Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 174
Thanks Tree99Thanks

Thread: What happened to Mexico paying for the wall?

  1. #61
    Worst Person on the Site Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    78,773
    Thanks
    52165

    From
    out of nowhere!
    What once was: I will build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

    Has turned into: I will build a wall and hopefully Mexico will inadvertently chip in on the cost.

    Just in this thread....
    Thanks from Babylon and BigLeRoy

  2. #62
    Established Member BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,434
    Thanks
    3062

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Considering illegal immigration costs this country over a 100 billion dollars a year - I'd say the border wall is a good investment.
    Aside from your suspect figure, how is a border wall going to ameliorate the cost you presented without proof? Seems a wall would only add to the cost, and dramatically so.

    An over two-thousand mile border wall is going to be difficult and very expensive to build much less maintain, and so easy to breech; it's not going to work, but it will cost a bundle, and Mexico isn't going to pay a cent.

    I can tell you from experience, my long experience along that border, the only way to stop people from coming here for jobs is to try another tack.

    I'd be willing to talk to you about it if you're interested - a chance to forge a bipartisan consensuses, how often does that come around?

    Time to think outside of the box - for both of us.
    Last edited by BitterPill; 17th March 2017 at 01:38 AM.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,219
    Thanks
    2978

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Trump decides to renegotiate NAFTA. He doesn't need congress to back out of it.
    I hope he does. That's a big one for me.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,219
    Thanks
    2978

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    What once was: I will build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

    Has turned into: I will build a wall and hopefully Mexico will inadvertently chip in on the cost.

    Just in this thread....
    I have never heard the President back away from his claim that he intends to make Mexico pay for the wall.

    Where are you getting this information?

  5. #65
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,219
    Thanks
    2978

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    Aside from your suspect figure, how is a border wall going to ameliorate the cost you presented without proof? Seems a wall would only add to the cost, and dramatically so.

    An over two-thousand mile border wall is going to be difficult and very expensive to build much less maintain, and so easy to breech; it's not going to work, but it will cost a bundle, and Mexico isn't going to pay a cent.

    I can tell you from experience, my long experience along that border, the only way to stop people from coming here for jobs is to try another tack.

    I'd be willing to talk to you about it if you're interested - a chance to forge a bipartisan consensuses, how often does that come around?

    Time to think outside of the box - for both of us.
    The estimated cost of the border wall is 21 billion dollars. That pales in comparison to an annual cost of over 100 billion dollars.

    So if it even helps a little - over the long term it will be well worth it.

  6. #66
    Established Member BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,434
    Thanks
    3062

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The estimated cost of the border wall is 21 billion dollars. That pales in comparison to an annual cost of over 100 billion dollars.

    So if it even helps a little - over the long term it will be well worth it.
    I'm saying your 100 billion cost is suspect. You didn't even source it, that's why. When one considers how much undocumented workers add to our economy through their low-wage work, the price reflected in the food we eat, even the houses we live in, I can take your figure without the proverbial grain of salt since even a grain of salt has a definite value albeit small.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  7. #67
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    42,993
    Thanks
    18455

    From
    A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
    DHS has told trump they can only see coming up with 100 million over the long term for his fiasco..Trump only has $22,900,000,000 more dollars to raise.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,206
    Thanks
    6926

    From
    TN
    There will be an entry fee at the border.. Migrant worker pays FEE to enter the US.. pays for the wall.

    (works like a toll road/bridge.)


    Goods that enter the US through the NAFTA zone created by Clinton will now have a duty... Pays for the wall..
    Thanks from Jeremy

  9. #69
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,219
    Thanks
    2978

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    I'm saying your 100 billion cost is suspect. You didn't even source it, that's why.
    Here's a quick link I'll go google for you:

    The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)

  10. #70
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,219
    Thanks
    2978

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    There will be an entry fee at the border.. Migrant worker pays FEE to enter the US.. pays for the wall.

    (works like a toll road/bridge.)


    Goods that enter the US through the NAFTA zone created by Clinton will now have a duty... Pays for the wall..
    Good points. Those are two ways right there he could have Mexico pay for the wall.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mexico prepares for the wall:
    By Minotaur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18th February 2017, 07:35 AM
  2. Whoops looks like you are paying for the wall
    By Minotaur in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 5th February 2017, 11:45 PM
  3. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 27th January 2017, 05:23 PM
  4. When will Trump say Mexico ain't payin for wall?
    By thrilling in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20th January 2017, 05:07 AM
  5. No Donald: Mexico won't be paying for your wall
    By BoiseBo in forum Current Events
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 14th August 2015, 04:57 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed