Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 112
Thanks Tree71Thanks

Thread: Curtains for union coercion (Employee Rights Act)

  1. #41
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,021
    Thanks
    31136

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    So you're not fan of facts... so be it.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,221
    Thanks
    18022

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    The worst of it is, they justify stealing labor by demeaning the person doing the labor, telling themselves and the worker that the work they do isn't worth the pay to keep them alive, and well.

    No wonder white middle aged males are either killing themselves, or mad as hell.
    And the younger ones seem bent on drowning themselves this year. What's with the inability of young adult males to realize that an historical high snowpack plus record breaking heat equals higher quantity of water, greater rate of flow plus lower water temperature than normal.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,221
    Thanks
    18022

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Who said you were, what gives you the idea this is all about you?
    You're so vain.....
    Thanks from labrea and Hollywood

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,021
    Thanks
    31136

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    You're so vain.....
    ....I'll bet you think this song is about you.
    Thanks from Panzareta

  5. #45
    New Member
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    415

    Having worked for both union and non-union contractors I must say that these union bashers have no idea what they are talking about.

    You really shouldn't believe everything you saw in old movies. By your comments I can tell you have no real first hand experience.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly, labrea and NiteGuy

  6. #46
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    14,666
    Thanks
    2390

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chipps View Post
    Having worked for both union and non-union contractors I must say that these union bashers have no idea what they are talking about.

    You really shouldn't believe everything you saw in old movies. By your comments I can tell you have no real first hand experience.
    It's really not a black / white issue either.

    There's really just pros/cons to both.

    I think one of the bigger problems with unions is that they often get too much power for their own good and wind up pricing themselves out.

    However, in terms of getting a better employment deal, unions do have perks.

  7. #47
    Senior Member vikingbeast's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,196
    Thanks
    6085

    From
    Banned Camp Segregation Unit
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Fair and benevolent government! wahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha ahaahah
    Thanks from Hollywood

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,021
    Thanks
    31136

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    It's really not a black / white issue either.

    There's really just pros/cons to both.

    I think one of the bigger problems with unions is that they often get too much power for their own good and wind up pricing themselves out.

    However, in terms of getting a better employment deal, unions do have perks.
    It's very simple really.
    If management has all the power they will proceed to fuck their employees blind.
    If the unions have all the power they will proceed to fuck their employers blind.

    EACH has to have just enough power to make the other negotiate fair and reasonable contracts.

    It's just human nature at work.
    Thanks from labrea and Panzareta

  9. #49
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,269
    Thanks
    3827

    From
    AK

    Curtains for union coercion (Employee Rights Act)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    It's very simple really.

    If management has all the power they will proceed to fuck their employees blind.
    They very often don't have the incentive to "fuck their employees," given plenty need quality staff and can't retain them if they "fuck them." This reveals that in virtually no case does any employer have "all the power."

    If the unions have all the power they will proceed to fuck their employers blind.
    And they do, or try their damnedest.

    EACH has to have just enough power to make the other negotiate fair and reasonable contracts.
    Unions aren't necessary at all, as evidenced by the amount of work that gets done with no union involved.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 10th July 2017 at 07:55 PM.

  10. #50
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,021
    Thanks
    31136

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    They very often don't have the incentive to "fuck their employees," given plenty need quality staff and can't retain them if they "fuck them." This reveals that in virtually no case does any employer have "all the power."



    And they do, or try their damnedest.



    Unions aren't necessary at all, as evidenced by the amount of work that gets done with no union involved.
    You are willfully just as blind as a bat, clueless.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 6th November 2015, 07:16 AM
  2. WI Supreme court upholds 2011 union rights law
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31st July 2014, 10:40 AM
  3. Judge strikes down Wis. law limiting union rights
    By steezer in forum Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 22nd September 2012, 12:27 PM
  4. Poll: Americans favor union bargaining rights
    By TennesseeRain in forum Current Events
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 6th March 2011, 02:40 AM
  5. Americans favor union bargaining rights according to poll
    By Tedminator in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 28th February 2011, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed