Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Poll: Americans Oppose Defense Budget Increases

  1. #1
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,580
    Thanks
    42742

    From
    So. Md.

    Poll: Americans Oppose Defense Budget Increases

    I wonder if Trump realizes just how much we already spend on the military and that cutting funds for the State Department increases the chances of conflict.

    A majority of Americans oppose President Donald Trump's proposed budget increases to the Department of Defense at the cost of other departments, a new poll finds.

    A CNN/ORC poll out Wednesday finds 58 percent of respondents oppose the administration's plan to increase military spending by cutting funding for the State Department and other agencies.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...defense-budget

  2. #2
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38,790
    Thanks
    22905

    From
    New Hampshire
    Yet we approve of all the missile strikes. What a disconnect.

    Despite the lack of information from the Pentagon about President Donald Trump's deployment on April 13 of the "Mother of All Bombs" in Afghanistan—or its aftermath—close to 70 percent of American voters say they "strongly" or "somewhat" support the bombing, according to a new poll.

    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ricans-approve
    Thanks from Ginger and chaos

  3. #3
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,322
    Thanks
    8200

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Yet we approve of all the missile strikes. What a disconnect.

    Despite the lack of information from the Pentagon about President Donald Trump's deployment on April 13 of the "Mother of All Bombs" in Afghanistan—or its aftermath—close to 70 percent of American voters say they "strongly" or "somewhat" support the bombing, according to a new poll.

    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ricans-approve
    I don't really see it as a disconnect. The US could still easily handle bombing 3rd world countries with half as much money spent on defense.

    Thanks from MaryAnne, Devil505, Babba and 3 others

  4. #4
    New Member BlueDozer's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    276

    From
    Houston
    Oh, the places we could go....

    ...if we spent like 30% less on the military and rerouted that money to social development.

  5. #5
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,486
    Thanks
    9198

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Yet we approve of all the missile strikes. What a disconnect.

    Despite the lack of information from the Pentagon about President Donald Trump's deployment on April 13 of the "Mother of All Bombs" in Afghanistan—or its aftermath—close to 70 percent of American voters say they "strongly" or "somewhat" support the bombing, according to a new poll.

    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ricans-approve
    Yea that stuff isn't cheap.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,079
    Thanks
    10113

    From
    on the river
    CNN's pollsters discovered this? well then, that's legit.

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,486
    Thanks
    9198

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    I don't really see it as a disconnect. The US could still easily handle bombing 3rd world countries with half as much money spent on defense.

    You are going to seriously try and mislead people with that?

    It's a budget proposal, not actual spending which is this.....from the very same source by the way.



    What you posted is only a small part of the bigger picture so shame on you with your fake news.

    So it seems the easiest way to save money is to pull from the biggest drags on our budget don't ya think?

    Take away that 2 year unemployment benefit would be a helluva start.
    Thanks from Bronwyn

  8. #8
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,322
    Thanks
    8200

    From
    Home

    Poll: Americans Oppose Defense Budget Increases

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You are going to seriously try and mislead people with that?

    It's a budget proposal, not actual spending which is this.....from the very same source by the way.



    What you posted is only a small part of the bigger picture so shame on you with your fake news.

    So it seems the easiest way to save money is to pull from the biggest drags on our budget don't ya think?

    Take away that 2 year unemployment benefit would be a helluva start.
    Spooky, bad job. For shame bad. That's including non discretionary spending. You're right, though, mine was just the proposal, but I couldn't find a graph showing the actual.

    You got one that shows a big difference? Without all the things the government has already promised, I mean. Obviously we aren't going to count the money that people have spent a lifetime socking away in Social Security—maybe the republicans are, but not us honest folk.
    Last edited by StanStill; 21st April 2017 at 08:11 PM.

  9. #9
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,746
    Thanks
    1233

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Spooky, bad job. For shame bad. That's including non discretionary spending. You're right, though, mine was just the proposal, but I couldn't find a graph showing the actual.

    You got one that shows a big difference? Without all the things the government has already promised, I mean. Obviously we aren't going to count the money that people have spent a lifetime socking away in Social Security—maybe the republicans are, but not us honest folk.
    Stan is correct. So-called national security is about 25% or 30% higher than discretionary spending. The US has had a trillion dollar national security budget for more than a few years now.

    Project on Government oversight (POGO)
    America's $1 Trillion National Security Budget
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  10. #10
    Established Member Ginger's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,689
    Thanks
    2599

    From
    USA
    CNN poll. /pfft/ Conducted of 1025 adults over March 1-4. Hardly relevant in light of 2 targeted bombings in April and putting effective pressure on China to deal with NK.


    Got anything else?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 134
    Last Post: 13th March 2017, 05:23 AM
  2. Americans overwhelmingly oppose sanctuary cities
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 22nd February 2017, 07:27 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19th December 2015, 12:28 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 18th September 2015, 01:07 PM
  5. Kasich budget increases spending
    By Blueneck in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd July 2013, 10:28 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed