Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 356
Thanks Tree134Thanks

Thread: Righties......Please explain the need/utility of high capacity magazines?

  1. #21
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    41,596
    Thanks
    26342

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    But hi cap mags are even easier to make. So whats the difference?

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre.../#12e463f23de2
    Reliability. 3D printed magazines are more likely to fail that commercially manufactured ones.
    Thanks from Devil505 and Friday13

  2. #22
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Thanks for agreeing with my argument against them. They are not needed.....by anyone but mass murderers of course.
    No, what I showed is that if you have clips ready it doesn't matter.

    Do you think it takes 10 minutes to reload or something that will give people a chance to get away.

    It doesn't.

  3. #23
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    41,596
    Thanks
    26342

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Less time wasted loading up clips, plus you need to buy less of them.
    If you're on a shooting range, time is unlikely to be a critical factor.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,843
    Thanks
    17659

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Irrelevant. But depending on the definition, quite a few.
    lol

  5. #25
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,409
    Thanks
    21315

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Thanks for agreeing with my argument against them. They are not needed.....by anyone but mass murderers of course.
    Yes. I'm certain that someone determined to murder people will be put off by having to fill magazines.

  6. #26
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    If you're on a shooting range, time is unlikely to be a critical factor.
    Never said it was critical, I was stating its more convenient.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,843
    Thanks
    17659

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    But hi cap mags are even easier to make. So whats the difference?

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/andygre.../#12e463f23de2
    Untrue and no homemade magazine has ever been used in mass murder.

  8. #28
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,108
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Yes. I'm certain that someone determined to murder people will be put off by having to fill magazines.
    Correct, they will just bring more clips with them.

    It won't change a thing.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,203
    Thanks
    17075

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Because once you ban them and there is no reduction in violence you will decide to ban something else.
    See, this is the trick you guys consistently use to change the subject, and render the discussion of gun control meaningless. The goal of gun control is not to end, or reduce violence; it is to end/reduce gun violence. I understand that the difference may seem subtle, but it is important. You see, knife violence, or club violence, hell even vehicular violence simply does not have the capacity that gun violence currently does. If Paddock had driven a truck into the crowd, as one conservative pundit had hypothesised he could have done, we would have been looking a several dead, and dozens injured, at worst, rather than dozens dead, and hundreds injured

    Your argument defends against a meaningless, unmade position, and, therefore fails on its face. Care to try and answer the question in the OP again?
    Thanks from Friday13 and Devil505

  10. #30
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64,290
    Thanks
    44845

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    How many crimes are committed using a high capacity magazine?
    It sure makes mass shootings easier.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Panzareta

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge blocks Californias high capacity magazine ban
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 30th June 2017, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 04:06 PM
  3. High Capacity Magazines Should Be Banned
    By Devil505 in forum Warfare
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 14th April 2011, 02:10 AM
  4. High Capacity Magazines Should Be Banned
    By Devil505 in forum Warfare
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 12th February 2011, 06:39 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed