Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Thanks Tree15Thanks

Thread: Trump's still talking about getting health care reform and then tax reform...

  1. #11
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    51,739
    Thanks
    9483

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Social Security would be just fine if they would replace the close to $3 TRILLION that has been "borrowed" (read STOLEN) from the SS Trust. I am paying almost $300 per month for Medicare and have never used it.
    Yeah but you will catch up, hopefully not but odds are most of us will blow through what we have put into it.

  2. #12
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,018
    Thanks
    37087

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Yeah but you will catch up, hopefully not but odds are most of us will blow through what we have put into it.
    and the 50 years of accrued value?
    Thanks from GordonGecko

  3. #13
    New Member
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    292

    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Social Security would be just fine if they would replace the close to $3 TRILLION that has been "borrowed" (read STOLEN) from the SS Trust. I am paying almost $300 per month for Medicare and have never used it.
    You are wrong about the borrowed money from Social Security. When the government borrows from SS they issue special T bills that pay better than market interest.

    There is no problem with borrowing from SS. The problem is that the right seems to think it's a piggy bank they don't want to reimburse. And the politicians and the news media make sure they never explain that.

  4. #14
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,018
    Thanks
    37087

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chipps View Post
    You are wrong about the borrowed money from Social Security. When the government borrows from SS they issue special T bills that pay better than market interest.

    There is no problem with borrowing from SS. The problem is that the right seems to think it's a piggy bank they don't want to reimburse. And the politicians and the news media make sure they never explain that.
    In the meantime we have to put up with this kind of shit for the next four years:

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwas.../#4475b20e330d
    Thanks from labrea

  5. #15
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22625

    From
    VA
    Trump and the GOP are in a paradox on health care.

    Their ONLY choices now are-


    1. Stick to their Ayn Rand ideology....and pass a bill that throws millions off their insurance. Millions of TRUMP VOTERS. And reap the whirlwind when 2018 and 2020 rolls around.




    or 2. Come up with a plan to keep coverage for working class voters.....but that eventually means


    Single-Payer.

  6. #16
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,018
    Thanks
    37087

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Trump and the GOP are in a paradox on health care.

    Their ONLY choices now are-


    1. Stick to their Ayn Rand ideology....and pass a bill that throws millions off their insurance. Millions of TRUMP VOTERS. And reap the whirlwind when 2018 and 2020 rolls around.




    or 2. Come up with a plan to keep coverage for working class voters.....but that eventually means


    Single-Payer.
    They will keep kicking the can, we both know it...

  7. #17
    New Member
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    292

    It's clear that the Republicans want to take away Social Security and healthcare. Why to Americans vote for these guys? What kind of ignorance epidemic are we suffering?

  8. #18
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,018
    Thanks
    37087

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chipps View Post
    It's clear that the Republicans want to take away Social Security and healthcare. Why to Americans vote for these guys? What kind of ignorance epidemic are we suffering?
    It is mind boggling, but many of the fringe righties on this site will deny that the Republicans have any intention of dismantling Medicare and Social Security while the rest root for it to happen as quickly as possible.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,971
    Thanks
    7792

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    It is mind boggling, but many of the fringe righties on this site will deny that the Republicans have any intention of dismantling Medicare and Social Security while the rest root for it to happen as quickly as possible.
    The same people that thought Trump was not going to be as bad as Clinton when clearly we can see Trump would actually sign anything put in front of him at this point. He just wants to claim he has actually accomplished something. That something doesn't have to be a positive for the middle class, as long as it is a piece of completed legislation. Trump supporters and irrational Clinton haters are the stupidest people on earth if voting for Trump or against Clinton was done to avoid something worse. There really is no such thing, anybody would have been better.
    Last edited by Eve1; 22nd April 2017 at 06:12 AM.
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  10. #20
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,018
    Thanks
    37087

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    The same people that thought Trump was not going to be as bad as Clinton when clearly we can see Trump would actually sign anything put in front of him at this point. He just wants to claim he has actually accomplished something. That something doesn't have to be a positive for the middle class, as long as it is a piece of completed legislation. Trump supporters and irrational Clinton haters are the stupidest people on earth if voting for Trump or against Clinton was done to avoid something worse. There really is no such thing, anybody would have been better.
    I cam imagine a JEB Bush Presidency with a smile on my face...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Fox Poll: Is health care reform bad? Yes/Yes
    By Charles Stover in forum Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10th January 2011, 01:35 PM
  2. KFC's answer to health care reform
    By Agent Zero in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 5th April 2010, 05:29 AM
  3. My theory about health care reform
    By Blueneck in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th December 2009, 06:33 PM
  4. Doctors for Health Care Reform
    By Bourne in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31st July 2009, 04:29 PM
  5. Health Care Reform Poll
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th July 2009, 02:06 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed