Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 111
Thanks Tree74Thanks

Thread: Polk County Sheriff's Department: "If you have parking ticketd, please drown,"

  1. #51
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,543
    Thanks
    17246

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    "Their word" never included "bench warrant". Those are your words, not theirs.

    Are you really so out of touch with reality you don't know the police always have arrest warrants for folks they have been unable to track down?
    Me out of touch with reality? I'm not the one claiming that the Polk County Sheriff's Department doesn't know what they can, and cannot determine from a warrant issuance. Like I said, I'll take their word over your bullshit. They said they couldn't tell, and that means that people with outstanding parking tickets would be hauled off to jail.

  2. #52
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,038
    Thanks
    8839

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Me out of touch with reality? I'm not the one claiming that the Polk County Sheriff's Department doesn't know what they can, and cannot determine from a warrant issuance. Like I said, I'll take their word over your bullshit. They said they couldn't tell, and that means that people with outstanding parking tickets would be hauled off to jail.
    Not bullshit. I linked to the actual requirements of the information to be included in a Florida arrest warrant.

    You still have failed to show where the sheriff said they couldn't determine the crime attached to the warrant.

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,543
    Thanks
    17246

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Not bullshit. I linked to the actual requirements of the information to be included in a Florida arrest warrant.

    You still have failed to show where the sheriff said they couldn't determine the crime attached to the warrant.
    That would be here, in the article you still have apparently failed to read:

    She also pointed out that officers do not have any way of immediately seeing the type of crime the warrant is connected with, which means anyone with a minor offenseólike an unpaid parking ticketówill be arrested if they try to seek refuge at a Hurricane Irma shelter.
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  4. #54
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,038
    Thanks
    8839

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    That would be here, in the article you still have apparently failed to read:

    She also pointed out that officers do not have any way of immediately seeing the type of crime the warrant is connected with, which means anyone with a minor offense—like an unpaid parking ticket—will be arrested if they try to seek refuge at a Hurricane Irma shelter.
    Once again, the person writing the article said that, not the sheriff's office. Where is the quote from the sheriff's office?


  5. #55
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,543
    Thanks
    17246

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Once again, the person writing the article said that, not the sheriff's office. Where is the quote from the sheriff's office?

    Oh. I'm sorry. I apparently emphasised the wrong part:

    She ("She" being the Sheriff's Department spokesperson, not the author of the article. The author was reporting what the spokesperson indicated) also pointed out that officers do not have any way of immediately seeing the type of crime the warrant is connected with, which means anyone with a minor offense—like an unpaid parking ticket—will be arrested if they try to seek refuge at a Hurricane Irma shelter.
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix and Babba

  6. #56
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,755
    Thanks
    38766

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Oh. I'm sorry. I apparently emphasised the wrong part:

    She ("She" being the Sheriff's Department spokesperson, not the author of the article. The author was reporting what the spokesperson indicated) also pointed out that officers do not have any way of immediately seeing the type of crime the warrant is connected with, which means anyone with a minor offense—like an unpaid parking ticket—will be arrested if they try to seek refuge at a Hurricane Irma shelter.
    Some folks love to troll....just tell them to fuck off and die...
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  7. #57
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,543
    Thanks
    17246

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Some folks love to troll....just tell them to fuck off and die...
    I've been tempted, several times, but then I get thread banned. I don't wanna get thread banned from my own thread. Besides, you'll notice that when his "point" is exposed to be idiotic nonsense, he tends to just shut up.

  8. #58
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,929
    Thanks
    5841

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    "Sex offenders/predators will not be allowed in".

    If the offense isn't listed on the arrest warrant, how would they know someone is a sex offender?
    because there's a registration for hem ? duh !
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    2647

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    You're right. How dare she try to seek refuge in a hurricane that is destroying her home! I'm surprised people like you aren't suggesting they should be checking citizenship status while they're at it...
    Mr. Czernobog,

    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time....

    Don't do it.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34,543
    Thanks
    17246

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Czernobog,

    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time....

    Don't do it.
    Really? So, an unpaid traffic ticket is worthy of separating a mother from her children during a fucking hurricane?!?! Really? You're going to stand by that position? I mean, it's not like the people arrested as soon as they see a judge. However, being that a hurricane is hitting, that could take weeks. In the meantime, they sit in a jail cell, while their terrified kids have no one.

    Look, I agree, in principle, that if you get a ticket, just pay the damned thing. But, perhaps a hurricane is not the proper time to "make a point", dontcha think?
    Thanks from Babba

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th May 2016, 04:46 PM
  2. Sheriff: Officers didn't stand by and watch teens drown
    By Minotaur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 25th April 2016, 10:35 AM
  3. Replies: 280
    Last Post: 23rd April 2016, 09:51 AM
  4. " an ass-load of guns"... Chesterfield County Sheriff
    By HenryPorter in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 11:00 AM
  5. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 13th August 2015, 08:38 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed