Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 187
Thanks Tree93Thanks

Thread: So, now "slut shaming" is an acceptable Sex Ed tool?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,170
    Thanks
    17533

    From
    Phoenix, AZ

    So, now "slut shaming" is an acceptable Sex Ed tool?

    A curriculum adopted by over 60 percent of Mississippi school districts instructs teachers to put on purity preservation exercises, like one that prompts students to “unwrap a piece of chocolate, pass it around class and observe how dirty it became.” As Marie Barnard, a Mississippi public health worker and parent, told the Los Angeles Times: “They're using the Peppermint Pattie to show that a girl is no longer clean or valuable after she's had sex—that she's been used...
    source

    And this in a state where 76% of teenagers will have had sex before they graduate high school. Don't you think our education dollar would be better spent teaching kids about birth control, than slut shaming. Oh, and for all of you who want to poo-poo ACA paying for birth control, asking if the guys don't have any clue about condoms? Well, apparently not, because we're too busy teaching kids that girls who have sex are no better than than dirty, used, worthless pieces of candy!

  2. #2
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42,408
    Thanks
    25022

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    source

    And this in a state where 76% of teenagers will have had sex before they graduate high school. Don't you think our education dollar would be better spent teaching kids about birth control, than slut shaming. Oh, and for all of you who want to poo-poo ACA paying for birth control, asking if the guys don't have any clue about condoms? Well, apparently not, because we're too busy teaching kids that girls who have sex are no better than than dirty, used, worthless pieces of candy!

    I would venture a guess that even if MS did enact sex education it wouldn't make one bit of a difference because the parents would opt out.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,170
    Thanks
    17533

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I would venture a guess that even if MS did enact sex education it wouldn't make one bit of a difference because the parents would opt out.
    Uh...they have enacted it, and this, in the majority of schools, is what passes for "sex education" in MS.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42,408
    Thanks
    25022

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Uh...they have enacted it, and this, in the majority of schools, is what passes for "sex education" in MS.
    Teen pregnancies are at their lowest in 30 years. Apparently MTVs show "16 and pregnant" has done more than any sex education ever has. lol


    Teen Pregnancy Rates Hit Historic Lows - Health - Boston.com
    Thanks from Snikitz

  5. #5
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,687
    Thanks
    11094

    From
    By the wall
    Good for Mississippi.

    Teaching how to use condoms is not going to discourage kids from having sex but showing the little skanks how filthy they get by allowing themselves to be groped by multiple guys just may.

    I applaud them for this move.

  6. #6
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,474
    Thanks
    12201

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Good for Mississippi.

    Teaching how to use condoms is not going to discourage kids from having sex but showing the little skanks how filthy they get by allowing themselves to be groped by multiple guys just may.

    I applaud them for this move.
    They have a cave troll!
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, Friday13 and Cicero

  7. #7
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    21

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    source

    And this in a state where 76% of teenagers will have had sex before they graduate high school. Don't you think our education dollar would be better spent teaching kids about birth control, than slut shaming. Oh, and for all of you who want to poo-poo ACA paying for birth control, asking if the guys don't have any clue about condoms? Well, apparently not, because we're too busy teaching kids that girls who have sex are no better than than dirty, used, worthless pieces of candy!
    What is wrong with associating bad behavior with "shame" why we need to bring back the stigma to discourage such.

  8. #8
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,187
    Thanks
    14906

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Good for Mississippi.

    Teaching how to use condoms is not going to discourage kids from having sex but showing the little skanks how filthy they get by allowing themselves to be groped by multiple guys just may.

    I applaud them for this move.
    Why do you characterize them as skanks?
    Thanks from Friday13 and Cicero

  9. #9
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    21

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    They have a cave troll!
    Well if Al Gore and all the "climate change" kooks get their way we will all be living in caves then PETA will demand we leave our caves because that is disturbing the habitat of some stupid animal.

  10. #10
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,687
    Thanks
    11094

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    Why do you characterize them as skanks?
    What else do you call girls that are easy?

    Tramps, hookers, sluts, a fun time?

    I was being polite.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When Is Flip-Flopping and "Playing" Politics Acceptable?
    By Telecaster in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20th March 2012, 05:52 PM
  2. 2 very telling OP-EDS on "Slut-gate" (Rush Limbaugh)
    By bonncaruso in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 389
    Last Post: 10th March 2012, 11:03 AM
  3. Ed Schultz calls Laura Iagraham a "right wing slut."
    By EnigmaO01 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27th May 2011, 09:09 PM
  4. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 2nd November 2010, 06:45 PM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 27th October 2008, 04:39 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed