Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 356
Thanks Tree134Thanks

Thread: Righties......Please explain the need/utility of high capacity magazines?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,822
    Thanks
    17635

    From
    Mass and Florida

    Righties......Please explain the need/utility of high capacity magazines?

    ...and please explain how you justify their danger vs what benefit they provide for legitimate shooters.

    There must be a national law against them because if they're legal in some states they will find their way into all states.
    Last edited by Devil505; 5th October 2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Thanks from jet57

  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,002
    Thanks
    10565

    From
    By the wall
    Because once you ban them and there is no reduction in violence you will decide to ban something else.

    Then something else after that.

    Then another thing.

    So let's say you ban high capacity magazines and the violence doesn't change.

    Will you say, "well we tried and it didn't work so I guess we will just move on now".

    Nope.

  3. #3
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,607
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    Are only righties allowed to answer? I'm sure there are plenty of lefties that own them as well.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,822
    Thanks
    17635

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
    Are only righties allowed to answer? I'm sure there are plenty of lefties that own them as well.
    Open for all but I really want to hear from people who favor them.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    59,822
    Thanks
    17635

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Because once you ban them and there is no reduction in violence you will decide to ban something else.

    Then something else after that.

    Then another thing.

    So let's say you ban high capacity magazines and the violence doesn't change.

    Will you say, "well we tried and it didn't work so I guess we will just move on now".

    Nope.
    Translation: Pass no laws as they will only lead to more laws

  6. #6
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,554
    Thanks
    29418

    From
    United States

    Please explain the need/utility of high capacity magazines?

    Quite similar to the "need/utility" of this device:
    Thanks from RNG, MaryAnne, Friday13 and 2 others

  7. #7
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,607
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Open for all but I really want to hear from people that favor them.
    I don't own any but I will venture a guess that the utility of them is to be able to fire a greater number of rounds before reloading. And I guess the need would be subjective, could be anything from needing a large number of rounds to defend yourself or your property, Zombie Apocalypse, looking tough and menacing. These are all needs, maybe not legitimate, but like I said, need is subjective.
    Thanks from johnflesh and Sparta

  8. #8
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    41,545
    Thanks
    26285

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Because once you ban them and there is no reduction in violence you will decide to ban something else.
    Then something else after that.
    Then another thing.
    So let's say you ban high capacity magazines and the violence doesn't change.
    Will you say, "well we tried and it didn't work so I guess we will just move on now".
    Nope.
    Slippery Slope
    (also known as absurd extrapolation, thin edge of the wedge, camel's nose, domino fallacy)

    Description: When a relatively insignificant first event is suggested to lead to a more significant event, which in turn leads to a more significant event, and so on, until some ultimate, significant event is reached, where the connection of each event is not only unwarranted but with each step it becomes more and more improbable. Many events are usually present in this fallacy, but only two are actually required -- usually connected by “the next thing you know...”

    https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...Slippery-Slope
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #9
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,002
    Thanks
    10565

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
    I don't own any but I will venture a guess that the utility of them is to be able to fire a greater number of rounds before reloading. And I guess the need would be subjective, could be anything from needing a large number of rounds to defend yourself or your property, Zombie Apocalypse, looking tough and menacing. These are all needs, maybe not legitimate, but like I said, need is subjective.
    Unless you are a perfect shot, which I am not, the more rounds the better.

  10. #10
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,383
    Thanks
    21307

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    How many crimes are committed using a high capacity magazine?
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge blocks Californias high capacity magazine ban
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 30th June 2017, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 04:06 PM
  3. High Capacity Magazines Should Be Banned
    By Devil505 in forum Warfare
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 14th April 2011, 02:10 AM
  4. High Capacity Magazines Should Be Banned
    By Devil505 in forum Warfare
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 12th February 2011, 06:39 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed