Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 143
Thanks Tree53Thanks

Thread: Rep. Tim Ryan: Democrats Will Cease To Be National Party

  1. #61
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    39,089
    Thanks
    30483

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I agree although I see wild swings in the future. People aren't as loyal anymore as they once were to a party. Plus millennials are over 40% independent so they wont have loyalties and it could affect whether they stay home or vote third party in the future if they don't like the 2 parties.
    Depends on who the candidates of the two major parties are.
    Thanks from cable2

  2. #62
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    42,451
    Thanks
    30392

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Ryan has a point about the Democratic Party dumping the working class for the donor class.

    He also has a point about the Democratic Party being decimated and in need of change or they will lose all and any national influence they have.

    True, his comments may be aimed at boosting his chances of ousting Pelosi, but his comments also ring true.
    Ryan is from the area that Trump won. It is time for Nancy to step aside. Let a younger, more worker oriented.

    Nancy was great but is now past her sell date. So is Mitch McConnell.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    40,259
    Thanks
    23743

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Depends on who the candidates of the two major parties are.
    Its more dependent on generations if you ask me. The younger one is, the more progressive. They have shown they wont vote or show up unless interested. So if no new motivational candidates step up, the senior citizen boomers will decide for a few more elections.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    40,259
    Thanks
    23743

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Ryan is from the area that Trump won. It is time for Nancy to step aside. Let a younger, more worker oriented.

    Nancy was great but is now past her sell date. So is Mitch McConnell.
    I heard a commentator saying she cant step down because she brings big donors to the party. Ryan wants to have more individual donors. It will be a big tug of war. Old ways vs the new.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    22,781
    Thanks
    6432

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Ryan is from the area that Trump won. It is time for Nancy to step aside. Let a younger, more worker oriented.

    Nancy was great but is now past her sell date. So is Mitch McConnell.
    Ryan is a Democrat, not exactly a Trump supporter.

    However, I agree with you about Pelosi and Mitchell and I think that is the point Ryan is trying to make.

    Although, I understand he is challenging Pelosi, and stands something too gain here, I also believe he is saying these things out of genuine concern for his party.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    22,781
    Thanks
    6432

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I heard a commentator saying she cant step down because she brings big donors to the party. Ryan wants to have more individual donors. It will be a big tug of war. Old ways vs the new.
    I think that's what Ryan's saying. I think he is also saying the old way has lead to the destruction of the party and will continue if the party does not reorganize.
    Thanks from bajisima

  7. #67
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,292
    Thanks
    5330

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Ryan has a point about the Democratic Party dumping the working class for the donor class.

    He also has a point about the Democratic Party being decimated and in need of change or they will lose all and any national influence they have.

    True, his comments may be aimed at boosting his chances of ousting Pelosi, but his comments also ring true.
    Yes, and the GOP had their hangover after the 2012 election, with leading voices calling on themselves to stop being the stupid party.... And what happened?
    They just now learned that the stupider they get, the better it works for them...
    I don't put it past the Dems to try the same strategy, and to succeed. The American voter is deciding the elections, not the parties... But being stupid as a party, seems to help a lot with the electorate.

  8. #68
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    39,089
    Thanks
    30483

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Its more dependent on generations if you ask me. The younger one is, the more progressive. They have shown they wont vote or show up unless interested. So if no new motivational candidates step up, the senior citizen boomers will decide for a few more elections.
    Obama was able to bridge all of that. Corey Booker is similar off the top of my head.

    Kamlia Harris as well.

  9. #69
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    22,781
    Thanks
    6432

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    Yes, and the GOP had their hangover after the 2012 election, with leading voices calling on themselves to stop being the stupid party.... And what happened?
    They just now learned that the stupider they get, the better it works for them...
    I don't put it past the Dems to try the same strategy, and to succeed. The American voter is deciding the elections, not the parties... But being stupid as a party, seems to help a lot with the electorate.
    I think the American voter is much smarter than that.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    22,781
    Thanks
    6432

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Obama was able to bridge all of that. Corey Booker is similar off the top of my head.

    Kamlia Harris as well.
    The Country is much more divided than ever before.

    Thus is Obama's legacy along with the complete destruction of the Democratic Party.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Democratic Party No Longer a National Party
    By John T Ford in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16th November 2016, 01:42 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15th June 2016, 04:46 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th April 2016, 11:49 AM
  4. Republican Budget Plan to Eliminate National Debt: Ryan
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 5th April 2011, 04:47 PM
  5. Third Party Founding-National Use Your Fu__ing Head Party
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th March 2009, 04:30 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed