Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Euthanasia: is it murder?

  1. #1
    gsandlin216

    Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Do you have the right to die or is it Murder?

    What is your view on this now very controversial topic. Should it be legal or not i don't know it's for you to discuss and decide.

    Here is a great article for the people that don't know to much about this topic or even for experts. it's a great article full of very convincing information a MUST READ for people interested in this topic.


    Story There
    Norton Done |

  2. #2
    lakeman

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    I am worried that we are going to get all mixed up right from the start.

    Let's get some vocabulary started.

    Euthanasia is the killing of another person for supposedly moral reasons.

    Murder is the illegal killing of another person.

    Execution is the state sponsored killing of another person.

    Assisination is the targeted killing of another person, usually sponsored by a group. Often of questionable legality.

    Suicide is the killing of oneself.

    Abortion is the killing of an unborn baby.

    In every example above it is a human that is being discussed. A few of you are going to say that a fetus is not a human. If you are going to delude yourself then you fall into the same category as the people who said that killing a black person was not murder because they were not human.

  3. #3
    lakeman

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Is euthanasia murder?

    I think the state has determined that there is a compelling interest in making it illegal. I don't know the justification for that legal ruling. But if the state has decided that, then it is murder.

    Should the state have decided that it has no compelling interests and that an individual and his doctor can decide between themselves? Good question.

  4. #4
    Migi e!

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Euthanasia, IMO, is wrong as well as a slippery slope.
    If a person wants to kill themself, not much anybody else can do about it, but "assisted suicide" (is what we're talking about) is as wrong as is abortion & state killings.

  5. #5
    Think for myself

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeman View Post


    In every example above it is a human that is being discussed. A few of you are going to say that a fetus is not a human. If you are going to delude yourself then you fall into the same category as the people who said that killing a black person was not murder because they were not human.
    Abortion is the removal of an unwanted clump of cells. The fetus does not have a soul or a personality. To equate an abortion with a lynching only does your argument a diservice.

  6. #6
    Sparta

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    I dont know if you can call it lynching if they do it to themselves. I'm all for it, I've never been on a horrific deathbed before so who am I to judge?

  7. #7
    lakeman

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Abortion is the removal of an unwanted clump of cells. The fetus does not have a soul or a personality. To equate an abortion with a lynching only does your argument a diservice.
    Much less than trying to equate a baby with a clump of cells.

  8. #8
    Think for myself

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Quote Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
    Much less than trying to equate a baby with a clump of cells.
    So you are saying that an abortion is morally equivalent to a bunch of rednecks hanging a black person? I'm sure our African American peers would like to hear from you that they are worth no more than a few week old clump of cells.

  9. #9
    Sparta

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    So you are saying that an abortion is morally equivalent to a bunch of rednecks hanging a black person? I'm sure our African American peers would like to hear from you that they are worth no more than a few week old clump of cells.
    Maybe it's no different at all. We don't really know because the baby is killed before it has a voice. Had I been aborted I'd be effin pissed right now.

  10. #10
    lakeman

    Re: Euthanasia: is it murder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Abortion is the removal of an unwanted clump of cells. The fetus does not have a soul or a personality. To equate an abortion with a lynching only does your argument a diservice.


    Sounds like you are making my case for me. I said that people used to say that black people were not human.

    And now several of you are saying that am embryo or a fetus is not human. Yes, you have your reasons for thinking so. But back in the time of slavery they had their reasons too. I think they actually said that a black person had no soul.

    Anyway, I know that no one is going to be persuaded to change their mind about abortion on this thread. I apologize to the person who created the thread for introducing the topic.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should Euthanasia be legal?
    By Amit in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 8th March 2011, 06:56 PM
  2. Opinions on Euthanasia?
    By Katiegrrl0 in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 16th December 2010, 09:52 AM
  3. Is coerced euthanasia in the Obama plan?
    By lakeman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 27th July 2009, 07:37 AM
  4. Ethics; euthanasia.
    By Darcy Smith in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th May 2007, 10:45 AM
  5. Euthanasia: For or Against?
    By Zarathustra in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 3rd May 2007, 11:41 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed