Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: 60 minutes is on right now about H1 Worker's taking jobs from Americas

  1. #21
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21609

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    On any job, you can be terminated if they find an employee for a cheaper price. Let me fix this issue for you and show you how to resolve it without the hate the foreigner drivel.

    1) Allow employers to hire whomever they want. The employers currently are taxed at rates up to 39 percent so you want to incentivize them

    2) Give a tax break for a company to hire an all American workforce

    3) Give additional tax breaks for companies that take people off welfare, the unemployment line and Americans with handicaps

    4) Offer substantial tax incentives for companies to bring jobs back to America

    An employer using all the incentives could reduce their tax rates from 39 percent down to 13 percent. OR employers can pay more in taxes and pay for the luxury of hiring foreigners. But, at the end of the day, it is the employer's choice.

    It is our fault, as Americans, that we have voted in a bastardized form of government that is trying to prep us for socialism while we've grown to take our Liberties for granted. The problem we have is too many taxes and regulations being imposed in a free market economy.
    It is true that America is veering sharply away from free market capitalism, but the person who is bringing that about is named Donald Trump. He will be the Great Central Planner for the New American Economy, making investment decisions for American companies from his perch in Trump Tower, or from his wonderful Mar-A-Lago Resort.

    Isn't it about time that America had a Great Central Planner for our economy?
    Thanks from Panzareta

  2. #22
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    42,060
    Thanks
    24789

    From
    New Hampshire
    I think the visa program is also one of those issues that lost the election for Hillary. Her plans to keep it as an integral part of her immigration package hurt her..badly. Companies were doing this all over the country and a lot of workers had been laid off due to this. It certainly didn't help.

    The H-1B positions of Clinton and Trump | Computerworld
    https://www.prideimmigration.com/hil...h-1b-visa-cap/
    https://thinkprogress.org/clinton-ca...51f#.mavcrmdg9
    Last edited by bajisima; 20th March 2017 at 06:46 AM.

  3. #23
    It's a trap AttusBlack's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks
    203

    From
    In the empty space of your brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    @Humorme understands exactly what we are saying. Humorme has no argument when confronted with the truth so deny, deflect, ignore, insult, rinse and repeat. Trump has no defense for not making this a priority or even an issue now that he has the power to do so and close the loop hole. Hell he has so made EO's that aren't worth the paper they are written on as at the end of the day the Congress has to give him the money to do most of them and without the money the EO's are just a wish list. Now this is an EO he could easily issue and within days the loop hole would be closed. No money from the federal budget would be required. Trump's doesn't do it because his companies still hire H1 workers and they are, along with the other billionaires and millionaires in his cabinet, the biggest abusers of the H1 Visa program.
    Trumps companies hire H2B workers not H1B's. As of right now the Admin is halting expedited processing of H1B visas.

    What Trump's latest H-1B move means for workers and business - Mar. 4, 2017

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,829
    Thanks
    9800

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    On any job, you can be terminated if they find an employee for a cheaper price. Let me fix this issue for you and show you how to resolve it without the hate the foreigner drivel.

    1) Allow employers to hire whomever they want. The employers currently are taxed at rates up to 39 percent so you want to incentivize them

    2) Give a tax break for a company to hire an all American workforce

    3) Give additional tax breaks for companies that take people off welfare, the unemployment line and Americans with handicaps

    4) Offer substantial tax incentives for companies to bring jobs back to America

    An employer using all the incentives could reduce their tax rates from 39 percent down to 13 percent. OR employers can pay more in taxes and pay for the luxury of hiring foreigners. But, at the end of the day, it is the employer's choice.

    It is our fault, as Americans, that we have voted in a bastardized form of government that is trying to prep us for socialism while we've grown to take our Liberties for granted. The problem we have is too many taxes and regulations being imposed in a free market economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Okay, great. You blame the Republicans. Now that we've established that would you support President Trump significantly curtailing H1B visas? It really doesn't matter what it was meant to do. When you have a tax code and law system as overly complex as ours, there will be loopholes. What do you mean it doesn't mention immigrant? You really didn't put that in your post, right?
    This has nothing to do with the tax code plus The H-1B visa is an employment-based, non-immigrant visa category for temporary workers. To obtain one, an employer must offer a foreigner a job and then apply for his or her H-1B visa petition with the U.S. Immigration Department. Under the visa, the foreigner is allowed to work but is required to return home after five years – but the work permit could be extended.
    Last edited by Eve1; 20th March 2017 at 08:13 AM.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,829
    Thanks
    9800

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    On any job, you can be terminated if they find an employee for a cheaper price. Let me fix this issue for you and show you how to resolve it without the hate the foreigner drivel.

    1) Allow employers to hire whomever they want. The employers currently are taxed at rates up to 39 percent so you want to incentivize them

    2) Give a tax break for a company to hire an all American workforce

    3) Give additional tax breaks for companies that take people off welfare, the unemployment line and Americans with handicaps

    4) Offer substantial tax incentives for companies to bring jobs back to America

    An employer using all the incentives could reduce their tax rates from 39 percent down to 13 percent. OR employers can pay more in taxes and pay for the luxury of hiring foreigners. But, at the end of the day, it is the employer's choice.

    It is our fault, as Americans, that we have voted in a bastardized form of government that is trying to prep us for socialism while we've grown to take our Liberties for granted. The problem we have is too many taxes and regulations being imposed in a free market economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AttusBlack View Post
    Trumps companies hire H2B workers not H1B's. As of right now the Admin is halting expedited processing of H1B visas.

    What Trump's latest H-1B move means for workers and business - Mar. 4, 2017
    Actually he hires under both programs

    Records show when Trump needed specialty talent, he turned to another foreign guest worker program, the H-1B visa. These included nearly 300 foreign guest workers who came to work as fashion models, engineers, and hotel managers. These workers went mostly to Trump's model management company, his international hotel and tower, and the Trump Organization at large.

    Apparently we don't have fashion models, engineers or hotel managers in the US according to Trump? I think he should check with local schools that are offering those programs because it would be news to them. This is another example of Trump being a hypocrite.

  6. #26
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44,398
    Thanks
    25998

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Trump has been in office 60 days. His cabinet isn't even confirmed, yet. Yet, we have the left complaining about broken promises. I'm sure you all will demand you Representative and Senator support President Trump when proposes changes this to an American First policy.
    If his percentage of promises on track to be kept rises above 50%, and if those promises are the ones made to the most vulnerable among us, not to the 1% at the expense of the most vulnerable, then I'll think about it.

    So far, he's on track to do significant damage to the poor, elderly, farmers, etc., plus of course the damage he has already done to small Florida businesses he is hurting with his exorbitantly expensive lifestyle, which already breaks promises. He isn't merely on track to break those promises. He has already done it. Great start.
    Last edited by Amelia; 20th March 2017 at 08:09 AM.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,645
    Thanks
    301

    From
    under a rock near NC / GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the tax code plus The H-1B visa is an employment-based, non-immigrant visa category for temporary workers. To obtain one, an employer must offer a foreigner a job and then apply for his or her H-1B visa petition with the U.S. Immigration Department. Under the visa, the foreigner is allowed to work but is required to return home after five years – but the work permit could be extended.
    Sorry, it has everything to do with your issue. On taxes, I told you: My U.S. Congressman offered a bill to eliminate the 16th Amendment, abolishing the IRS along with the income tax. The other proposals allow the employer to hire whomever they want AND it gives incentives to employers to hire Americans.

    You're advocating using the immigration laws to prohibit foreign workers and, until America becomes a socialist nation across the board, it just won't fly.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,829
    Thanks
    9800

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    Sorry, it has everything to do with your issue. On taxes, I told you: My U.S. Congressman offered a bill to eliminate the 16th Amendment, abolishing the IRS along with the income tax. The other proposals allow the employer to hire whomever they want AND it gives incentives to employers to hire Americans.

    You're advocating using the immigration laws to prohibit foreign workers and, until America becomes a socialist nation across the board, it just won't fly.
    LOL, keep dreaming, the IRS and taxes are here to stay. The US government has control of who comes and goes in and out of the US just as it has control of Green Cards. Companies are not above the federal gov'ts authority,
    Thanks from AttusBlack

  9. #29
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,954
    Thanks
    33623

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    You must be dense!!! 60 minutes was specifically talking about American technology worker's getting fired, because they can get FOREIGN WORKER'S from countries like India that have the technical knowledge to do the work at half the price. These are IT teams in places like hospitals and universities that can use the H1 program to save in the cost of labour to the IT people by using an existing hole in the foreign worker program (H1 Visa).
    It's a funny thing. I work for a public university, and we can't hire and keep decent IT people. We PRODUCE people with degrees in computer science every year, but they won't turn around at graduation and stay on as full-time employees. One guy did, but he only stayed a couple of years and then was off to work for MS.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  10. #30
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,247
    Thanks
    3081

    From
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    It's a funny thing. I work for a public university, and we can't hire and keep decent IT people. We PRODUCE people with degrees in computer science every year, but they won't turn around at graduation and stay on as full-time employees. One guy did, but he only stayed a couple of years and then was off to work for MS.
    Why won't they stay?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 40 Minutes to Take Gray to a Cop Shop 2 Minutes Away
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd May 2015, 01:41 AM
  2. Three Americas
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 6th May 2014, 03:51 PM
  3. The Americas...which is NOT!
    By Robodoon in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th June 2007, 11:32 AM
  4. is this what americas about?
    By AhabtheArab in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 1st May 2007, 05:49 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed