Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 169
Thanks Tree79Thanks

Thread: James Comey just violated the Hatch Act

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,457
    Thanks
    18146

    From
    Mass and Florida

    James Comey just violated the Hatch Act

    Comey is now using his government position to try to get Trump elected.

    The Hatch Act of 1939, officially An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law whose main provision prohibits employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president, vice-president, and certain designated high-level officials of that branch, from engaging in some forms of political activity. The law was named for Senator Carl Hatch of New Mexico. It was most recently amended in 2012.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatch_Act_of_1939

  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,087
    Thanks
    10982

    From
    By the wall
    How exactly is he using it to get Trump elected.

    All you did was link to the act which we already know about.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,457
    Thanks
    18146

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    How exactly is he using it to get Trump elected.

    All you did was link to the act which we already know about.
    By implying that HRC could indeed be indicted and not revealing the source of nature of Anthony Weiner's emails.
    He should be contacting Obama not 8 Republican chairmen in Congress.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Bourne

  4. #4
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,959
    Thanks
    17502

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Comey is now using his government position to try to get Trump elected.

    The Hatch Act of 1939, officially An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law whose main provision prohibits employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president, vice-president, and certain designated high-level officials of that branch, from engaging in some forms of political activity. The law was named for Senator Carl Hatch of New Mexico. It was most recently amended in 2012.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatch_Act_of_1939
    Yep.

    Guilty as hell.


    That prick.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30,028
    Thanks
    10934

    From
    on the river
    hehehe. then it could be argued he violated it with his highly suspect non-recommendation.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,179
    Thanks
    17990

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    hehehe. then it could be argued he violated it with his highly suspect non-recommendation.
    Why did he go outside the chain of command?

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,087
    Thanks
    10982

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    By implying that HRC could indeed be indicted and not revealing the source of nature of Anthony Weiner's emails.
    He should be contacting Obama not 8 Republican chairmen in Congress.
    So he is implying something, not actually doing anything?

    Do I have that right?

  8. #8
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,426
    Thanks
    39458

    From
    becoming more and more
    something tells me Comey is smarter than that. Although, I do agree that his behavior has been highly unusual through out this whole process. I think it's actually human error. Giving him the same benefit of the doubt he gave Hillary Clinton here. I don't see a deliberate attempt to rigged the election ( and here's the great irony). I just think he was "extremely careless".
    Last edited by the watchman; 28th October 2016 at 05:18 PM.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44,953
    Thanks
    31955

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30,028
    Thanks
    10934

    From
    on the river
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Why did he go outside the chain of command?
    Comey? he's at the top of the FBI's chain of command. are you suggesting he needs permission from Dear Leader to comment on FBI investigations...or just ones pertaining to your queen?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. James Comey’s Clinton Immunity
    By Macduff in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th September 2016, 08:05 AM
  2. James Comey relation with Clintons audio podcast.
    By THOR in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th September 2016, 12:18 PM
  3. Will James Comey Recommend That the DOJ File Charges on HRC
    By John T Ford in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21st January 2016, 06:25 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd May 2014, 02:29 PM
  5. Report: George W. Bush aides violated Hatch Act
    By jackalope in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th January 2011, 08:40 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed