Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 95
Thanks Tree85Thanks

Thread: CIA Rejects Claim Russia Hacked Election

  1. #61
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41,897
    Thanks
    32438

    From
    CA
    I've only posted this Joint Statement from the 17 intelligence agencies about 10 times now - and apparently some people still either don't understand or get it.

    The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/...ector-national

    I don't understand all the objections to the planned investigation by some, it will tell if the CIA assessment is right or wrong. For sure the same people objecting to this story sure didn't seem to have a problem with the Benghazi investigation that was finally just closed yesterday - after 3 damn years.

    And this is far more egregious matter.
    Thanks from Howey

  2. #62
    Established Member Constitutional Sheepdog's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    579

    From
    Kannapolis North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    I've only posted this Joint Statement from the 17 intelligence agencies about 10 times now - and apparently some people still either don't understand or get it.

    The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/...ector-national

    I don't understand all the objections to the planned investigation by some, it will tell if the CIA assessment is right or wrong. For sure the same people objecting to this story sure didn't seem to have a problem with the Benghazi investigation that was finally just closed yesterday - after 3 damn years.

    And this is far more egregious matter.
    Wasn't it also the CIA who said Iraq had WMD's?

  3. #63
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41,897
    Thanks
    32438

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Sheepdog View Post
    Wasn't it also the CIA who said Iraq had WMD's?
    Oh look, you took your "talking" point straight from Trump...how creative of you.

  4. #64
    Conservative Goddess Bronwyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6,230
    Thanks
    1626

    From
    CA
    How about the CIA being investigated by the Inspector General for skewing intelligence about ISIS? Haven't heard the democrats address that yet.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6660

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    I've only posted this Joint Statement from the 17 intelligence agencies about 10 times now - and apparently some people still either don't understand or get it.

    The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/...ector-national

    I don't understand all the objections to the planned investigation by some, it will tell if the CIA assessment is right or wrong. For sure the same people objecting to this story sure didn't seem to have a problem with the Benghazi investigation that was finally just closed yesterday - after 3 damn years.

    And this is far more egregious matter.
    Well, not according to the, admittedly conservative, national review there hj.

    No, Hillary, 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies Did Not Say Russia Hacked Dem E-mails

    Read more at: Hillary Clinton -- Democratic Emails Hacked by Russia | National Review

  6. #66
    Veteran Member HenryPorter's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,504
    Thanks
    10127

    From
    N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicnam View Post
    Good link -

    'Could the Russian state be linked to hacking to influence the 2016 U.S. election? Intelligence analysts, again, reiterate there is no overwhelming current evidence to definitively link any government to such rogue actions.'
    Its a nutjob site. Specializes in exactly what YOU want to hear.
    Thanks from HayJenn

  7. #67
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    7,084
    Thanks
    5609

    From
    Florida
    Lol...

  8. #68
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41,897
    Thanks
    32438

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Well, not according to the, admittedly conservative, national review there hj.

    No, Hillary, 17 U.S. Intelligence Agencies Did Not Say Russia Hacked Dem E-mails

    Read more at: Hillary Clinton -- Democratic Emails Hacked by Russia | National Review
    First part of the statement I posted


    The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC)

    Oh look, it's comprised of 17 intelligence agencies

    https://www.dni.gov/index.php/intell...bers-of-the-ic

    Sorry, your article is wrong.

  9. #69
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6660

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    First part of the statement I posted


    The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC)

    Oh look, it's comprised of 17 intelligence agencies

    https://www.dni.gov/index.php/intell...bers-of-the-ic

    Sorry, your article is wrong.
    Well, hj, this is what my source says.

    ........An unclassified October 7, 2016 joint DNI-DHS statement on this issue said the hacks . . . are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow — the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europa and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia’s senior-most officials could have authorized these activities. Saying we think the hacks “are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts” is far short of saying we have evidence that Russia has been responsible for the hacks. Maybe high-level officials would have authorized them if Russian hackers were responsible, but the DNI and DHS statement did NOT say there was evidence Russia was responsible........

    Read more at: Hillary Clinton -- Democratic Emails Hacked by Russia | National Review

    Here's what another source says about this situation. So.....it's saying the same thing, odni, oversees 17 intelligence agencies and hasn't endorsed the cia's assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence.

    Exclusive: Top U.S. spy agency has not embraced CIA assessment on Russia hacking - sources | Reuters

    The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday.

    While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named.

    The position of the ODNI, which oversees the 17 agency-strong U.S. intelligence community, could give Trump fresh ammunition to dispute the CIA assessment, which he rejected as "ridiculous" in weekend remarks, and press his assertion that no evidence implicates Russia in the cyber attacks.

    Trump's rejection of the CIA's judgment marks the latest in a string of disputes over Russia's international conduct that have erupted between the president-elect and the intelligence community he will soon command........

  10. #70
    Moderator Nicnam's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,726
    Thanks
    3262

    From
    :> )
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicnam View Post
    Good link -

    'Could the Russian state be linked to hacking to influence the 2016 U.S. election? Intelligence analysts, again, reiterate there is no overwhelming current evidence to definitively link any government to such rogue actions.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    Good ol' True Pundit.

    Another fake news outlet favored by our alt right morons.

    Same folks responsible for this bomb:

    BREAKING: Comey Mandates All FBI Agents Report to D.C. Offices; Prep for Raids, Possible Arrests in Clinton Probes | True Pundit

    Ok, thanks but your link doesn't prove what I highlighted to be wrong or false.

    Here's someone responsible for the bomb I quoted-

    James Clapper, the director of national intelligence told the House Intelligence Committee at an open hearing last month that there was not enough evidence to show a connection between Russia and the 'emails releases' from WikiLeaks.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 250
    Last Post: 19th December 2016, 11:35 AM
  2. I don't care if Russia hacked the DNC
    By Meursault in forum Current Events
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 30th July 2016, 07:38 PM
  3. Judge Rejects Obama's Privilege Claim - Fast and Furious
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th January 2016, 12:24 PM
  4. Ottawa rejects Abdelraziks' torture claim
    By AgentM in forum World Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th February 2010, 11:01 AM
  5. Will The Next Election Be Hacked?
    By Inkslinger in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st October 2006, 07:06 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed