Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 93
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: Texas Transgender Boy Wins State Girls' Championship Title

  1. #51
    Cyborg Coyote's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,473
    Thanks
    7870

    From
    Unimatrix Zero
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    The other girls those matches were at a distinct disadvantage. We can agree on that....yes?
    No, we cannot, because this phrase right here tells me that:

    * You fundamentally view Mack as female
    (Because you apparently know him better than he knows himself, which is pretty amazing when you think about it, because you've never met him)

    * Instead of suggesting that he be allowed to wrestle with the other boys on a truly level playing field, which appears to be on the surface your primary concern, you're suggesting that he give up team sports altogether, which is how he got a scholarship. You want to take away something other boys are given without question.

    Again, why don't you just come out and say what you really mean?

  2. #52
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,250
    Thanks
    19395

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    No, we cannot, because this phrase right here tells me that:

    * You fundamentally view Mack as female
    (Because you apparently know him better than he knows himself, which is pretty amazing when you think about it, because you've never met him)

    * Instead of suggesting that he be allowed to wrestle with the other boys on a truly level playing field, which appears to be on the surface your primary concern, you're suggesting that he give up team sports altogether, which is how he got a scholarship. You want to take away something other boys are given without question.

    Again, why don't you just come out and say what you really mean?
    Trying to have a conversation. No hidden agenda.

    You just seem determined to pick a fight. (Which is ok, too....)
    Thanks from syrenn

  3. #53
    Cyborg Coyote's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,473
    Thanks
    7870

    From
    Unimatrix Zero
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Trying to have a conversation. No hidden agenda.

    You just seem determined to pick a fight. (Which is ok, too....)
    Six years of people arguing you shouldn't exist can make a person rather defensive. (More, really, because before I was out even to myself I watched people for years repeatedly try to tear down Mare Tranquillity, and that's why you won't find her on any forums anymore)

    So please explain then why you think this person should be required to give up competitive sports altogether because they're on low dose hormone replacement therapy.
    Last edited by Coyote; 28th February 2018 at 05:36 AM.
    Thanks from pragmatic

  4. #54
    Member Robert Urbanek's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,384
    Thanks
    1442

    From
    Vacaville, CA
    If you have boy leagues and girl leagues and you are an individual who is transition between the sexes, then you shouldn't compete in either. Life isn't always fair.
    Thanks from syrenn

  5. #55
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,483
    Thanks
    10889

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    If you have boy leagues and girl leagues and you are an individual who is transition between the sexes, then you shouldn't compete in either. Life isn't always fair.
    Why shouldn't you? If you transition to male, why not wrestle males? You're taking testosterone, and males produce their own. No unfair advantage.

    Natural born males who have a testicular problem are allowed to take supplemental testosterone, and no one says they are on performance enhancing drugs.
    Thanks from Coyote

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,922
    Thanks
    21826

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
    Sounds like Texas needs to rethink that whole "Compete under your birth gender" rule.
    Or a special competition for transgendered people. The winner still had testosterone

  7. #57
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    14,580
    Thanks
    7072

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Mack Beggs finished the season 32-0. And for the second year in a row won the state championship for that weight class.

    You can't be suggesting it was just a coincidence that Mack Beggs was taking hormone supplements?? (PEDs or TRTs or whatever.)


    The other girls in those matches were at a distinct disadvantage. We can agree on that....yes?

    dont even bother.. this is just more of the agenda.


    dont change your vocabulary to suit the agenda.

  8. #58
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,631
    Thanks
    584

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    You should know by now, being born with a vagina is below being a girl by choice. Any girl that dares speak up is a bigot. Besides, this is just being used to make fun of a Texas law. We know the drugs gave this person the advantage.
    Yes, a good part of it anyway. I seem to remember a time when Soviet Olympic athletes were notorious for it.

  9. #59
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37,853
    Thanks
    22689

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    Yes, a good part of it anyway. I seem to remember a time when Soviet Olympic athletes were notorious for it.
    That's East Germany you're thinking of.

  10. #60
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,117
    Thanks
    17879

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    If you have boy leagues and girl leagues and you are an individual who is transition between the sexes, then you shouldn't compete in either. Life isn't always fair.
    What is the problem competing with boys?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trans Boy wins Girls HS wrestling title
    By Sparta in forum Current Events
    Replies: 415
    Last Post: 18th December 2017, 12:52 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th March 2014, 09:59 AM
  3. CO Transgender 1st grader wins civil rights case
    By BDBoop in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 19th December 2013, 06:39 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed