Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: How much money do you have in your Health Savings Account?

  1. #41
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6606

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Neah. I have been working for 30 years and have seen pretty much everything. I've been laid off, I have had medical expenses, I have been with and without insurance. None of us can control everything, regardless of our employment. But throughout my life I have been safe because the one I rely on is myself.
    Why not just spend it all and let someone else take care of your needs? Don't bother saving... Vote Democrat instead.

  2. #42
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,412
    Thanks
    13999

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Interesting opinion, you seem to feel that there is no reason to bother to save because one incident could wipe it all out. Just throw your hands up in the air because there is nothing that you can do. Forget saving, buy those rims, get that new computer, time for a new pick up truck? No need to save...
    On the contrary, do save. Don't cut corners. Be aware that you may not be able to save the millions it may cost for one disease. Use logic. I save and I am covered for the big stuff. There is no way I would gamble with a lower cost HSA once reality is confronted. Treatments with serious diseases run in the millions. That savings account can be wiped out if health becomes an issue. Here is the thing, many are already living with that lesson you haven't learned yet. Many thought their nanny jobs protected them as well.

  3. #43
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,412
    Thanks
    13999

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    People make plans and God laughs.
    They have no idea how important your point is.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6606

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    On the contrary, do save. Don't cut corners. Be aware that you may not be able to save the millions it may cost for one disease. Use logic. I save and I am covered for the big stuff. There is no way I would gamble with a lower cost HSA once reality is confronted. Treatments with serious diseases run in the millions. That savings account can be wiped out if health becomes an issue. Here is the thing, many are already living with that lesson you haven't learned yet. Many thought their nanny jobs protected them as well.
    This is why we purchase insurance and have savings. These are examples of good choices that are made. And as I have stated there is no excuse for not having savings.

  5. #45
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,842
    Thanks
    10834

    From
    on the river
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Same here but that is called luck. There are some things out of anyone's control that welcomes all to the real world. In the real world disease, accidents and life's surprises can toss you into bankruptcy overnight. There is simply no way to predict what tomorrow will bring you. Many are already living with that reality. It is imperative to understand how quickly everything can change to be as prepared as you can be if it gets out of your control.
    America's founders did not establish this nation to guarantee you a life free of risks, trials and tribulations.

  6. #46
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,412
    Thanks
    13999

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Why not just spend it all and let someone else take care of your needs? Don't bother saving... Vote Democrat instead.
    Democrats? What are you talking about? I thought we were discussing wiser choices. Hell we pay more than you do for real insurance. We don't even get the tax subsidies you probably get.

    Liberal states are much wealthier than red states who use the resources. You need to catch up.

  7. #47
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,328
    Thanks
    1268

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    HSA maximum contributions for 2017 is $6550 for individual and $13,100 for family and that is only if you have a HDHP.
    I wish it was still that high.

    Limit on Contributions

    The amount you or any other person can contribute to your HSA depends on the type of HDHP coverage you have, your age, the date you become an eligible individual, and the date you cease to be an eligible individual. For 2016, if you have self-only HDHP coverage, you can contribute up to $3,350. If you have family HDHP coverage, you can contribute up to $6,750.

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12,539
    Thanks
    8250

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    They have no idea how important your point is.
    Yes, I do. All the planning in the world doesn't stop a tragedy. No financial plan or business plan prepares you for the emotional impact it can have, on you, or your family.
    People plan and God laughs.

  9. #49
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,412
    Thanks
    13999

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    America's founders did not establish this nation to guarantee you a life free of risks, trials and tribulations.
    Ummmm...that is what I'm saying. These people gambling with HSA without being wealthy just because it is cheaper are in for a big surprise.

  10. #50
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    38,821
    Thanks
    30303

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    But somehow they can afford Obamacare premiums and deductibles.
    Something like 80%+ qualify for the subsidies.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Great Health Care For Much Less Money"
    By BigLeRoy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2nd December 2016, 04:37 PM
  2. Fleecing Life Savings
    By Monk-Eye in forum Economics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th October 2013, 02:27 AM
  3. Ron Paul: IRS Will Steal More Money To Fund Health Care
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 06:47 AM
  4. New Daylight Savings Soon to Start
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th February 2007, 01:31 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed