Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65
Thanks Tree28Thanks

Thread: Hillary is the Democrats' Etch-a-Sketch

  1. #1
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27977

    From
    Wisconsin

    Hillary is the Democrats' Etch-a-Sketch

    Can the Etch-a-Sketch win? Republicans are screwing up so badly that I'm sure she can. The likelihood of Republicans tightening up their game enough to overcome their xenophobic messaging and the media's amplification of their gaffes is pretty much nil.

    But is an Etch-a-Sketch really going to be the most competitive?



    Would be hilarious -- sad but hilarious -- if Clinton is chosen for supposed electability and then Democrats lose because they played it safe with the uninspiring vanilla candidate.

  2. #2
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27977

    From
    Wisconsin

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    49,370
    Thanks
    14781

    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Can the Etch-a-Sketch win? Republicans are screwing up so badly that I'm sure she can. The likelihood of Republicans tightening up their game enough to overcome their xenophobic messaging and the media's amplification of their gaffes is pretty much nil.

    But is an Etch-a-Sketch really going to be the most competitive?



    Would be hilarious -- sad but hilarious -- if Clinton is chosen for supposed electability and then Democrats lose because they played it safe with the uninspiring vanilla candidate.
    Don't worry, with the assholes the right has running anyone from the other side is electable.
    Thanks from the watchman

  4. #4
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    25,209
    Thanks
    17010

    From
    Missouri
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Etch-A-Sketch"? That her positions shift and change as political expedience dictates?

  5. #5
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27977

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Etch-A-Sketch"? That her positions shift and change as political expedience dictates?
    Yes.

    In a conspicuous way which includes revisionist history about her past positions.

  6. #6
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    25,209
    Thanks
    17010

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Yes.
    Well, she is most definitely that. But I guess I can't fault them for banking on that working better than "Socialist".

  7. #7
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27977

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    Well, she is most definitely that. But I guess I can't fault them for banking on that working better than "Socialist".

    Except the person she's chameleoning as she tries to find an acceptable pose is the "socialist".

  8. #8
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    25,209
    Thanks
    17010

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Except the person she's chameleoning as she tries to find an acceptable pose is the "socialist".
    Yes. But she's not CALLING it that. It depends on how closely the Dem primary voters are/end up looking at it.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Dr Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,905
    Thanks
    12158

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Etch-A-Sketch"? That her positions shift and change as political expedience dictates?
    Which, as she mentioned last night, EVERY POLITICIAN has done. I mean, Trump used to be democrat, he was pro choice, amongst other things that doesn't fit what he's selling now. BUt people claim he's being "genuine" and not "establishment". The delusions of people are astounding.

    This nonsense of "he/she lies" or "he/she is not trustworthy" is such nonsense, considering every Republican candidate not only lied many times at the debate, and kept defending the lie afterwards, but are on record saying opposite thing. You can find that for every politician.

    It's so ridiculous. None of those guys, who are basically duping people into believing they are the fundies they are trying to portray, are genuine or being honest.

  10. #10
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27977

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    Yes. But she's not CALLING it that. It depends on how closely the Dem primary voters are/end up looking at it.

    And no one is _calling_ her the etch-a-sketch that she is.

    So I did.

    She is the Democrats' Romney. Competent, but not standing for anything. And flopping around.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2015, 04:06 PM
  2. Who Else Do Democrats Have Besides Hillary?
    By Daktoria in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 26th May 2015, 12:35 PM
  3. Mitt Romney is an Etch-A-Sketch?!?!
    By Czernobog in forum Current Events
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 25th March 2012, 05:02 PM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 31st January 2012, 05:29 AM
  5. Teacher files charges vs. kid over gun sketch
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 18th June 2008, 04:50 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed