Members banned from this thread: WisconsinCheeseNip


Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116
Thanks Tree116Thanks

Thread: "The Leftwing Has Placed Itself In The Trash Can Of History" - Paul Craig Roberts

  1. #41
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,798
    Thanks
    12300

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    PC is dead. duplicitous, insincere people like you killed it with stupid bullshit like this ^^
    PC is not dead, it's just been usurped redirected and changed its initials to TC or NC. Trump correctness or neo correctness and it's purpose is not to include more people and work to remove discrimination, but to promote discrimination and mistrust of anyone and anything that does not bow down to Emperor Trump and all his sheriff's of Nottingham types.

    Now one must be Trump/Neo correct or they are deemed "enemies of T R U M P", the nation formerly called the United States of America.
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 23rd February 2017 at 05:27 PM.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    34,208
    Thanks
    26986

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    I love how this motley cure of GOP factions has not even accomplished one major piece of legislation and they are pondering the health of the DNC.

    We have Trumpers, establishment GOP and the extreme right wing yet to figure out how to fund a wall, deport 11 million illegal aliens, provide an alternative to ACA, and bring back jobs to the middle class and give cut taxes to the wealthy.

    Lets all wait till August to proclaim the GOP fixed.
    You think that after years of passing legislation to repeal the ACA only to have Obama veto it, they'd have gotten that done, first thing, now that they control everything.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  3. #43
    Established Member Redwood's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,886
    Thanks
    4419

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinCheeseNip View Post
    Could the Left Wing, Democrat Party [aka Progressives] media be any more hypocritical?

    First, Hollywood tries to upend the inauguration w/ celebs Martin Sheen, Mike Farrell doing a nation-wide
    TV ad asking delegates to switch votes.



    Then, Hollywoods Michael Moore, DeNiro makes horses rear ends of themselves- at the inauguration protest calling Trump a sociopath, and now the stupid Democrat Party obstructionism of every move Trump makes.




    The Leftwing Has Placed Itself


    In The Trash Can Of History

    Paul Craig Roberts

    "At a time when the Western world desperately needs alternative voices to the neoliberals, the neoconservatives, the presstitutes and the Trump de-regulationists, there are none. The Western leftwing has gone insane.

    The voices being raised against Trump, who does need voices raised against him, are so hypocritical as to reflect less on Trump than on those with raised voices."




    The Leftwing Has Placed Itself In The Trash Can Of History -- Paul Craig Roberts - PaulCraigRoberts.org
    Not familiar with this guy,roberts I checked out his site.... seems he's ANTI ...just about everything. Certainly Dems and the Media but also Conservatives. He seems frustrated that trump is a blundering bozo.. as he sort of seemed to want SOME savior from outside the spectum of knowing ANYTHING about being a President. He already sees (as most do) that even if that idea made sense... trump is NOT the Answer. And so? Mr Roberts is like a boy trying to jerk off ...no hands. He's discarded pretty much all options but ...what is left is.....nothingness. So our Cheese eating RAT... cherry picked.. deceptively. Roberts does not seem okay with ANY part of any of this... it ain't only DEMS.

    Bypassing Roberts and Cheese Rat....Trump has "power" but is CLUELESS and clumsy. Repubs have power but....their NASTY, ignorant agenda is already getting messy. The TIDE is turning. Repubs are run and hide in places that they THOUGHT were safe. Trump let the dogs off the leash and they are VERY bad dogs. So... the dogs are biting kids, old folks and crapping everyplace and Trump is dancing in the yard with no pants..ranting about how he's god-like.

    Yes.. dems screwed up a good thing.. and now, it's seeming repubs will screw up BIGGER.....more Bigly. huge biggaly

  4. #44
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,874
    Thanks
    28036

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Yet another inappropriate RW reference to anal rape.
    Well, he could just be talking about hemorrhoids. Maybe he's got a bad case of hemorrhoids. Quite painful, I've heard.

  5. #45
    Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    2013

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    Leftists comprise twentyish percent of the population. they're just loudmouths...aided and abetted by the fake news and entertainment media they've infiltrated and corrupted towards ideological ends.

    This relatively small minority of self proclaimed moral and intellectual supremacists are also exceedingly arrogant....believing, as your post indicates, that their worldviews are the universally accepted way forward on all social, cultural, legal and economic issues.

    Fortunately, leftists will always retain their minority position because the collectivist utopia they believe exists cannot be realized without copious amounts of deceit, force and theft. Oh, they may make strides here and there...they may win a few battles....but the aforementioned arrogance invariably works against them....

    they always overreach.

    always.
    What amazes me about people who think this way is that they live in a society that is moving leftward in so many areas of our lives yet these people cannot see it, it is like the frog being boiled slowly. All the cultural issues are moving leftwards by popular acclaim. We are not moving towards a Mayberry RFD consensus, that is a myth conservatives believe in so desperately that they will never give it up. Our young people are not turning into little conservatives who hate gay people or detest inter-racial marriage or interactions. They are far more open and loving towards each other than the boomers ever were because they simply do not see these issues through the lens of our parents and grandparents. The nation appreciates the clean air, water and seas we passed on to them after we cleaned up the mess our parents left us. They want more protected rights not less and they want them for everyone not just a crypto-facist set of Christian fundamentalists gibbering in tongues in tiny little churches in the real "murica". They want lower costs of education, they know the boomers got a great deal on education and want the same deal. They want good jobs, the ability to own a home and raise a family but they are not so stupid that they accept Reaganomics as the cure, they are living the outcomes of that dreaded ideology. Does the GOP control the nation right now? Yes. But that will still not change the underlying movement leftwards.
    Thanks from labrea

  6. #46
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    61

    From
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    What amazes me about people who think this way is that they live in a society that is moving leftward in so many areas of our lives yet these people cannot see it, it is like the frog being boiled slowly. All the cultural issues are moving leftwards by popular acclaim. We are not moving towards a Mayberry RFD consensus, that is a myth conservatives believe in so desperately that they will never give it up. Our young people are not turning into little conservatives who hate gay people or detest inter-racial marriage or interactions. They are far more open and loving towards each other than the boomers ever were because they simply do not see these issues through the lens of our parents and grandparents. The nation appreciates the clean air, water and seas we passed on to them after we cleaned up the mess our parents left us. They want more protected rights not less and they want them for everyone not just a crypto-facist set of Christian fundamentalists gibbering in tongues in tiny little churches in the real "murica". They want lower costs of education, they know the boomers got a great deal on education and want the same deal. They want good jobs, the ability to own a home and raise a family but they are not so stupid that they accept Reaganomics as the cure, they are living the outcomes of that dreaded ideology. Does the GOP control the nation right now? Yes. But that will still not change the underlying movement leftwards.
    I believe the opposite. I believe there is a minority in powerful positions dictating to the majority. The truth is Democrats have lost government seats all over the nation, but have judges and bureaucracrats in positions of power and influence to carry out the agenda. That's going to be brought down in the near future. Example, same-sex marriage was defeated in the majority of states that voted on it, but five justices made it the law of the land.

  7. #47
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22632

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    What amazes me about people who think this way is that they live in a society that is moving leftward in so many areas of our lives yet these people cannot see it, it is like the frog being boiled slowly. All the cultural issues are moving leftwards by popular acclaim.
    You have to explain it to guys like webby in short, simplistic terms....same way he gets his information from Limbaugh or Hannity or O'Reilly or Drudge.

    Try this...

    ask him- "Webby, looking at SOCIETY, not election results....has America gotten more conservative or more liberal in the last 20 years? Keep in mind, things like....gay marriage....Roe v Wade still intact....a black President....acceptance of transgenders by most Americans, even Trump....etc."?

    Then ask him "How about in the last 40 years? More conservative or more liberal...as a society?"

    Then ask him "How about in the last 70 years? More conservative or more liberal?"

  8. #48
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22632

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolman1256 View Post
    I believe the opposite. I believe there is a minority in powerful positions dictating to the majority. The truth is Democrats have lost government seats all over the nation, but have judges and bureaucracrats in positions of power and influence to carry out the agenda. That's going to be brought down in the near future. Example, same-sex marriage was defeated in the majority of states that voted on it, but five justices made it the law of the land.
    See my questions above. Again...not ELECTION RESULTS.....has American SOCIETY become more liberal or more conservative in the last 20 years?

    40 years?

    70 years?

  9. #49
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    61

    From
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    See my questions above. Again...not ELECTION RESULTS.....has American SOCIETY become more liberal or more conservative in the last 20 years?

    40 years?

    70 years?
    Conservative.

  10. #50
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    49,613
    Thanks
    35371

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Nah.

    They just have to evolve, and craft a better message.

    Political Parties (and, to a large degree, philosophies...) are in constant flux, and, they almost always come back from the Dead. (I have seen both the GOP and DNC "buried" numerous times, in my life.

    I suspect, that in 100 years, we will still have Democrats and Republicans, Conservatives and Liberals, but, the agendas and positions of all 4 will be drastically different than what we know today.
    Never thought I would agree with you, but I do.

    Republicans were declared dead after Bush

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24th June 2015, 11:11 PM
  2. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 25th September 2013, 04:42 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 8th September 2011, 05:55 PM
  4. THE ENEMY IS WASHINGTON - Paul Craig Roberts
    By Ronin Tetsuro in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th July 2011, 08:01 AM
  5. "Leftwing Deeply Commited to American Defeat"
    By conservative in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 1st August 2007, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed