Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91
Thanks Tree20Thanks

Thread: Alternative Explanation for Benghazi Talking Points

  1. #61
    Lebowski Urban Achiever Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    41,895
    Thanks
    5456

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    "Commandeered a small jet in Tripoli", paid the pilot 30 grand and forced him to fly to Benghazi.

    That's actually a key piece of information.
    They had to. They were ordered to stand down. But guys like Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty are heroes and they weren't going to let orders from risk adverse suits stop them from saving lives. Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty ended up paying for those 32 lives with their own because people in Washington DC had decided that it was too late to save those 32 men and women.
    Last edited by Macduff; 14th May 2013 at 10:04 AM.

  2. #62
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2704

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    They had to. They were ordered to stand down. But guys like Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty are heroes and they weren't going to let orders from risk adverse suits stop them from saving lives. Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty ended up paying for those 32 lives with his own because people in Washington DC had decided that it was too late to save those 32 men and women.
    There was a C-130 gunship in orbit during this event, and at least one drone.

    I ain't buying their excuses!

  3. #63
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4664

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    They had to. They were ordered to stand down. But guys like Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty are heroes and they weren't going to let orders from risk adverse suits stop them from saving lives. Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty ended up paying for those 32 lives with their own because people in Washington DC had decided that it was too late to save those 32 men and women.
    Yeah. So the whole reason we even had "any response at all" to the embassy attack, was 'cause four of our guys wouldn't take "stand down" as an answer.

    In other words, if these guys hadn't disobeyed orders and gone in, we would have lost all those 30+ CIA operatives, and all their sophisticated technological equipment.

    These coupla guys rescued 30 Americans and killed about 100 terrorists. And paid with their lives. And got no support.

  4. #64
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4664

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    There was a C-130 gunship in orbit during this event, and at least one drone.

    I ain't buying their excuses!
    The AC-130 is still "just a rumor", isn't it?

    There's only one or two DoD guys who claim to have knowledge that "it was definitely there", yes?

  5. #65
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2704

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    The AC-130 is still "just a rumor", isn't it?

    There's only one or two DoD guys who claim to have knowledge that "it was definitely there", yes?
    No it's fact. It is one one of my threads. The drone is fact also.

  6. #66
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2704

    From
    FEMA Region 10

  7. #67
    Lebowski Urban Achiever Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    41,895
    Thanks
    5456

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Yeah. So the whole reason we even had "any response at all" to the embassy attack, was 'cause four of our guys wouldn't take "stand down" as an answer.

    In other words, if these guys hadn't disobeyed orders and gone in, we would have lost all those 30+ CIA operatives, and all their sophisticated technological equipment.

    These coupla guys rescued 30 Americans and killed about 100 terrorists. And paid with their lives. And got no support.
    Ann Althouse had a theory about it.
    I think [Obama] is ashamed. Here's what I've been assuming happened: It looked like our people were overwhelmed and doomed, so there was shock, sadness, and acceptance. But then the fight went on for 7 or 8 hours. The White House folk decided there was nothing to do but accept the inevitable, and then they witnessed a valiant fight which they had done nothing to support. It was always too late to help. It was too late after one hour, then too late after 2 hours, then too late after 3 hours.... When were these people going to die already? After that was all over, how do you explain what you did?
    Thanks from nonsqtr

  8. #68
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4664

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Let's see.... humor me here for a minute please. This is Brietbart with no links to sources. Do you have the original sources, or something closer?

    This article you linked to is making two important claims:

    1. Two drones, not just one. I know about one, it's documented and verified. I don't know about the other.
    2. An AC-130 in range. That's the part I'm looking for confirmation on. If it can be factually established there was an AC-130 in range, well....

  9. #69
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4664

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Ann Althouse had a theory about it.
    Hm. That actually makes a certain amount of sense... at more than just a pop psychology level, perhaps.

    So then, if this was the prevailing mood at that moment, it might also help explain why Hillary's head went straight to the CYA.

  10. #70

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed