Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: Roger Stone Penning Book About Trump's Ouster

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,416
    Thanks
    30683

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio

    Roger Stone Penning Book About Trump's Ouster

    Vanity Fair, December 13, 2017 article "Nikki Haley Stuck A Knife In His Back".

    Firstly, isn't STONE betraying Trump more than Haley ever could, by doing a VF interview implying Trump's Impeachment is now inevitable?

    Secondly, it is important how the narrative of why he is forced out is shaped by the Reich wing blogosphere. The risk of inciting domestic terror attacks and hate crimes is potentially very grave.

    I am a little baffled by Stone's behavior.

    Any theories on why he gave this interview now?

  2. #2
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    43,363
    Thanks
    27985

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Not sure why this wasn't in the OP:

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...-fall-of-trump
    Thanks from Madeline

  3. #3
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    34,260
    Thanks
    31541

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Not sure why this wasn't in the OP:

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...-fall-of-trump
    That link doesn't work for me, although I was able to find the article on their homepage.

  4. #4
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    43,363
    Thanks
    27985

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Weird... I just tried the link again, and it works.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    25,220
    Thanks
    18200

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    That link doesn't work for me, although I was able to find the article on their homepage.
    Worked for me. Came up fine.

  6. #6
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    62,698
    Thanks
    34322

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Vanity Fair, December 13, 2017 article "Nikki Haley Stuck A Knife In His Back".

    Firstly, isn't STONE betraying Trump more than Haley ever could, by doing a VF interview implying Trump's Impeachment is now inevitable?

    Secondly, it is important how the narrative of why he is forced out is shaped by the Reich wing blogosphere. The risk of inciting domestic terror attacks and hate crimes is potentially very grave.

    I am a little baffled by Stone's behavior.

    Any theories on why he gave this interview now?
    Stone and Trump learned their craft from Roy Cohn. The key to the Cohn strategy is sowing chaos. Lie about them before they can tell the truth about you. Be a wild card. This is all about inoculating the president against legitimate action by claiming it's all a scheming plot--even as you engage in a scheming plot yourself.

    This is the guy who claimed he was going to discover the room numbers of anti-Trump GOP delegates, bring thugs with him, and threaten them physically. I don't think he ever did it, but just putting the message out their had its effect. This is more of the same.

    This about that old lawyer joke: pound the table.
    Thanks from Madeline, Babba and Ian Jeffrey

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,416
    Thanks
    30683

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Stone and Trump learned their craft from Roy Cohn. The key to the Cohn strategy is sowing chaos. Lie about them before they can tell the truth about you. Be a wild card. This is all about inoculating the president against legitimate action by claiming it's all a scheming plot--even as you engage in a scheming plot yourself.

    This is the guy who claimed he was going to discover the room numbers of anti-Trump GOP delegates, bring thugs with him, and threaten them physically. I don't think he ever did it, but just putting the message out their had its effect. This is more of the same.

    This about that old lawyer joke: pound the table.
    So, do you think Trump gave Stone the green light?

    It would make sense that he'd be testing out the best possible narrative for his departure.

  8. #8
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    62,698
    Thanks
    34322

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    So, do you think Trump gave Stone the green light?

    It would make sense that he'd be testing out the best possible narrative for his departure.
    Or scaring the very people who could oust him back into line. For his cabinet to suggest he's not mentally stable and should be removed would require a conspiracy. Nothing makes conspirators scatter like the idea they've been found out. For the moment, at least, Stone is responding to one independent-minded member of the cabinet--and one remark. I think talking about her in this way makes it less likely others will publicly or overtly defy the president. Who wants Roger Stone making a public fuss over you? Could be he's not actually writing anything--he's just pretending to so he can get this story in Vanity Faire. That's the real goal.

    I think hell for a lawyer would be having to depose Roger Stone. OMG! He'd be arguing that the person asking the questions was the real criminal and had actually committed the crime in question.

    Die with the lie.
    Last edited by Rasselas; 14th December 2017 at 08:30 AM.
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #9
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    34,260
    Thanks
    31541

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Worked for me. Came up fine.
    Maybe it's because I'm on a PC, rather than a phone?

    At any rate, I'm not really interested in anything that Roger Stone has to say.

  10. #10
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,335
    Thanks
    15583

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm on a PC, rather than a phone?

    At any rate, I'm not really interested in anything that Roger Stone has to say.
    I can't see it in the older IE browser but can with Microsoft Edge, the newer browser. Any time I have a issue with the old one I just use Edge.
    Last edited by Minotaur; 14th December 2017 at 09:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th July 2017, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th March 2017, 06:10 PM
  3. Trump adviser Roger Stone on the Romney interview.
    By thrilling in forum Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th December 2016, 08:54 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28th May 2016, 10:40 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd February 2016, 05:17 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed