Members banned from this thread: Hillofbeans


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations

  1. #1
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    52,510
    Thanks
    40377

    From
    CA

    Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations

    Donald Trump's campaign is still soliciting illegal donations from foreign individuals – including members of foreign governments at their official email addresses — weeks after the campaign was put on notice by watchdog groups.


    Foreign members of parliament from the United Kingdom and Australia confirmed to The Hill that they received fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign as recently as July 12 — two weeks after a widely publicized FEC complaint issued on June 29 by non-partisan watchdogs Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center. These latest campaign finance violations were first reported by the investigative website "WhoWhatWhy" and have been confirmed by The Hill.
    The Trump campaign did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

    Terri Butler, a progressive Parliament member in Australia, told The Hill in a telephone interview Friday night that she was surprised to continue receiving fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign at her official government email address.

    Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations despite warnings | TheHill



    For a candidate who is running on a law and order stance, I guess he thinks that laws only apply to other people, not him.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24,525
    Thanks
    20636

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Donald Trump's campaign is still soliciting illegal donations from foreign individuals – including members of foreign governments at their official email addresses — weeks after the campaign was put on notice by watchdog groups.


    Foreign members of parliament from the United Kingdom and Australia confirmed to The Hill that they received fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign as recently as July 12 — two weeks after a widely publicized FEC complaint issued on June 29 by non-partisan watchdogs Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center. These latest campaign finance violations were first reported by the investigative website "WhoWhatWhy" and have been confirmed by The Hill.
    The Trump campaign did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

    Terri Butler, a progressive Parliament member in Australia, told The Hill in a telephone interview Friday night that she was surprised to continue receiving fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign at her official government email address.

    Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations despite warnings | TheHill



    For a candidate who is running on a law and order stance, I guess he thinks that laws only apply to other people, not him.
    That's his kids doing that, they are making themselves look like fools. And I hope the FEC does investigate and prosecutes the Trump kids; they deserve it

  3. #3
    Julian Assange Wrangler's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,487
    Thanks
    140

    From
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Donald Trump's campaign is still soliciting illegal donations from foreign individuals – including members of foreign governments at their official email addresses — weeks after the campaign was put on notice by watchdog groups.


    Foreign members of parliament from the United Kingdom and Australia confirmed to The Hill that they received fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign as recently as July 12 — two weeks after a widely publicized FEC complaint issued on June 29 by non-partisan watchdogs Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center. These latest campaign finance violations were first reported by the investigative website "WhoWhatWhy" and have been confirmed by The Hill.
    The Trump campaign did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

    Terri Butler, a progressive Parliament member in Australia, told The Hill in a telephone interview Friday night that she was surprised to continue receiving fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign at her official government email address.

    Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations despite warnings | TheHill



    For a candidate who is running on a law and order stance, I guess he thinks that laws only apply to other people, not him.
    Jealousy.
    You guys are funny, lmmfao!!!

  4. #4
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    52,510
    Thanks
    40377

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    That's his kids doing that, they are making themselves look like fools. And I hope the FEC does investigate and prosecutes the Trump kids; they deserve it
    Makes sense. Seems like they pull all the strings behind the scenes.

    So in reality, people are voting for the Trump kids to be POTUS...

    Figures, they probably don't think the laws apply to them either.
    Thanks from Friday13

  5. #5
    Julian Assange Wrangler's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,487
    Thanks
    140

    From
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Makes sense. Seems like they pull all the strings behind the scenes.

    So in reality, people are voting for the Trump kids to be POTUS...

    Figures, they probably don't think the laws apply to them either.
    They are copying Obama and Hillary.

  6. #6
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37,775
    Thanks
    35590

    From
    United States
    The FEC is a toothless organization. By design, they have no capacity to actually enforce election laws. The FEC was created in 1975 to give the impression that "Congress had done something" to address the problem of campaign finance law violations. The entire Federal Election Campaign Act of 1974 was also just such a scam, intended to quell the American people's demand for publicly financed federal elections. It functioned exactly as it was designed to function, as it is a completely dysfunctional hoodwink.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,447
    Thanks
    3181

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
    They are copying Obama and Hillary.
    Ya, Clinton gets tens of millions from Saudi Arabia, and China, and that's no big deal... But even the prospect of seeking out something similar, and hilla-bots are on the hate machine.
    Thanks from Hillofbeans and Wrangler

  8. #8
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    83

    From
    US
    The mental midgets are at it again. I don't think I've ever seen such a cluster fk of lefty stupid as I have on this site.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  9. #9
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    35,979
    Thanks
    30649

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Donald Trump's campaign is still soliciting illegal donations from foreign individuals – including members of foreign governments at their official email addresses — weeks after the campaign was put on notice by watchdog groups.


    Foreign members of parliament from the United Kingdom and Australia confirmed to The Hill that they received fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign as recently as July 12 — two weeks after a widely publicized FEC complaint issued on June 29 by non-partisan watchdogs Democracy 21 and the Campaign Legal Center. These latest campaign finance violations were first reported by the investigative website "WhoWhatWhy" and have been confirmed by The Hill.
    The Trump campaign did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

    Terri Butler, a progressive Parliament member in Australia, told The Hill in a telephone interview Friday night that she was surprised to continue receiving fundraising solicitations from the Trump campaign at her official government email address.

    Trump campaign solicits illegal foreign donations despite warnings | TheHill



    For a candidate who is running on a law and order stance, I guess he thinks that laws only apply to other people, not him.
    The real question is why all those that make law and order and ethics a hallmark of their being...are so willing excuse away Trump's glaring shortcomings.
    Thanks from Babba

  10. #10
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    35,979
    Thanks
    30649

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillofbeans View Post
    The mental midgets are at it again. I don't think I've ever seen such a cluster fk of lefty stupid as I have on this site.
    This site is renowned for it's mental midgets consistently tearing the fuck apart the moronic right wing nut job's arguments.

    It's what it's known for.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30th June 2016, 07:13 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd March 2016, 04:37 PM
  3. New: Clinton Foundation hid 1,100 foreign donations.
    By Goofball in forum Current Events
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 30th April 2015, 06:03 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th May 2014, 03:22 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th May 2013, 02:20 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed