Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
Thanks Tree16Thanks

Thread: Problem Solver Caucus.

  1. #21
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30,553
    Thanks
    28552

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    That was what Joe Lieberman said. Too many in Connecticut would lose their jobs if we went to single payer.
    Did you not believe him?

    He's a dishonest right-winger, but that doesn't imply that everything he's ever said was a lie.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,589
    Thanks
    23304

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Did you not believe him?

    He's a dishonest right-winger, but that doesn't imply that everything he's ever said was a lie.
    If we go along with that logic then we best increase military funding as well because every state makes a buttload off of it. Keep ordering those tanks and C17s even though the military tells us they don't want anymore. It keeps Americans working.

  3. #23
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30,553
    Thanks
    28552

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    If we go along with that logic then we best increase military funding as well because every state makes a buttload off of it. Keep ordering those tanks and C17s even though the military tells us they don't want anymore. It keeps Americans working.
    I'm not asking you, or anyone else, to go along with any logic. I was merely answering a question.

  4. #24
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    27,260
    Thanks
    16344

    From
    At the Copa, Copacabana...
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Are putting forth a plan to fix the Health Care crisis.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/o...re-reform.html.

    You will see an ad,and continue on.
    Sounds encouraging.

    Rare these days.
    Thanks from bajisima

  5. #25
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    27,260
    Thanks
    16344

    From
    At the Copa, Copacabana...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    The REASON, is that we have allowed the Insurance Companies to inject themselves between patient and provider.

    Originally, Healthcare Insurance was only for "emergencies," like Cancer, a horrible, accident, etc.

    Health maintenance, most prescriptions, etc., were paid for by the consumer, but, once Insurance, AND GOVERNMENT injected themselves, it all went off the rails.

    The problem now, is that we have a choice between "Greedy Insurance" or "Greedy Government."

    At least...PRIVATE Insurance Companies can be sued, and held to task (Often by Government), so, they tend to be much more effcient.

    There is no such counter-balance to Government, and face it: Government loses, misplaces and, I honestly believe, skims some off the top, for themselves......

    Still believe Steve Brill's article in Time magazine is the gold standard on the topic. The out of control billing systems are the area which needs the first/most attention. And little is being given.

    Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us - TIME
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  6. #26

  7. #27
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    40,532
    Thanks
    29173

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    That was what Joe Lieberman said. Too many in Connecticut would lose their jobs if we went to single payer.
    Then when Joe lost in both parties,he went to work as an Insurance lobbyist. His wife already was one. Forgive me if I do not admire Holy Joe, who practiced his Religion faithfully while desperately trying to help himself instead of those who voted for him.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    40,532
    Thanks
    29173

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Sounds encouraging.

    Rare these days.
    Mitch had his head handed to him by 3 brave Republicans. He has no where to go.

    http://www.politicususa.com/2017/08/...p-failure.html
    Last edited by MaryAnne; 9th August 2017 at 04:15 AM.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,589
    Thanks
    23304

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Then when Joe lost in both parties,he went to work as an Insurance lobbyist. His wife already was one. Forgive me if I do not admire Holy Joe, who practiced his Religion faithfully while desperately trying to help himself instead of those who voted for him.
    Well to be fair, CT is the "insurance state." Its why many of the reps there don't favor single payer, they don't want half their state to lose their jobs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Solvers Caucus
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15th March 2017, 06:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd August 2011, 08:27 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th November 2010, 08:56 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12th December 2007, 01:13 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th December 2007, 11:27 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed