Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 115
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: Why is my IRA losing money every day with the business genius in the WH?

  1. #61
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    41,385
    Thanks
    22934

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I have watched the stock market.

    I have watched it rise quite nicely in the past 6+ months.
    It rose nicely for 3.5 of the past 6 months. It has stalled for the past 2.5 months.

    Stalled for almost as long as it has risen in the past 6 months.


    Jury is out.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15,022
    Thanks
    4402

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    It rose nicely for 3.5 of the past 6 months. It has stalled for the past 2.5 months.

    Stalled for almost as long as it has risen in the past 6 months.


    Jury is out.
    Correct.

    Jury is ALWAYS out on the stock market.

    Most people don't know what the market will do.

    I know exactly what it will do.

    It will fluctuate.

    Like it always has and always will.

  3. #63
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,202
    Thanks
    9274

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Correct.

    Jury is ALWAYS out on the stock market.

    Most people don't know what the market will do.

    I know exactly what it will do.

    It will fluctuate.

    Like it always has and always will.
    Yes, like the "fluctuation" of a 17 month drop of 54% of the value of the market to the low of March 9, 2009, then to what was when Obama was no longer President and Trump was. That has been entitled the Great Recession and has been described as the "worst crisis since the 30's" when another "fluctuation" occurred, called the "Great Depression". If you are a billionaire and you lose half your money, if you are frugal and modest, you are still very wealthy. If you had a million dollars and lost half of it, you are wealthy, but less able to weather a recovery like a billionaire and on down the income line, especially if you are retired and on a fixed income. A billionaire, like Trump, can also make money from a severe depression, by properties people had to abandoned because they were financially ruined, at bargain basement prices to later sell at a profit.



    "Donald Trump - $1.5M"

    "Topping the list by a longshot is billionaire birther and infamous reality-TV host Donald Trump. “The Donald earned a staggering $1.5 million per speech at The Learning Annex’s ‘real estate wealth expos’ in 2006 and 2007,” according to Forbes. “Trump appeared at 17 seminars and collected this fee for each one.”

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/washi...?id=24551590#1






    https://www.5yearcharts.com/dow-jone...f-performance/
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 12th May 2017 at 05:34 PM.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15,022
    Thanks
    4402

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    Yes, like the "fluctuation" of a 17 month drop of 54% of the value of the market to the low of March 9, 2009, then to what was when Obama was no longer President and Trump was. That has been entitled the Great Recession and has been described as the "worst crisis since the 30's" when another "fluctuation" occurred, called the "Great Depression". If you are a billionaire and you lose half your money, if you are frugal and modest, you are still very wealthy. If you had a million dollars and lost half of it, you are wealthy, but less able to weather a recovery like a billionaire and on down the income line, especially if you are retired and on a fixed income. A billionaire, like Trump, can also make money from a severe depression, by properties people had to abandoned because they were financially ruined, at bargain basement prices to later sell at a profit.

    Yep, that was a BIG fluctuation.

    The correct thing to do was ride it out.

    I lost quite a chunk of money.

    It all came back and then some.

    Always think LONG TERM.

  5. #65
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,627
    Thanks
    8121

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Where are you compared to Nov 9th?

    Because most IRA's are ahead since then.

    Way ahead...
    No, way ahead would be tripling the stock market. Thanks Obama!
    Thanks from Devil505

  6. #66
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,079
    Thanks
    3037

    From
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Anyone?
    I've made 20 grand since the beginning of the year, but my investments and yours would be a lot different. I am mostly invested in a target retirement 2035 fund. A lot more risk involved I'm sure.

  7. #67
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    26,203
    Thanks
    15551

    From
    Under the boardwalk
    Starting point: Trump is kind of a weirdo and sorta sucks. We all have to live with that fact.

    Back to the stock market. It is what it is. Those determined to hang the housing market collapse on George Bush are just partisan clueless. That disaster had been brewing for 20 years and just happened to pop while he was in office. Could have as easily occurred 3 years later when Obama was President.


    Stop acting retarded.....

  8. #68
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,923
    Thanks
    7087

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Anyone?
    I am not sure, Mine Roth IRA is up ~9% since January? 401K is up ~8%... my IRA is up ~10% (These are diversified among International Small Cap, Large Cap and Growth Funds, my income fund are up about 3%.. (this is mostly preferred stocks and Bonds)

    What are you invested in

    I am getting stock Dividends, I have gotten increase in stock value... Sounds like you need to get a new financial planner..

  9. #69
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15,022
    Thanks
    4402

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by HadEnough2 View Post
    No, way ahead would be tripling the stock market. Thanks Obama!
    The stock market did not triple in six months under Obama.

    It took 8 years.

    We shall see how it does in Trumps term.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    17,999
    Thanks
    3588

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Look at the Dow in recent days.
    20,896 Dow. Gas at the pump is down. Bonds may be in a volatile situation. It all gets down to what you are in. I want interest rates to return to normal. FED has been manipulating this for to long now.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Can Pull Money Out Of His Business At Any Time.
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 20th April 2017, 04:01 PM
  2. if Romney is such a business genius, let's hear his plan
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16th July 2012, 04:57 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11th February 2012, 04:54 AM
  4. Gingrich's Charity Paid Money to Gingrich's Business
    By Gypsy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th June 2011, 04:31 AM
  5. genius.
    By The_Bear in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th July 2007, 04:06 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed