Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 214
Thanks Tree111Thanks

Thread: White Pizza

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,805
    Thanks
    869

    From
    Maryland USA
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    That's actually not true. The NFL has not prohibited anyone from honoring 9-11 victims, slain cops, or victims of domestic violence with a pre-game demonstration.

    Now, if you're trying to once again compare two different situations and falsely claim they're the same thing, like kneeling for the anthem BEFORE the game and a change to the uniform that woukd be present DURING the game, then that's just garden variety dishonesty in the name of an agenda. Hope that's not what you're doing.
    I have no idea what the reference to the 9-11 victims or domestic violence may be, but I am guessing the slain police officers refers to the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys wanted to put some decals on their helmets that honored the 5 police officers that were shot and killed. The league would not allow them to do so.

  2. #52
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,600
    Thanks
    22347

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    That's actually not true. The NFL has not prohibited anyone from honoring 9-11 victims, slain cops, or victims of domestic violence with a pre-game demonstration.

    Now, if you're trying to once again compare two different situations and falsely claim they're the same thing, like kneeling for the anthem BEFORE the game and a change to the uniform that woukd be present DURING the game, then that's just garden variety dishonesty in the name of an agenda. Hope that's not what you're doing.
    That's not how freedom of speech works. You don't only get it sometimes. Roger Goodell made his call. He decided that allowing players to act like disrespectful punks during the National Anthem was more important than honoring 9-11 victims. Those are his prioirities. Fine. Now he can live with this.. https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...-dip/23235396/

  3. #53
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    88,612
    Thanks
    64490

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    I have no idea what the reference to the 9-11 victims or domestic violence may be, but I am guessing the slain police officers refers to the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys wanted to put some decals on their helmets that honored the 5 police officers that were shot and killed. The league would not allow them to do so.
    Exactly what I said. To compare that, an alteration to the uniform that would be visible during the game to a one time act that is started and completed before the game begins would be dishonest.

    There's no evidence to suggest that the NFL stopped the Cowboys from kneeling, praying, holding hands, linking arms, or having a moment of silence for the slain officers before the game. Those acts would actually be comparable with the player protests, but making a true comparison of like events doesn't further the agenda of those making this argument.
    Thanks from Blueneck

  4. #54
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    88,612
    Thanks
    64490

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    That's not how freedom of speech works. You don't only get it sometimes. Roger Goodell made his call. He decided that allowing players to act like disrespectful punks during the National Anthem was more important than honoring 9-11 victims. Those are his prioirities. Fine. Now he can live with this.. https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...-dip/23235396/
    You're all over the place here. I respond to your post, one you start out with saying "this isn't about freedom of speech" and you immediately reply with "that's not how freedom of speech works."

    The only argument you're actually proving is that you don't know how freedom of speech works.
    Thanks from StanStill and Blues63

  5. #55
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,600
    Thanks
    22347

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Exactly what I said. To compare that, an alteration to the uniform that would be visible during the game to a one time act that is started and completed before the game begins would be dishonest.

    There's no evidence to suggest that the NFL stopped the Cowboys from kneeling, praying, holding hands, linking arms, or having a moment of silence for the slain officers before the game. Those acts would actually be comparable with the player protests, but making a true comparison of like events doesn't further the agenda of those making this argument.
    It's actually comparing a tribute that very few people would object to with a divisive, disrespectful act that drove away fans.

  6. #56
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,475
    Thanks
    9422

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Exactly what I said. To compare that, an alteration to the uniform that would be visible during the game to a one time act that is started and completed before the game begins would be dishonest.

    There's no evidence to suggest that the NFL stopped the Cowboys from kneeling, praying, holding hands, linking arms, or having a moment of silence for the slain officers before the game. Those acts would actually be comparable with the player protests, but making a true comparison of like events doesn't further the agenda of those making this argument.
    Of course there isn't. In fact there is plenty of evidence that before the games for years, they had a moment of silence for the people who lost their lives during the attacks, for the first responders, jet flyovers for the people serving in the war on terror. There were bowed heads and moments of silence for the Paris attack victims, the attacks in Barcelona, London. Let's go to the video tape!



    But bowed heads and bended knees for people scraping by in the projects, getting harassed or even killed by police, going to shitty schoolsówhateveróthat's a bridge too far.

    When will the boycotters be honest and admit that they are responsible for killing the NFL? People just don't take responsibility for their actions anymore.
    Thanks from boontito, Blueneck and jacobfitcher

  7. #57
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    88,612
    Thanks
    64490

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    It's actually comparing a tribute that very few people would object to with a divisive, disrespectful act that drove away fans.
    Yes, thanks for finally admitting one of the many times you insist on comparing two different things saying they're the same.

    This will help.

  8. #58
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,600
    Thanks
    22347

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Yes, thanks for finally admitting one of the many times you insist on comparing two different things saying they're the same.

    This will help.
    Thank you for making a completely meaningless distinction.

  9. #59
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,475
    Thanks
    9422

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    That's not how freedom of speech works. You don't only get it sometimes. Roger Goodell made his call. He decided that allowing players to act like disrespectful punks during the National Anthem was more important than honoring 9-11 victims. Those are his prioirities. Fine. Now he can live with this.. https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...-dip/23235396/
    The NFL doesn't honor 9-11 victims?

    We are talking about the National Football League, right?


  10. #60
    Senior Member Sparta's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    20,963
    Thanks
    8129

    From
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Never had their pizza, is it any good?
    It's fast food
    Thanks from boontito

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th January 2016, 10:35 AM
  2. Pizza ain't it!
    By ∆thelfrith in forum Education
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 25th April 2013, 12:49 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed