Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 174
Thanks Tree99Thanks

Thread: What happened to Mexico paying for the wall?

  1. #31
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,939
    Thanks
    3298

    From
    Jersey
    Partisan fucking hacks are killing this nation. America is dead, because people are so fucking stupid they fall in line and NEVeR crack the seal on their own brains..
    Thanks from boontito and RedCloud

  2. #32
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,622
    Thanks
    3278

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
    Wrong, if he doesn't deliver on his Wall promises it's a Lie. End of story. When liars lie, people have to hold their feet to the fire or there will be no accountability..
    President Obama said he was going to close GITMO.

    Is he a liar as well?

    And I never said there shouldn't be any accountability. I already said it would be fair to criticize him for it in the event that comes to pass. But just because someone doesn't achieve everything the set out to do in their campaign - that doesn't make them a liar. Especially if he makes an attempt at doing but doesn't succeed.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16th March 2017 at 07:55 PM.

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,445
    Thanks
    15820

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    If Trump is unsuccessful at finding a way to make Mexico shoulder the costs of the wall (and that's a big if - because you people are talking like that's already happened and it hasn't) that still doesn't mean the President lied. It simply means he was unsuccessful - especially if he makes an effort to do it.

    This word lied is thrown around way too much on this board.

    President Obama said he was going to close Gitmo. Is he a liar as well?
    Ask Republicans about that. Would you like to see how many called Obama a liar over that.

    Then there was the "You can keep your Doctors", after which Republicans, at the state level, did everything they could to limit what Obamacare could do, spurring many doctors to opt out of participation, so that those doctors were no longer available. But, Obama "lied". So, yeah. The President is responsible for the words he chooses, and the promises he makes. You don't get to hold one side responsible to the promises they make, and then just give the other side a pass - not and expect to have any credibility.
    Thanks from boontito

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,622
    Thanks
    3278

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Ask Republicans about that. Would you like to see how many called Obama a liar over that.

    Then there was the "You can keep your Doctors", after which Republicans, at the state level, did everything they could to limit what Obamacare could do, spurring many doctors to opt out of participation, so that those doctors were no longer available. But, Obama "lied". So, yeah. The President is responsible for the words he chooses, and the promises he makes. You don't get to hold one side responsible to the promises they make, and then just give the other side a pass - not and expect to have any credibility.
    I never called Obama a liar over GITMO.

    There is some evidence that Obama may have lied when it comes to the "You can keep your Doctor" claim.

    Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - NBC News

    So I'll give the Republicans that one because in my opinion it was reasonable to suggest he lied in that situation.

    And you should take your own advice - because you can't accuse one side of being liars while giving the other side a pass either. So as far as I can tell, you are the one with credibility problems here. You can also hold someone responsible without calling them liars.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16th March 2017 at 08:06 PM.

  5. #35
    Established Member BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,875
    Thanks
    3254

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    No price is too high for securing our nation.
    Actually, we could spend ourselves into oblivion building a wall that doesn't work, so that price would certainly be too high.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,622
    Thanks
    3278

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    Actually, we could spend ourselves into oblivion building a wall that doesn't work, so that price would certainly be too high.
    Considering illegal immigration costs this country over a 100 billion dollars a year - I'd say the border wall is a good investment.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16th March 2017 at 09:30 PM.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,622
    Thanks
    3278

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Mexico paying for the wall was never going to happen. Most rational people knew that.
    .
    Yes, just like you said Trump would never become president. Most rational people knew that.

    Just like you said Trump would never build the border wall. Most rational people knew that.

    You better hope Trump isn't able to find a way to make Mexico pay for the wall, because I"m not sure your track record about what rational people supposedly know could take too many more blows.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16th March 2017 at 09:29 PM.

  8. #38
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,939
    Thanks
    3298

    From
    Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    President Obama said he was going to close GITMO.

    Is he a liar as well?
    Yes

    What's your point?

  9. #39
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,939
    Thanks
    3298

    From
    Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Considering illegal immigration costs this country over a 100 billion dollars a year - I'd say the border wall is a good investment.
    IT SOLVES NOTHING.

    So NOT a good investment. A wall doesn't keep the Indonesians out does it?

  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19,622
    Thanks
    3278

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
    Yes

    What's your point?
    My point is I don't believe Obama was, at least not in that instance.

    I believe Obama sincerely thought he was going to be able to shut down GITMO if he was elected President. Just because he was unsuccessful at achieving that goal, that doesn't automatically mean he was lying.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16th March 2017 at 10:01 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mexico prepares for the wall:
    By Minotaur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18th February 2017, 08:35 AM
  2. Whoops looks like you are paying for the wall
    By Minotaur in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 6th February 2017, 12:45 AM
  3. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 27th January 2017, 06:23 PM
  4. When will Trump say Mexico ain't payin for wall?
    By thrilling in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20th January 2017, 06:07 AM
  5. No Donald: Mexico won't be paying for your wall
    By BoiseBo in forum Current Events
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 14th August 2015, 04:57 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed