Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: Donald Trump = P.T. Barnum + Charles Ponzi + Benito Mussolini

  1. #1
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21606

    From
    Colorado

    Donald Trump = P.T. Barnum + Charles Ponzi + Benito Mussolini

    That's my analysis of this very weird and strange man: That he's kind of a bizarre hybrid of P.T. Barnum, Charles Ponzi, and Benito Mussolini.

    He's a snake oil salesman, a huckster, and a fraud. He's a flim-flam artist and a charlatan. He's a wanna-be tyrant and a wanna-be Mafia Don, expecting loyalty oaths from everyone. He's a carnival barker supreme, a slick and shady casino operator, a real estate shark.

    Feel free to add anything else appropriate to a description of this man. We should record this for future historians, in case they wonder why on Earth this man was put in charge of anything.

    Wait a minute! Did I say 'in case'?!?

    That kind of goes without saying, methinks! Future historians ARE gonna wonder about us, the folks of today, and why we were willing to tolerate Donald Trump.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,258
    Thanks
    26436

    From
    SWUSA
    Maybe we expected too much of Trump. We believed he could actually lead.




    Trump has reached the apex of his incompetence.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23,050
    Thanks
    16830

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    That's my analysis of this very weird and strange man: That he's kind of a bizarre hybrid of P.T. Barnum, Charles Ponzi, and Benito Mussolini.

    He's a snake oil salesman, a huckster, and a fraud. He's a flim-flam artist and a charlatan. He's a wanna-be tyrant and a wanna-be Mafia Don, expecting loyalty oaths from everyone. He's a carnival barker supreme, a slick and shady casino operator, a real estate shark.

    Feel free to add anything else appropriate to a description of this man. We should record this for future historians, in case they wonder why on Earth this man was put in charge of anything.

    Wait a minute! Did I say 'in case'?!?

    That kind of goes without saying, methinks! Future historians ARE gonna wonder about us, the folks of today, and why we were willing to tolerate Donald Trump.
    That's a pretty good assessment! Scary, that you could have all 3 'resident' in one brain, but I wouldn't argue with the comparison for a second.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  4. #4
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44,211
    Thanks
    31517

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Maybe we expected too much of Trump. We believed he could actually lead.




    Trump has reached the apex of his incompetence.
    Long ago.
    Thanks from OHjulie

  5. #5
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23,050
    Thanks
    16830

    From
    Florida
    I wish I had a nickel for everytime I've said Trump was 'classic' Peter Principle. However, I assumed people who 'suffered' from this had actual success. I do NOT think Trump has. He was handed a business and $100,000,000+. I've heard several money men say had he invested it well 35 years ago, he would have had more than his 'THEORETICAL' net worth now. And a whole lot of people, towns, states, ex-wives and now the WORLD wouldn't have gotten SCREWED.


    Found it--FORTUNE....


    Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He’d Have Invested in Index Funds

    Aug 20, 2015 - FORTUNE


    Trump's net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion. The S&P has grown 1,336% since 1988.


    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 3rd July 2017 at 12:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,112
    Thanks
    3345

    From
    Ohio
    #25amendment is trending.

    The mentally unstable man posing as POTUS is said to be FURIOUS.

    Howard Stern remarked that being president will exacerbate Trump's mental problems.
    Maybe we won't have to wait for Mueller after all, Trump will just implode.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and labrea

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8879

    From
    United States
    Another unhinged thread by the Sore Loser Brigade.

  8. #8
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,236
    Thanks
    12436

    From
    aMEEErica
    Sam Stein made a really good point this morning: "Trump isn't at war with the press, Trump loves the press, Trump is obsessed with the press..."

    Bingo!

    Thx
    Thanks from namvet69

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,357
    Thanks
    81

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Another unhinged thread by the Sore Loser Brigade.
    Every time they post something about Trump they are laughing about it.

    This how we know how painful they feel about Trump being elected president.

  10. #10
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,953
    Thanks
    5867

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    Every time they post something about Trump they are laughing about it.

    This how we know how painful they feel about Trump being elected president
    .
    NOW you figure that out ? You're not very quick, are you ?
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ringling Bros/Barnum Bailey Circus to end after 146 years
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28th January 2017, 03:46 PM
  2. Prince Charles on Trump
    By Paris in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th November 2016, 01:18 PM
  3. Mussolini inspires Trump tweets
    By Davocrat in forum Current Events
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 12th March 2016, 08:39 PM
  4. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 5th November 2015, 09:26 AM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 14th November 2011, 03:10 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed