Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

  1. #11
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,178
    Thanks
    9352

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    First, we should tell the truth.



    but never mind.
    The problem is that the Koran actually does have versus that condone slavery and there is actually no word for rape in the Koran.
    Just like in the Christian bible there is mention of slaves and concubines.
    Both religions have their crazies and parts of their holy books are outdated.

    The problem is that in Western society we are free to discuss and even trash religion and make up our own minds. In Muslim countries it is not permitted and in fact leaving the faith gets you death. This is were I part with my leftist friends. I agree people should be free to practice their religion but I disagree with many practices of this particular relgion. I don't think it's wrong to call them out and point them out as being incompatible with western views but here I am speaking only about fundamentalist Muslims that do not belong in Western society. Moderate Muslims are welcome but to put your head in the sand and not acknowledge the difference is insane and dangerous to the West.
    Last edited by Eve1; 18th March 2017 at 08:08 PM.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,575
    Thanks
    20913

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    Do you, a free person, see Muslim females as slaves?

    In the more right wing of Islam, females are what I would call slaves. I am prompted to think in that term because if I were a Muslim man living under Sharia, I can buy myself a few child brides. There is also little stopping me from doing the same, --- where Muslims live under Sharia law, --- in new adopted countries in the free world. Slavery returns to the West.

    Fraternité, if I may remind the English speakers, means a fiduciary relationship to all other people. Slave is appropriate here. Fraternité and honesty also forces that I must look at Muslim females as slaves.

    Do I, as a free man, have any responsibility to free these Muslim women, who inadvertently help propagate slavery by their lack of revolt against it?

    The West also helps propagate slavery by allowing it into the West.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

    If I, as a free man, hold a responsibility to free slaves, as a free person, do you?

    How much tolerance should tolerant nations give to a huge slave trading religion and government system?

    Regards
    DL
    I don't think you mean to have a title that shows prejudice. If I were an American Muslim womani would sure be offended.
    Thanks from labrea

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,948
    Thanks
    23667

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    The problem is that the Koran actually does have versus that condone slavery and there is actually no word for rape in the Koran.
    Just like in the Christian bible there is mention of slaves and concubines.
    Both religions have their crazies and parts of their holy books are outdated.

    The problem is that in Western society we are free to discuss and even trash religion and make up our own minds. In Muslim countries it is not permitted and in fact leaving the faith gets you death. This is were I part with my leftist friends. I agree people should be free to practice their religion but I disagree with many practices of this particular relgion. I don't think it's wrong to call them out and point them out as being incompatible with western views but here I am speaking only about fundamentalist Muslims that do not belong in Western society. Moderate Muslims are welcome but to put your head in the sand and not acknowledge the difference is insane and dangerous to the West.
    Iraq was pretty darn secular, but we put an end to that.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  4. #14
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,410
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    The issue is the free world ignoring the non-free world.

    Do you have an opinion my friend?

    Regards
    DL
    Your question is too broad. It encompasses all Muslims.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,178
    Thanks
    9352

    From
    My own world
    Well actually it was only secular due to tyranny. You see what happens when the tyrant is gone, the fanatics take over. The moderates flea. WRONG. Fanaticism will never be extinguished from the outside. Stay and fight for moderation. It seems to be impossible to have democracy right after tyranny without unfortunately a fight to the death. We should not take the moderates but give woman and children a safe zone until the fighting is over. Unfortunately the fighting can not result in the fanatics taking over without putting the woman and children back into a situation that is clearly undesirable. What do you do? Peace in the Middle East is hard, who knew ?(being sarcastic I can't resist saying it because Trump said the same thing about Health Care, LOL).

  6. #16
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,410
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Iraq was pretty darn secular, but we put an end to that.
    Of course. Because we love freedom for everyone so much. *rolls eyes*

  7. #17
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,410
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Iraq was pretty darn secular, but we put an end to that.
    Iran - the pics from decades ago are amazing. Women in bikinis, etc.

  8. #18
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,410
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Well actually it was only secular due to tyranny. You see what happens when the tyrant is gone, the fanatics take over. The moderates flea. WRONG. Fanaticism will never be extinguished from the outside. Stay and fight for moderation. It seems to be impossible to have democracy right after tyranny without unfortunately a fight to the death. We should not take the moderates but give woman and children a safe zone until the fighting is over. Unfortunately the fighting can not result in the fanatics taking over without putting the woman and children back into a situation that is clearly undesirable. What do you do? Peace in the Middle East is hard, who knew ?(being sarcastic I can't resist saying it because Trump said the same thing about Health Care, LOL).
    How long have we been in Afghanistan? How is that working out? Those women were better under Soviet rule. they started self-emulating once we 'freed' them.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  9. #19
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    42,991
    Thanks
    18456

    From
    A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
    It won't matter if there is peace in the middle east..there will still be assholes beating and enslaving women to the point they feel trapped and will be in fact in mortal danger..just like here in this country involving all kinds of women Muslim or not.
    Thanks from Isalexi

  10. #20
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    42,410
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    The problem is that the Koran actually does have versus that condone slavery and there is actually no word for rape in the Koran.
    Just like in the Christian bible there is mention of slaves and concubines.
    Both religions have their crazies and parts of their holy books are outdated.

    The problem is that in Western society we are free to discuss and even trash religion and make up our own minds. In Muslim countries it is not permitted and in fact leaving the faith gets you death. This is were I part with my leftist friends. I agree people should be free to practice their religion but I disagree with many practices of this particular relgion. I don't think it's wrong to call them out and point them out as being incompatible with western views but here I am speaking only about fundamentalist Muslims that do not belong in Western society. Moderate Muslims are welcome but to put your head in the sand and not acknowledge the difference is insane and dangerous to the West.
    Are you asserting this is the case in all Muslim countries?
    Thanks from Isalexi

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 18th March 2016, 04:42 PM
  2. Trump gets millions in free TV for his anti-Muslim ad-
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4th January 2016, 12:15 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 20th January 2015, 12:33 PM
  4. What country/government/person is free from critique?
    By Hutchinson in forum World History
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 30th April 2010, 10:51 PM
  5. Free Republic: Jeremiah Wright a Former Muslim?
    By Burning Giraffe in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th April 2008, 04:11 PM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed