Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: Now THIS was a phenomenal First Lady....

  1. #41
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21609

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Laura Bush was a great first lady too.
    Yes, she was. I saw a very interesting pictorial during those years on 'The Evolution of Betty Crocker'. Showed how the depictions of Betty Crocker slowly changed over time.

    In the mid-2000's, Betty Crocker had come to look almost EXACTLY like Laura Bush.

    That the First Lady was seen to be 'like' Betty Crocker was probably a good thing. I guess.

  2. #42
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21609

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettee View Post
    Still don't get it. Shocker.


    Not really.
    Spookycolt DOES think those nude photos of Melania Trump were 'phenomenal'.

    Likes them so much he has a few posted on his bedroom wall.

    No need to discuss what he does in bed.

  3. #43
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19115

    From
    america
    I wasn't overly impressed with her.

    And, of course, I do not miss her or her husband, one bit.

    I DO wish people would lay off of them, though. Hell, even Michelle can't have a drink with Beyonce' without someone saying she's a drunk....

    I don't even care if someone IS a drunk (hey, I like company!!!).

    Just when they make dumb choices, and put OTHERS at risk, when they are drunk. (Not so big about the loud, boisterous drunk who thinks everyone paid $100 bucks for an NFL ticket to come watch and hear him. But, typically, those guys don't last past half time, before getting escorted out. I must say, it was funny watching a dude fall down the steps that time....the whole crowd laughed, but....from the scowl on his face, I don't think that was part of his intended act....)

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,698
    Thanks
    20992

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I wasn't overly impressed with her.

    And, of course, I do not miss her or her husband, one bit.

    I DO wish people would lay off of them, though. Hell, even Michelle can't have a drink with Beyonce' without someone saying she's a drunk....

    I don't even care if someone IS a drunk (hey, I like company!!!).

    Just when they make dumb choices, and put OTHERS at risk, when they are drunk. (Not so big about the loud, boisterous drunk who thinks everyone paid $100 bucks for an NFL ticket to come watch and hear him. But, typically, those guys don't last past half time, before getting escorted out. I must say, it was funny watching a dude fall down the steps that time....the whole crowd laughed, but....from the scowl on his face, I don't think that was part of his intended act....)
    Why weren't you Impressed with her? Which First Lady Impressed you?

  5. #45
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19115

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Why weren't you Impressed with her? Which First Lady Impressed you?
    I felt she was a bit arrogant. (JUST an emotional opinion on my part.)

    Didn't like that she was not "proud" of America, until her husband became President.

    Her School Lunch program, while well-intentioned, was a mess.

    She seemed to scowl a lot.

    She, like many on the Left, LOOKED for RACISM in others, while not applying the same guidelines for such to her self, or her allies.

    I stand on the opposite side, politically.

    But, she was decent enough, I suppose.

    Which First Lady Impressed me?

    --Barbara Bush: LOVE that lady, but, I loved her husband, as well.

    --Nanci Reagan: Say what you will about Nanci, but, she was a damned good First Lady, and, utterly devoted wife.

    --Laura Bush: Kept to herself, mostly. Chose to be NON-controversial. My only dig against her, is that she is a teacher, and STILL her husband had trouble with "grammology...."

    --Ivanka Trump: NOT the "First Lady," but, she has largely taken the role. Like her a LOT more than I like her Father, and, I hope that HER political star rises......
    Thanks from sweettee

  6. #46
    Veteran Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,205
    Thanks
    7239

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I wasn't overly impressed with her.

    And, of course, I do not miss her or her husband, one bit.

    I DO wish people would lay off of them, though. Hell, even Michelle can't have a drink with Beyonce' without someone saying she's a drunk....

    I don't even care if someone IS a drunk (hey, I like company!!!).

    Just when they make dumb choices, and put OTHERS at risk, when they are drunk. (Not so big about the loud, boisterous drunk who thinks everyone paid $100 bucks for an NFL ticket to come watch and hear him. But, typically, those guys don't last past half time, before getting escorted out. I must say, it was funny watching a dude fall down the steps that time....the whole crowd laughed, but....from the scowl on his face, I don't think that was part of his intended act....)
    Yea! This is why j'adore!

  7. #47
    Veteran Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,205
    Thanks
    7239

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I felt she was a bit arrogant. (JUST an emotional opinion on my part.)

    Didn't like that she was not "proud" of America, until her husband became President.

    Her School Lunch program, while well-intentioned, was a mess.

    She seemed to scowl a lot.

    She, like many on the Left, LOOKED for RACISM in others, while not applying the same guidelines for such to her self, or her allies.

    I stand on the opposite side, politically.

    But, she was decent enough, I suppose.

    Which First Lady Impressed me?

    --Barbara Bush: LOVE that lady, but, I loved her husband, as well.

    --Nanci Reagan: Say what you will about Nanci, but, she was a damned good First Lady, and, utterly devoted wife.

    --Laura Bush: Kept to herself, mostly. Chose to be NON-controversial. My only dig against her, is that she is a teacher, and STILL her husband had trouble with "grammology...."

    --Ivanka Trump: NOT the "First Lady," but, she has largely taken the role. Like her a LOT more than I like her Father, and, I hope that HER political star rises......
    Babs, yes!
    Nancy, of course!
    Laura, yes.
    Ivanka, meh.

  8. #48
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    18,734
    Thanks
    15045

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    A middle aged woman singing is phenomenal?

    Um....OK.
    There is a rumor that we have a middle age woman in the White House currently. Maybe if she sang on the grounds we could verify that rumor.
    Thanks from sweettee

  9. #49
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21609

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    There is a rumor that we have a middle age woman in the White House currently. Maybe if she sang on the grounds we could verify that rumor.
    Back in the Middle Ages, everyone was middle-aged.


    There was actually a college student who wrote that on their world history exam.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5

  10. #50
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21609

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettee View Post
    Babs, yes!
    Nancy, of course!
    Laura, yes.
    Ivanka, meh.
    Can't bring myself to 'love' either Barbara Bush or Nancy Reagan. Barbara Bush said something very offensive about Hurricane Katrina refugees being housed in the Houston Astrodome. Remember what she said?

    And Nancy Reagan's 'Just Say No' campaign against drug abuse was wildly naïve, she consulted astrologers to decide important details about when and who her husband would be meeting, and was providing whispered answers to Ronnie late in his second term, when he was probably suffering from early Alzheimer's. On the plus side, though, she DID get that idiot James Watt fired from his position as Secretary of the Interior.

    [James Watt unwisely went after the Beach Boys; Nancy LIKED the Beach Boys.]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22nd February 2017, 06:47 PM
  2. the first, first lady
    By cable2 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th January 2016, 12:16 PM
  3. Old Lady
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th July 2014, 04:46 PM
  4. US reports ‘phenomenal’ drop in Iraq violence
    By Bert Spivey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 23rd November 2007, 03:59 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed