each other on the political globe, want that.

    I say, they should set themselves on fire first; because they are, single handedly, causing this rupture in the political spectrum to the point, it is rupturing society.

    And that's what these NIHILISTS want, total fucking destruction!

    I know Bernie Sanders does this from his heart, but he's fucking stupid! the strategy sucks! it won't pass!
    I don't know that this move was from his heart as he'd have to be dead not to know Universal won't pass in a republican Congress. He is self promoting and in my opinion he used his brains on this based on who he had sponsor the bill. My guess is he got Kamala to sign on because he knew it may bring it to the floor. Kamala has power right now and loses nothing by sponsoring the bill. He has never been able to get those bills to the floor. He is just trying to get votes logged and knows it won't pass. Republicans won't be harmed by it but Blue Dog Democrats might be. In the mean time while he is playing politics, Obamacare is hanging on a thread if anyone turns their head.

    Sad part is Universal has always been preferred by liberals like Pelosi, Hillary and the rest. This is an important issue but if voters keep screwing up it may not come into being for decades.
    Last edited by Minotaur; 17th September 2017 at 05:12 AM.

  4. #44
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,023
    Thanks
    14406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    It wouldn't be this congress, it would be the next one.

    There isn't time to get it done with this congress.
    I think it will be longer than that. Obamacare barely passed though it was watered down by Congress to pass it. That was during a democratic majority. Republicans won't pass Universal and if democrats gain the majority it will be the blue dogs that have a struggle. Many are from conservative and/or moderate areas. I think at earliest it may take just short of a decade or more to pass it. I'm being generous in that guess.

  5. #45
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,268
    Thanks
    18069

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I think it will be longer than that. Obamacare barely passed though it was watered down by Congress to pass it. That was during a democratic majority. Republicans won't pass Universal and if democrats gain the majority it will be the blue dogs that have a struggle. Many are from conservative and/or moderate areas. I think at earliest it may take just short of a decade or more to pass it. I'm being generous in that guess.
    Bernie hasn't figured out how to pay for this, in 2013, when he introduced this legislation, the short fall was over a half a billion, now, with every executive agency cutting staff, and budget, regulations being loosened to reduce the number of regulators, EVEN TEXAS'S OWN CONGRESSMAN VOTING AGAINST HURRICANE AID FOR THEIR OWN STATE.... how in the every loving FUCK does Bernie THINK this will pass?

    He can't even present the costs!

  6. #46
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I think it will be longer than that. Obamacare barely passed though it was watered down by Congress to pass it. That was during a democratic majority. Republicans won't pass Universal and if democrats gain the majority it will be the blue dogs that have a struggle. Many are from conservative and/or moderate areas. I think at earliest it may take just short of a decade or more to pass it. I'm being generous in that guess.
    I've already said I don't think it will pass nor do I want it to.

    I'm saying its possible under the right circumstances so Madeline isn't incorrect.

  7. #47
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,023
    Thanks
    14406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    Bernie hasn't figured out how to pay for this, in 2013, when he introduced this legislation, the short fall was over a half a billion, now, with every executive agency cutting staff, and budget, regulations being loosened to reduce the number of regulators, EVEN TEXAS'S OWN CONGRESSMAN VOTING AGAINST HURRICANE AID FOR THEIR OWN STATE.... how in the every loving FUCK does Bernie THINK this will pass?

    He can't even present the costs!
    IMO Bernie is just wanting the theatrics of logging the "Nays" so liberals will vote Yea and conservatives will vote Nay and neither will be harmed. However the Blue Dogs will be pinned and may be harmed. They never vote for liberal bills that are controversial if their vote can't pass the bill. They help getting close bills passed and often get booted out of office and replaced by a republican in conservative districts for doing it. This bill won't even be close to passing so Blue Dogs have to vote no to keep their seat. Bernie's crew may turn on them for a Nay vote and they may once again be replaced by a Republican. There is no good outcome I can see for Blue Dogs and that can only deepen the hold Republicans have on Congress. The asses that think Democratic Blue Dogs who are Democrat can vote like liberal state Democrats tick me off. They just don't get politics or regional issues. Anyway that is my fear...for a strictly cosmetic bill, Democrats lose more Blue Dogs. I mean who the hell thinks cornering a Blue Dog is the way to get a liberal Democrat in his or her seat? They represent states who will just vote for the Republican if Bernie weakens the Blue Dog.

    Pardon my ramble but it is irritating.

  8. #48
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    IMO Bernie is just wanting the theatrics of logging the "Nays" so liberals will vote Yea and conservatives will vote Nay and neither will be harmed. However the Blue Dogs will be pinned and may be harmed. They never vote for liberal bills that are controversial if their vote can't pass the bill. They help getting close bills passed and often get booted out of office and replaced by a republican in conservative districts for doing it. This bill won't even be close to passing so Blue Dogs have to vote no to keep their seat. Bernie's crew may turn on them for a Nay vote and they may once again be replaced by a Republican. There is no good outcome I can see for Blue Dogs and that can only deepen the hold Republicans have on Congress. The asses that think Democratic Blue Dogs who are Democrat can vote like liberal state Democrats tick me off. They just don't get politics or regional issues. Anyway that is my fear...for a strictly cosmetic bill, Democrats lose more Blue Dogs. I mean who the hell thinks cornering a Blue Dog is the way to get a liberal Democrat in his or her seat? They represent states who will just vote for the Republican if Bernie weakens the Blue Dog.

    Pardon my ramble but it is irritating.
    He may also be prepping for a 2020 run.
    Thanks from Minotaur

  9. #49
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,023
    Thanks
    14406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I've already said I don't think it will pass nor do I want it to.

    I'm saying its possible under the right circumstances so Madeline isn't incorrect.
    It is not possible now and when it may be possible is anyone's guess. However in this, Madeline does not seem to understand that it can't be passed PERIOD. In the here and now it is impossible. As for your guess on when it can be passed I'd say that is unlikely. Way too soon. Congress won't change sides that fast even with a leadership change. Even if the leadership changes, the numbers will be too close for Democrats to pass it. I'm sticking with a decade at the earliest.

  10. #50
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,023
    Thanks
    14406

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    He may also be prepping for a 2020 run.
    He might be. That would not be a surprise.
    Thanks from bajisima

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Universal Health Care In Vermont
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th March 2017, 04:49 AM
  2. Universal health care unconstitutional?
    By Conservative15 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 23rd August 2009, 10:16 PM
  3. Universal Health Care
    By Burning Giraffe in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 1st May 2008, 11:20 PM
  4. We Already Have Universal Health Care
    By Burning Giraffe in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th October 2007, 09:21 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed