Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 181
Thanks Tree56Thanks

Thread: I have an actual serious question

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,012
    Thanks
    16226

    From
    Phoenix, AZ

    I have an actual serious question

    Okay, so two things have happened in the last couple of days, L'il Kim has threatened to bomb Guam, and Lord Dampnuts has promised "fire and fury", like the world has never known - not necessairily in that order.

    So, here's my question. Let us say that we detect a North Korean missile launched in the general direction of Guam. Let us further imagine that said missile falls rather short, and drops relatively harmlessly into the sea. So. Do we just assume this was another of L'il Kim's missile tests, or do we assume that it was L'il Kim attempting to follow through on his threat, and failing? And, if we assume the latter, what do we do about it? I mean, we don't have a lot of historical precedence for a failed attack on the US, or one of its territories.

    Take Pearl Harbour, for instance. Had the attack from Japan been a miserable failure, would we have still entered into WW II? I'm not being sarcastic, here. This really is a plausible suggestion of things to come. So, if L'il Kim attempts to attack us, and fails, what would our likely response be?

  2. #2
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,594
    Thanks
    23306

    From
    New Hampshire
    Well Lil Kim did say he would deliberately miss Guam but instead put missiles in a 20 mile or so ring off the coasts. So if he does that, I suppose the response would be what would happen if they put missiles 20 miles off the coast of CA or WA? Would we ignore that? The problem here is we put our decisions in the mix due to Trump. We need to remain neutral and have the same response no matter who is in office. I believe if NK puts missiles that close to either a US territory or state, Pres Reagan, Bush, Obama and Clinton would respond with force. Not nuclear but conventional. Trump probably wouldn't be any different.
    Thanks from pragmatic

  3. #3
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,786
    Thanks
    13472

    From
    USA
    It is a good question without an answer I am afraid. There is no way to calculate what this President will do. Thus far every move with N. Korea has been the wrong move except the UN agreement. There is no good news or answer. We will either be spun into a war that can expand if we piss China off or we will turn to the UN which is what should be done.

    There is a reason all recent administrations ignored N. Korea. Trump's own baiting and responding to baiting is a dangerous game. So the answer is who knows, It is like two l'il Kim's facing off so the game just got even more dangerous for the US population.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,012
    Thanks
    16226

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Well Lil Kim did say he would deliberately miss Guam but instead put missiles in a 20 mile or so ring off the coasts. So if he does that, I suppose the response would be what would happen if they put missiles 20 miles off the coast of CA or WA? Would we ignore that? The problem here is we put our decisions in the mix due to Trump. We need to remain neutral and have the same response no matter who is in office. I believe if NK puts missiles that close to either a US territory or state, Pres Reagan, Bush, Obama and Clinton would respond with force. Not nuclear but conventional. Trump probably wouldn't be any different.
    Soooo...we go to war? Do we ask the UN/NATO for help? Or do we just go to war, and tell everyone else, "Get the fuck on board, or get outa the fuckin way,"?
    Thanks from Friday13

  5. #5
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,786
    Thanks
    13472

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Well Lil Kim did say he would deliberately miss Guam but instead put missiles in a 20 mile or so ring off the coasts. So if he does that, I suppose the response would be what would happen if they put missiles 20 miles off the coast of CA or WA? Would we ignore that? The problem here is we put our decisions in the mix due to Trump. We need to remain neutral and have the same response no matter who is in office. I believe if NK puts missiles that close to either a US territory or state, Pres Reagan, Bush, Obama and Clinton would respond with force. Not nuclear but conventional. Trump probably wouldn't be any different.
    I don't think Clinton, Bush, or Obama would go to war. They would turn to the UN and NATO.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6603

    From
    A Month Away
    Do we wait for the missile to miss? The missile will have a flight time of 14 minutes.
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix and bajisima

  7. #7
    Statue whisperer Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    45,035
    Thanks
    21567

    From
    Ohio
    North Korea Outlines Plan to Launch Missiles Toward Guam | Time.com

    That's exactly what they plan to do.

    Trump is doubling down.

    Trump: Maybe 'fire and fury' comment 'wasn't tough enough' - CNNPolitics

    Trump's trying to out-crazy KJU.
    Thanks from Minotaur and Thx1138

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,012
    Thanks
    16226

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    It is a good question without an answer I am afraid. There is no way to calculate what this President will do. Thus far every move with N. Korea has been the wrong move except the UN agreement. There is no good news or answer. We will either be spun into a war that can expand if we piss China off or we will turn to the UN which is what should be done.

    There is a reason all recent administrations ignored N. Korea. Trump's own baiting and responding to baiting is a dangerous game. So the answer is who knows, It is like two l'il Kim's facing off so the game just got even more dangerous for the US population.
    Okay. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has questions about this. I mean, to my knowledge, we don't have a whole lot of historical precedence with how we typically respond to a failed attempt on the US, or its territories.
    Thanks from Minotaur

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6603

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Okay. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has questions about this. I mean, to my knowledge, we don't have a whole lot of historical precedence with how we typically respond to a failed attempt on the US, or its territories.
    No one has been that bold. This would be a test. If North Korea were to do it with no consequences, who would try it next?

  10. #10
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,786
    Thanks
    13472

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    No one has been that bold. This would be a test. If North Korea were to do it with no consequences, who would try it next?
    Really? Yesterday Russia flew a military plane over Washington DC and Trump's property.
    Thanks from Hollywood

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What? The actual? Fuck?!?!
    By Czernobog in forum Current Events
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 8th September 2016, 12:42 PM
  2. What the actual fuck?!?!?
    By Czernobog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 17th August 2015, 12:21 PM
  3. Is it an actual brainwashing?
    By Donald Polish in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 16th February 2015, 06:35 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed